Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Sep 2014, 01:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Starting preparation - Request Inputs

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Starting preparation - Request Inputs [#permalink] New post 02 Nov 2007, 01:39
Hello Hjort,

I have been a silent observer of this forum since last few months as I was thinking about GMAT since a long time, but could never get enough time and motivation to study. Now when I am motivated and bit free, I have finally joined this forum and I request inputs from you all on colleges I should aim at and GMAT study material which will be enough for me to study –

About me in brief:
6 years IT experience – 3 years of Overseas experience – Based in UK now
Working as Independent Business Intelligence Consultant and have started a small company in same direction, but haven’t accomplished much. I am already earning enough, so money is not the only motivation for me to go for MBA. I wish to go for it so that I can expand my network and enhance my capabilities to make my company successful. I think MBA will also help me in career progression.
From my initial analysis and study of GMAT – I feel confident about Quant (PS) but my main worry is Sentence Correction, as I am a non native English speaker.
I have done all my education in English and my educational qualification is – Mechanical Engineer with 75 % - Distinction – not sure how it converts to GPA
I will be interested mostly in 1 year programmes so that I can quickly get back to work, hence my main focus is INSEAD, IMD and ISB, but in addition I am also looking for LBS, Kellogg’s ( not sure what else I should add, still deciding on it)
I am aiming for something which has more focus on Consulting, Marketing, Entrepreneurship

At present I have got the following study materials with me:
OG 10th and 11th Edition
•Manhattan Verbal ( Sentence Correction, CR and RC)
Kaplan Tests
•Princeton Tests
•Some additional notes I collected from other friends and this forum
•1000 Question bank for SC, RC, CR, PS and DS

My main questions are:
•What kind of recommendations I should start thinking about?
•Are the colleges selected by me, suitable for me or shall I include some more – may be some which are not ultra elites or elites
•Being based in UK – is it wise to shift to US – considering the recent H1B visa stories
•Definitely about the study materials

I am sorry for too many questions but want to be very clear before I invest my time and effort.

This Forum is really great and I wish I can contribute in some way.

Many Thanks!
Rover
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Starting preparation - Request Inputs   [#permalink] 02 Nov 2007, 01:39

Starting preparation - Request Inputs

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap