Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Jul 2014, 20:32

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Top Canadian Schools?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Top Canadian Schools? [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2007, 21:22
Hi, I am 30, and doing alright in my job in CPG marketing, but I would now like to move into investment banking (M&A, with a CPG focus if possible).

I am in Canada. What is the general ranking of bschools in Canada for people of my profile?

I know that Queens is ranked no.1 by BW, and it is a very good undergrad school in ca for sure, but some of my peers tell me that their MBA is not as highly acknowledged as Toronto or Ivey. Is this true?

Also, would it be possible for someone in my profile to move into an associate position at a bank if I learn all that is necessary from a basic corporate finance perspective? Or am I a few years too late, given that the usual IB hires are in their 20s? Could I buck this norm if I worked hard?

Just trying to get a realistic perspective. Thanks for any thoughts.
Top Canadian Schools?   [#permalink] 12 Nov 2007, 21:22