Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 06:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Study Plan for 10 weeks

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GMAT Date: 01-15-2013
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Study Plan for 10 weeks [#permalink] New post 30 Oct 2012, 14:18
Hello everyone,

I'm planning to take the GMAT in about 11 weeks (mid-January) and I would really appreciate some guidance as to how I should organize my time.
To give some you some context:
- I'm in my final semester of my management/ business undergrad , so I have some school work every week, and I need to have time to study for my classes as well since my finals are all in January ( I'm only taking 3 courses, though)
-I took a diagnose test at this website: gmat.hult.edu and I got a 600-630 (Q 34-36, V 40-42); they say that my problem questions are PS and RC
- Some days after that I downloaded GMATPrep and took test1 and got a 570 (Q 34, V 35) but I finished each section with more than 20min left
- I am applying for pre-experience graduate programs, not MBAs. So I would be happy with a score around 700
- I only have Kaplan's GMAT Premier 2013 w/ 5 CAT

Basically I really need to improve my Quant and learn how to manage my time, using that book :( What do you suggest?
Also, should I study Quant questions some weeks and then Verbal ones some other weeks or should I study a bit of both every week?

Thank you for your time :) , sorry if I wrote too much!
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 30

Re: Study Plan for 10 weeks [#permalink] New post 31 Oct 2012, 07:44
I would study quant and verbal concepts together, but that is just me. It really is an individual choice.

As far as timing, I would always use a stopwatch while doing practice problems. Most people spend too much time doing practice questions. Luckily for you, you need to learn to allocate your time better and take a little longer on each question. Seeing how you finished both sections on the practice test early, using a timer should be a quick fix to improving your score a bit.

Give Kudos if my post was helpful!

Re: Study Plan for 10 weeks   [#permalink] 31 Oct 2012, 07:44