Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Sep 2014, 22:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Thoughts? Profile attached.

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Thoughts? Profile attached. [#permalink] New post 19 Jun 2005, 08:55
I posted a while back about what GMAT score I should shoot for to apply fulltime to HBS, Sloan, Wharton, Kellogg and Columbia. Since then, I did take the GMAT and scored a 670 (45 Math and 37 Verbal), 5.5 AWA. This was a bit of a blah score! Trying to see if I need to take this test again.

I also went back and did some more research on the various E-MBA pograms and after some soul searching, I feel that I have been converted to the E-MBA camp. It feels that the peer interactions will be a lot more beneficial since older students have a lot more varied backgrounds and lots of experience. I also feel that I am at a stage in my life where working and studying seem more conducive to my lifestyle than just going in fulltime. So, with that in mind, I wanted to repost (a slightly updated) profile and see what you think my chances are for an 06 admission. My choices are Wharton, Kellogg, Columbia (with LBS - dual degree) and Chicago - in that order. Wharton and Kellogg focus on finance and marketing - 2 areas that I could use some help with. Here is my profile reposted with slight edits and thanks in advance for your help. Please let my know if my application would be competitive for these E-MBA programs. Additionally, do you think a retake of the GMAT is necessary?

Here are the stats:
U.S Citizen - Indian Origin - Male - 30 (will be 31 when applying)
GMAT - 670 (45Q and 37V, 5.5 AWA)
Undergrad - Computer Engineering. GPA 3.4/4.0 - medium school (not top 10 )
Graduate coursework (6 classes - B average) at a top 5 school
Graduated high school when I was 16 ( I posted 15 by mistake last time).
11 years of work experience. Will likely be 12 years when I apply.
Published at several conferences and journals (4 conference publications, 2 journal publications)

Work Experience
SUN - 3 years - Filed 6 single inventor patent applications - 4 single inventor patents were granted - Microprocessor Design, O/S design.

I have been a serial entrepreneur for the last 9 years.

Founded company 1: Roll-up company in the technology space (currently serve as the Founder and CTO) - raised about $50m capital (equity/debt) -offices in East Coast , New Mexico, India, Canada - total of about 200 FTEs in the company. $20m in revs (30% EBIT) - very profitable

Founded company 2: Technology consulting with Offshore component. Built the company to $200K in revenues (50% EBIT) within 11 months. Sold the company to another firm for over 2.5 times revenue.

Founded Company 3: Very similar to company 2 but with much larger clients. This company is about 13 months old). Currently at about a $750K run rate (50% EBIT) - technology consulting. I have a strong GM managing this company for me. My role in this business is Chief Strategy Officer.

Founded Company 4: This company is still in its early stages (Product build stage). It is about 4 months old focused on Predictive modeling and application of public health statistical models to pervasive business problems.

I was a series A investor (personal investor) in a company back in 1997 that was sold to Cisco for $90 million. I also have personal investments in one other company that is in the software space (no exit on that company yet)

Sit on the advisory board of 2 venture funded companies (one in the mobile wireless space and one in the Enterprise Database space)

Lots of venture consulting gigs in the last many years (Due dilgencing deals for VCs, technology advisory panels).

Actively involved in two very very strong entrepreneurial non-profit groups - I was the youngest elected member of one of these groups (by invitation only)

Founder of a community service organization that currently has over 100 volunteers mentoring kids in high school - I ran the fundraising committee for several years.

Thanks
-- Gaude
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Followers: 22

Kudos [?]: 163 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 19 Jun 2005, 09:28
You should post this whole message in the accepted.com forum. Good luck.

Best Regards,

Paul

[#permalink] 19 Jun 2005, 09:28