Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 10:39

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Stuck at a Score

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Stuck at a Score [#permalink] New post 20 Aug 2005, 03:41
I took the GMAT 3 times and my score is not getting over 550.

Any tips on what to do ?

Should I go for 2nd or 3rd tier colleges or give up alltogether.

Work ex : Five years . 1 In exports of clothes and 4 in the export of dyes. 1 yr experience in imports for the company I am working for.
Also 3 yrs of teaching experience teaching BBA Students

GMAT : 550
TOEFL :283

Economics Honours Undergrad from one of the top Univ in India
with a Masters in International Business (9.80/10.00 CGPA). This is a MA Economics course with splz in International Business

Community involvement - Worked in Leprosy Rehabiltation Program for one yr while doing my Masters.

How would U rate that Scott ??
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
CIO
CIO
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 154 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 23 Aug 2005, 15:07
What are your career goals?

http://www.mbagameplan.com

Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 27 Aug 2005, 05:11
Already in the process of starting a health care consultancy which is a family business and I would be managing that. Want to get an MBA so as to manage this venture as rest all my family comprises of doctors so I have to take care of the management aspect of the company.

Operational activity -- dealing with hospitals, insurance companies, medicare product manufacturers

Is it recommended I try for a MS Marketing Program as I would be heading the Marketing aspect of my company and also taking care of the finances as well.
CIO
CIO
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 154 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 27 Aug 2005, 17:58
Okay, so you already have a position waiting for you and therefore while a school's ability to prepare you for management is certainly important, you dont' require a strong brand.

Given that, I would recommend that you look into a lower-tier school that focuses on general management -- perhaps with a health care specialization.

http://www.mbagameplan.com

Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 08 Sep 2005, 19:34
Yes that is correct. But I am looking for a school tat does pay emphasis to healthcare, but gives me more on the marketing and finance side as those are the 2 key areas where I will be responsible for my company. Operational part of course is being handled by rest of my family members who belong to the medical fraternity, so I am like the lone ranger :) when it comes to marketing and finance.

Do U think its good to try for Univ of Dallas, Univ of Tampa, Indiana State, Univ of Buffalo.

I wanted to go for John Hopkins but they do not offer a full time program, only a part-time MBA and that according to me would not be so good for me.