Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Aug 2014, 03:28

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Top 10 or top 30

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 27 Oct 2005
Posts: 182
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Top 10 or top 30 [#permalink] New post 29 Oct 2005, 05:10
Hi,

I would like to study in the U.S. In the past, I graduated from good school in Vietnam. I have 3 years working for P&G, TOEFL 620,GMAT 680. Do i have any chance to entry MBA top school in the U.S. Can i find international scholarship, fellowship or any grant? Please hep me for this.
Thank you.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
User avatar
Joined: 20 Apr 2003
Posts: 4807
Location: Los Angeles CA
Followers: 41

Kudos [?]: 333 [0], given: 64

GMAT Tests User
Re: Top 10 or top 30 [#permalink] New post 31 Oct 2005, 14:58
Expert's post
GMATcram wrote:
Hi,

I would like to study in the U.S. In the past, I graduated from good school in Vietnam. I have 3 years working for P&G, TOEFL 620,GMAT 680. Do i have any chance to entry MBA top school in the U.S. Can i find international scholarship, fellowship or any grant? Please hep me for this.
Thank you.


Yes, you have a strong chance in the top 30, maybe top 10.

Check out http://www.internationalstudentloans.com for information on financial aid. Also, many school provide financial aid.

Good luck!
_________________

Linda Abraham
Accepted
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 27 Oct 2005
Posts: 182
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Top 10 or top 30 [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2005, 07:13
Thank you for your kind answer.

Another question if you don't mind. If i take another year to study GMAT and TOEFL to push GMAT appox. 700 and TOEFL 640. ANy chance that i can go to Yale or CM in 2007.
I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks.

GMATcram




I would like to study in the U.S. In the past, I graduated from good school in Vietnam. I have 3 years working for P&G, TOEFL 620,GMAT 680. Do i have any chance to entry MBA top school in the U.S. Can i find international scholarship, fellowship or any grant? Please hep me for this.
Thank you.[/quote][quote][/quote]
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 27 Oct 2005
Posts: 182
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Top 10 or top 30 [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2005, 07:23
I forgot to mention i that my grade 7.79 / 10 (approx. top 10 in the university and i didn't fail any subject or below 6). How can the university understand my score.

BA major is marketing.
My experience is brand assistant.
again, should i have any chance to Yale/ CM if GMAT 700.

Thank you.
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
User avatar
Joined: 20 Apr 2003
Posts: 4807
Location: Los Angeles CA
Followers: 41

Kudos [?]: 333 [0], given: 64

GMAT Tests User
Re: Top 10 or top 30 [#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2005, 17:16
Expert's post
GMATcram wrote:
Thank you for your kind answer.

Another question if you don't mind. If i take another year to study GMAT and TOEFL to push GMAT appox. 700 and TOEFL 640. ANy chance that i can go to Yale or CM in 2007.
I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks.

GMATcram




I would like to study in the U.S. In the past, I graduated from good school in Vietnam. I have 3 years working for P&G, TOEFL 620,GMAT 680. Do i have any chance to entry MBA top school in the U.S. Can i find international scholarship, fellowship or any grant? Please hep me for this.
Thank you.
Quote:
[/quote]

Yes. You would have a better chance at Yale if you raise your GMAT, but you do have a chance at Yale with your current GMAT too.

Good luck!
_________________

Linda Abraham
Accepted
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 27 Oct 2005
Posts: 182
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Top 10 or top 30 [#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2005, 07:31
Sorry for bothering you again.

I choose my career as a marketing manager. And i want to pursuit my dream.

So, Which business school should i join? Yale , Carnege Mellon , or some school at top 30. Would you recommend me some school. If necessary, i would retake GMAT and apply to top schools.

However, i am not an intelligent man. I think i am a hard worker. I can study all day long. But i am afraid that if i go to best school, i cannot complete with many smart guys there. Do i need to be excellent to join top school? I was never out of top ten in my class.
I am not excellent at math, but good at verbal.

Please help me.

Thank you for your kindness.
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
User avatar
Joined: 20 Apr 2003
Posts: 4807
Location: Los Angeles CA
Followers: 41

Kudos [?]: 333 [0], given: 64

GMAT Tests User
Re: Top 10 or top 30 [#permalink] New post 20 Nov 2005, 08:07
Expert's post
GMATcram wrote:
Sorry for bothering you again.

I choose my career as a marketing manager. And i want to pursuit my dream.

So, Which business school should i join? Yale , Carnege Mellon , or some school at top 30. Would you recommend me some school. If necessary, i would retake GMAT and apply to top schools.

However, i am not an intelligent man. I think i am a hard worker. I can study all day long. But i am afraid that if i go to best school, i cannot complete with many smart guys there. Do i need to be excellent to join top school? I was never out of top ten in my class.
I am not excellent at math, but good at verbal.

Please help me.

Thank you for your kindness.


Consider Michigan, Duke, Emory, and Haas. You don't need to retake the GMAT to apply to these schools.

Your stats say that you can compete at these schools, but you like everyone else is going to have to work hard.

Good luck!
_________________

Linda Abraham
Accepted
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog

    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
Experts publish their posts in the topic Top 30 ($$$$) v/s Top 10 SmoothCriminal 5 17 Mar 2014, 22:32
Experts publish their posts in the topic Profile Evaluation - Top 30 tanickle 2 16 Aug 2011, 20:33
Difference between Top 10 and top 30 WE ace0260 2 05 Jun 2011, 19:59
Top 20 admit. Top 10 ?? LSEguy 12 03 Mar 2011, 02:54
Top 10 vs Top 30 w/critical foreign language skill GMATT73 1 13 Feb 2007, 08:23
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Top 10 or top 30

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.