Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 21:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Test "Stamina"

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Test "Stamina" [#permalink] New post 02 Jul 2003, 21:48
Can anybody suggest methods they use to remain alert/energetic/awake :? throughout the test? I seem to be fine through Math, and then after about 10 - 15 Verbal my attention wanders and I beging to concern myself with being done already, rather than the sentence/passage that I am reading! However, I have heard that this is fairly common among testtakers.

Any methods that work for the group?
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2326

Kudos [?]: 9472 [0], given: 3703

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Test "Stamina" [#permalink] New post 05 Jul 2003, 17:35
Expert's post
mciatto wrote:
Can anybody suggest methods they use to remain alert/energetic/awake :? throughout the test? I seem to be fine through Math, and then after about 10 - 15 Verbal my attention wanders and I beging to concern myself with being done already, rather than the sentence/passage that I am reading! However, I have heard that this is fairly common among testtakers.

Any methods that work for the group?

I just washed my face :) not much science.

I tried to practice - to be able to stay concentrated - taking long tests, but it was hard.

--
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

suggestion [#permalink] New post 07 Jul 2003, 11:53
Eat a healthy snack between sections - an apple, a Powerbar, a protein bar, some nuts or cottage cheese, something with protein. An apple will give you a quick boost, and if you follow it with some protein you'll sustain the energy.

Washing your face with cool water is a good idea, too. I've had to do that on long road trips, and it perked me right up.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

counterintutive [#permalink] New post 29 Jul 2003, 02:42
take clon tests, 2 at a go .. for 2-3 weeks.. try building up stamina reading uninteresting things ..taper down closer to d day ..

dont peak too early.

the awa does not count to owrds your score - so dont sweat too much on it - if quant is your strong area.. then slow it down [ practice many probability and combination questions]

then the big brother - Verbal part comes - go after it - attack the verbal part and bing there you are !!
counterintutive   [#permalink] 29 Jul 2003, 02:42