I have posed these queries before in another forum and just want to have your valued opinion too....Before i put forth my questions, lemme mention my profile...
Indian, Engineer, in IT field (what else?!)
GMAT - 760 (Q50/44V)
Work ex - as of today, almost 5 years...planning to apply for the fall 2006 courses..so it will be more than 6 year by the time i enroll
Undergrad - From a top 10 college in my country
GPA - Not good, not bad...average maybe some where around 3.0 - 3.2
Extra curriculars - good...active in sports, leadership, was the president of the students council in my college final year, many awards in public speaking and dramatics in my good 'ol school days (though i don't think it will matter much)
Community service - not much
For the last couple of weeks, i was trying to re-assess the reasons for my going back to school for an MBA...I am in IT field and i like it here and want to continue in the same field....and that made me think "why not go for a 1 yr course instead of a 2 yr?"
1) smaller hole in my pocket, (and that's a big incentive for me)
2) smaller absence from the job market
3) i just need to streamline my career with respect to what i have learnt till now..i am not looking for a field change
So...My questions are:
1) Should i go in for a 2 year or a 1 year course?
2) I have sent my scores to MIT, CMU, Berkley, UT-Austin...what are my chances if i plan to apply for all of them.
Thanx in advance...