Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Jul 2014, 19:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

TAKE IT FROM AN OLD PRO

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

TAKE IT FROM AN OLD PRO [#permalink] New post 13 Jul 2006, 12:17
When I took the test the first time I started with a 330. Finally after crossing the HIMALAYAS and cross the ATLANTIC. I finished with a 620.

Perserverance is key, if you don't have that, you are most lost than you think.

As far as tools to prep with. Use the OG 10/11, which have a great deal of overlap (except for the diagnostic in the OG 11). I had a friend send me his error log, that consisted mainly of OG 10 problems. This really helped alot b/c you really hone in on your weaknesses.

If my friend wouldn't have sent me the log, I wouldn't never created myself, but WOW did it make a difference. Also get the Kaplan book (the one they use in the class). The Kaplan guide in the bookstores is garbage compared to the one you can purchase from Kaplan.

Plus when you order the book they give you a wonderful tool called Qbank, which has 1000 math and verbal problems. It's completely customizable and used in conjuntion with the OG, error log and the Kaplan book will make a sharp GMATTER.

Also purchase Manhattan GMAT 8 set of books, you can use them with the OG 11. I have to say there math is a little different from Kaplan, but not much. There SC is where they really shine. After completing there SC book, you should 12, 13 out of 15 problems correct. They really have a great approach.

Any questions, feel free to email me. Trust I've been through it all.

thx,

wiseguy
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
VP
VP
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 13 Jul 2006, 14:18
hey wiseguy,

seems like you are living up to your nick name regarding GMAT stuff... almost 300 point improvement!!! it is amazing!!! i salute you for all the efforts!

good luck and congrats on such a huge jump!
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 14 Jul 2006, 08:35
great inspirational post, how long it took for u to improve so many points,?......

“If money is your hope for independence you will never have it. The only real security that a man will have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience, and ability.â€

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 247

Kudos [?]: 1513 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
 [#permalink] New post 14 Jul 2006, 15:59
From 5th percentile to 76th percentile ....
Wow thats a jump.

Congrats.
Current Student
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 120 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
 [#permalink] New post 15 Jul 2006, 04:12
I can personally attest to Wiseguy`s 330--->620 improvement. He put his nose to the grindstone last autumn and studied hard. "Do or die" was his mantra. At last he achieved the score he needed and will be attending his school of choice this fall thanks to such unwavering perserverance.

Keep us in the loop about the NY joint program Alex. 8-)

Matt
  [#permalink] 15 Jul 2006, 04:12