Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 27 Aug 2014, 11:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Using right tools for test prep

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
GMAT Date: 06-28-2013
GPA: 2.8
WE: Project Management (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Using right tools for test prep [#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2013, 07:35
Folks,

I'm a new user to the forum and this is my first post.

First of all gmatclub is a great forum for me to get started and putting it all together. Thanks to BB.

I started off with the first sample test in GMATPrep and has identified my areas of improvement.

One tiny area i found that might be useful for everyone is the use of mouse when you are working on a laptop. I was using the mouse pad and was difficult to navigate to start with. This had put on additional stress and i did really bad on CR. Overall, i noticed that it could have saved me few minutes(1-2) if i had the mouse.

I believe this might apply to practicing with a similar keyboard/ monitor/ desktop used in the test center.

Thanks.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
GMAT Pill Instructor
Followers: 287

Kudos [?]: 641 [0], given: 6

Re: Using right tools for test prep [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2013, 12:48
Expert's post
dynkris wrote:
Folks,

I'm a new user to the forum and this is my first post.

First of all gmatclub is a great forum for me to get started and putting it all together. Thanks to BB.

I started off with the first sample test in GMATPrep and has identified my areas of improvement.

One tiny area i found that might be useful for everyone is the use of mouse when you are working on a laptop. I was using the mouse pad and was difficult to navigate to start with. This had put on additional stress and i did really bad on CR. Overall, i noticed that it could have saved me few minutes(1-2) if i had the mouse.

I believe this might apply to practicing with a similar keyboard/ monitor/ desktop used in the test center.

Thanks.

Quick note: "I started off....and [HAVE] identified..." - use HAVE when referring to "I" instead of "HAS"

And yes - the actual logistics of taking the test with a mouse in front of a desktop computer should be replicated during your Diagnostic test. Sure you can do a diagnostic on your laptop or even your iPad for the sake of convenience - but that's not going to help you in terms of mimicking the actual exam conditions.

Remember - it's not just about the questions on the screen - the amount of time it takes for you to click an answer choice and then click "Confirm" can also eat away at the timer.

So that's a good point to keep in mind. If your exam will not be on a laptop, then you shouldn't prepare on a laptop - unless you have no choice.

... and more

Image What's Inside GMAT Pill?

Zeke Lee, GMAT Pill Study Method (Study Less. Score More.)

GMAT Pill Reviews | GMAT PILL Free Practice Test

Re: Using right tools for test prep   [#permalink] 14 Mar 2013, 12:48