Which of the following best completes the passage below?
Two popular local restaurants, The Cancan Club and Chez Shay, use two different systems of valet parking. At the Cancan Club, valet parking is both optional and complimentary, and there is some parking around the restaurant. At Chez Shay, however, customers must pay $10 per car for valet parking; though this service is optional, there is no parking within 3 blocks of the restaurant. Because the Chez Shay valet lot is the busier of the two, one can reasonably conclude that Chez Shay customers.
(C) 2008 GMAT Club - v02#24
* Are wealthier than customers at The Cancan Club
* Also use valet parking when they dine at The Cancan Club
* Are not deterred from dining at Chez Shay by the expense of valet parking
* Prefer Chez Shay to The Cancan Club
* Prefer valet parking to self-parking
Situation The more expensive valet lot is busier than the less expensive.
ReasoningWhat conclusion about Chez Shay customers can be reached given information in the passage? According to the passage, both local restaurants are popular, and both offer optional valet parking. Chez Shay customers, however, must pay to have their cars parked by a valet, and will not find convenient parking around the restaurant. However, since the Chez Shay lot is busier than The Cancan Club lot, it can be concluded that the up-front expense of valet parking at Chez Shay does not deter customers from dining there.
1. This may be true, but the passage does not mention the relative wealth of customers.
2. This may be true, but can not be stated conclusively based only on information in the passage.
3. Since the Chez Shay lot is busier than The Cancan Club lot, it can be concluded that customers do not avoid Chez Shay merely to bypass the expense of having their car valet parked.
4. This may be true, but the passage does not mention which restaurant is more popular, nor does it discuss the personal taste of customers.
5. This may be true, but the passage does not directly compare rates of valet and self-parking.
The correct answer is C.
Please kudos if my post helps.