Joined: 01 Jan 2012
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GMAT 1: Q42 V32
GMAT 2: 0 Q50 V35
, given: 5
Should I retake? [#permalink]
17 Oct 2012, 10:10
1) Basic demographic info: 25yr , Female , Indian
2) Educational Background: Btech in Computer Science with GPA=3
3) Work experience: I am working as senior subject matter expert(Software developer). Yes i had promotion in just 10 months of joining the company. I am working for software and services for billing, customer relationship management (CRM), operations support systems (OSS). I had experience of 3.5yr.
4) Extracurriculars: I was active participant of skits and plays. I participated as actor, writer and director. But I don't have much certificates to show.
5) Short/Long term goals: After my MBA I want to go into business development. May be after some years of experience in business I want to start my own business.
6) Schools: I shortlisted University of Texas,Tepper school ,University of Arizona MIS program.
7) Uniqueness: I am not sure how it will count in my uniqueness. I love teaching and counselling . I made my maid literate in an year . When i started with her she could not even hold a pencil with in a year Now she can read write and can do basic maths.
I am associated with an NGO from one year . That NGO was not in my city .I helped to establish it in my city which includes finding volunteers, Finding underprivileged schools, Convincing school management that how we can help them etc etc.
At my workplace I was awarded promotion before conventional period . With in 6 months I was given onsite opportunity . I designed a software program which decreases manhours from two months to one week . For which i also got a lot of appreciation.
8) Recommendations: I have shortlisted two recommenders one is my group lead and other is my CEO of last company.
9) Gaps:No gaps
GMAT score is quite low 630 Quant 44 Verbal 32
Where do i stand? Please help
Should I retake the exam?
What is the latest date by which I can take GMAT.