Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 04:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

summer leadership program?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

summer leadership program? [#permalink] New post 06 May 2009, 18:46
hi all,

i was just invited to e & y's summer leadership program. it's some kind of 2 day event. i didn't apply for this but a recruiter invited me so i'm a little unsure on the details. has anyone done one of these? my understanding is that each of the big 4 offers such a program. what do you do? is it worthwhile? i'd probably have to take a couple days off of work to attend so i'd like to make sure it's going to be beneficial.

any help would be great!
thanks,
ajk
SVP
SVP
Schools: Yale SOM 2011 Alum, Kellogg, Booth, Tuck
WE 1: IB - Restructuring & Distressed M&A
Followers: 73

Kudos [?]: 688 [0], given: 548

Reviews Badge
Re: summer leadership program? [#permalink] New post 07 May 2009, 05:41
E&Y Summer Leadership Training is really just a networking event that introduces students to E&Y.

I've never hosted one or participated in one while I worked at E&Y but from what I know, the program invites some top candidates for future recruiting for networking activities.

There will be presentations and powerpoint slides that introduces E&Y and what they do.

They will make you guys participate in group challenges and activities.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: ACA, CPA
Schools: BC
WE 1: Big4, Audit
WE 2: Banking
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 37 [0], given: 41

Re: summer leadership program? [#permalink] New post 07 May 2009, 11:47
Ya, its more of a road show thn anything else. Having been in EY i can tell you that its more to expose the prospective candidates to tilt towards EY thn other big4's.

On an overall basis, all the big4's are the same. I always say to my colleagues -when it comes to big4's, you have to be where the business is. For ex - if you want to get into the banking and capital mkt space, EY is surely NOT something you want to be associated with when you have PWC/KPMG to opt for.

My 2 cents.

If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down.

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: summer leadership program? [#permalink] New post 07 May 2009, 22:30
Thanks for the input.

snipertrader, banking/finance is not where I see myself. What is EY's "business"? From a meet the firms event I recently attended, EY and PwC stick out as the front runners in my search (strictly based on the people I met who work at the firm), so any help to distinguish these two would help.

ajk
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: ACA, CPA
Schools: BC
WE 1: Big4, Audit
WE 2: Banking
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 37 [0], given: 41

Re: summer leadership program? [#permalink] New post 07 May 2009, 22:48
In EY, we have something called channel 1 (audit and assurance) and channel 2 (advisory/risk mgmt etc)
Thts how the business lines are classified. Channel I provides for the base business and thn channel 2 is more "exotic" where the margins are higher.
This could be for banking/real estate/consumer goods/NFP etc.
If you can ask pointed questions , ill try to answer em.
I guess PWC also works on the same lines.

ajk2010 wrote:
Thanks for the input.

snipertrader, banking/finance is not where I see myself. What is EY's "business"? From a meet the firms event I recently attended, EY and PwC stick out as the front runners in my search (strictly based on the people I met who work at the firm), so any help to distinguish these two would help.

ajk

If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down.

Re: summer leadership program?   [#permalink] 07 May 2009, 22:48