Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Apr 2014, 07:15

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Study Methods

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Study Methods [#permalink] New post 10 May 2004, 19:17
for all the gmat doers here....

what do you think is the good way to study and build strength on each of the gmat sections and combine them together later?

do you think in any day we practice we should touch on all 5 sections so that we wont forget them or should we focus on each section each day until we're doing quite well before combining them.

how many questions are enough per section per study?
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
CEO
CEO
Followers: 57

Kudos [?]: 649 [0], given: 781

Re: Study Methods [#permalink] New post 10 May 2004, 21:07
aonie wrote:
for all the gmat doers here....

what do you think is the good way to study and build strength on each of the gmat sections and combine them together later?

do you think in any day we practice we should touch on all 5 sections so that we wont forget them or should we focus on each section each day until we're doing quite well before combining them.

how many questions are enough per section per study?

while there is a lot of advice available here on this forum, i will just touch on a few points

Practise is not effective if we cannot eliminate errors as we practise. We recently started offering error logs to our members. you can write your errors as you practise. everytime you start your prep , first go over the problems in your error log and keep updating the eror log. this will make sure that you are not repeating errors.

An error log will also make sure that you dont forget the problems that your had trouble earlier. this way , you can build a good database of problems that you can refer everyday. this log will be especially useful in your final week.

You can practise as many or as less as you want, but what i must say is that Time yourself regularly. once you think you have learnt enough about SC/PS etc, select a set of problems and practice them with a clock. you might find that the number of mistakes are more, just because of time pressure. this will again help you develop a good strategy.

you should make an effort to practice PS/DS/SC everyday.... Try to practice RC/CR's at regular intervals ( say every third day).

Hope this helps
Praet
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 10 May 2004, 21:56
thanks Praet.

may I have a look at this error log? I'm not sure that I can access it as I read that you must post >100 msgs before you can use it.

(although I know that you did grant some exemptions to some of our members).
CEO
CEO

[#permalink] New post 10 May 2004, 22:18
aonie wrote:
thanks Praet.

may I have a look at this error log? I'm not sure that I can access it as I read that you must post >100 msgs before you can use it.

(although I know that you did grant some exemptions to some of our members).

yes, i will set one for you. Our only request is that please committ to post atleast 100 messages.

The error log is just like your own personal forum Aonie. Nothing special. Nobody else can access your log. So you can write it in like you write in your notebook. hope it helps.

read more here.
http://www.gmatclub.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=5643

your log will be up in 5 minutes. just scroll to the end of the forum. you will see Error Logs for active members.

Sincerely
Praet
CEO
CEO

[#permalink] New post 11 May 2004, 01:37
aonie, your error log is up..did you notice that ?

regards
praet
  [#permalink] 11 May 2004, 01:37