Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 00:15

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Thinking different from others

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Thinking different from others [#permalink] New post 21 Oct 2004, 11:07
Am I being paranoid as the deadline for MIT nears?

I have described a situation where a friend of mine at work and I had an argument over a project that I was trying to implement. I failed and in the essay analyze thoroughly why it happened and what I learned.

Does it show that my leadership skills are limited?

Last edited by mmouse3003 on 21 Oct 2004, 13:32, edited 1 time in total.
CEO
CEO
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 427 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 21 Oct 2004, 13:10
Hi,

This does not necessarily show that your leadership skills are limited, it really depends on the quality of your analysis and how you present the lessons you learned. Even great leaders have times when they could have led better.

Hjort
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 38

Kudos [?]: 317 [0], given: 64

GMAT Tests User
Re: Thinking different from others [#permalink] New post 21 Oct 2004, 15:56
Expert's post
mmouse3003 wrote:
Am I being paranoid as the deadline for MIT nears?

I have described a situation where a friend of mine at work and I had an argument over a project that I was trying to implement. I failed and in the essay analyze thoroughly why it happened and what I learned.

Does it show that my leadership skills are limited?

This topic as described doesn't say anything positive or negative about your leadership skills. However, if it's supposed to answer the question, "Please give an example when your thinking was different from others’ (up to 500 words)," I'm not sure it's doing the job. Obviously, I haven't read the essay, so it's hard to say.

I don' t mean to increase your paranoia, but ... "others" in the question is plural. I'm not sure an argument with a friend really answers the question.

Good luck!

Linda Abraham
Accepted
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 21 Oct 2004, 16:08
My friend is a head of a team, so it was really an argument between me and his group, where my thinking was different from that of him and his group. The project that I was trying to push didn't get any support and I'm describing what I would have done differently now that I have more experience.

My question was whether I picked the right example, as there are far more projects where I succeeded. I thought this one was interesting to analyze and would show the fact that I can be friends with someone and disagree with them.

It's paranoia. The app is submitted, so there is no going back now. I can relax for a while ;)
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 38

Kudos [?]: 317 [0], given: 64

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 22 Oct 2004, 11:33
Expert's post
mmouse3003 wrote:
My friend is a head of a team, so it was really an argument between me and his group, where my thinking was different from that of him and his group. The project that I was trying to push didn't get any support and I'm describing what I would have done differently now that I have more experience.

My question was whether I picked the right example, as there are far more projects where I succeeded. I thought this one was interesting to analyze and would show the fact that I can be friends with someone and disagree with them.

It's paranoia. The app is submitted, so there is no going back now. I can relax for a while ;)

Relax. Have a good weekend. Your response addressed my concern.

Linda Abraham
Accepted
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog