Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Sep 2014, 10:07

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Top 100 Masters in Accounting Program

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V38
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Top 100 Masters in Accounting Program [#permalink] New post 12 Aug 2012, 11:02
Does this forum provide any type of resource which lists the Top 100 (or even the Top 50) Masters in Accounting programs in the US?

I mean the best I could find thru google was the Top 30 but I'm looking for a more extensive list because I want to pick a couple of safety schools. I decided to work this year and save up some money before I start. And I want to apply to a wide variety of programs to maximize my chances.

So all I'm asking for is just a simple ranking list. That's it.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Accounting, Finance
GMAT Date: 09-08-2012
GPA: 3

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 2

Reviews Badge
Re: Top 100 Masters in Accounting Program [#permalink] New post 12 Aug 2012, 22:31
There is not really a ranking system, you can look at the 2010 par rankings there pretty good, if you post your stats we could help you choose a school. But accounting is pretty standard just find a school that teaches it well and recruits where you want to work after. That's the main thing to look for.

Thanks = +1 Kudos

Study from reliable sources!!

Thursdays with Ron: http://www.manhattangmat.com/thursdays-with-ron.cfm

Gmat Prep Questions:
CR gmatprepsc-105446.html
SC gmatprepsc-105446.html

Intern
Intern

Re: Top 100 Masters in Accounting Program [#permalink] New post 13 Aug 2012, 06:03
Is 2010 really going to be that accurate though after 2 years?

As for my stats:

GPA: 3.0
GMAT: 690
Career: Have held part time jobs in the past. Currently working Full Time in a hospital.

Currently applying to various accounting internships.

And I have Vanderbilt down as 1 of my safety schools. So I need 3-4 others. And they can been anywhere along the East Coast or in California or Illinois.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Accounting, Finance
GMAT Date: 09-08-2012
GPA: 3

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 2

Reviews Badge
Re: Top 100 Masters in Accounting Program [#permalink] New post 13 Aug 2012, 08:44
The accounting rankings do not change drastically schools such as Texas, UNC, UIUC and Brigham Young are still at the top. I would suggest looking at schools application stats and applying anywhere you like. Your Gmat is good and should help you get into most schools. About Vanderbilt I am not sure if it would be a safety as there average Gmat is 700 and GPA is 3.45. I have actually been in contact with them recently and they are very helpful, if you send the admissions an email they may look at your stats and help see how you fit. They only admit like 26 people per class but it is a good school so look into it.

Thanks = +1 Kudos

Study from reliable sources!!

Thursdays with Ron: http://www.manhattangmat.com/thursdays-with-ron.cfm

Gmat Prep Questions:
CR gmatprepsc-105446.html
SC gmatprepsc-105446.html

Intern
Intern

Re: Top 100 Masters in Accounting Program [#permalink] New post 27 Aug 2012, 10:09
Has anyone heard of Fordham University? What is their reputation and how big is their program (like how many typical students enroll). I tried looking at their website but I can't even find a simple email link to contact them with these questions which is making think they are not that great.

Then I found out that Butler has a really small incoming class. This search is starting to get depressing.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 4

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: Top 100 Masters in Accounting Program [#permalink] New post 05 Oct 2012, 09:14
thank for share
Re: Top 100 Masters in Accounting Program   [#permalink] 05 Oct 2012, 09:14