Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Sep 2014, 02:28

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Various CATs

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Various CATs [#permalink] New post 29 Dec 2006, 06:32
Hi all,

I have struggled with the 800score cats (especially math) for each of the five tests. I searched the forums, and I found post that stated that 800score cats should be disregarded because they are too easy. On the other hand, Manhatten scores shouldn't be taken too seriously either because they are too hard.

Now, I'm no slouch in math. But has anyone tried the 800score CATs recently? I notice on their site that they've been updated in 2005, and unforuntely I can't remember what the date was of the previously mentioned post. Some of their questions are laughable.

For instance:
calculate (1.387)(6749) + (4.453)(233) / 2.452
With all answer choice pretty close to the actual answer. It took me one min at least to get to that point, now I have to do this calculation in under a min? (they're not the exact numbers, but they're close)
I'll leave it at that before I go on a rant about my feelings regarding 800score and the people who run it.
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 29 Dec 2006, 09:56
Don't worry about those tests. As others said, they're not reliable.

I only used Cracking the GMAT tests and official tests, and both were very close to the real thing. Have you taken either of those yet?
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 29 Dec 2006, 10:53
Yep, tried the GMATPrep and was comfortable. I have not tried the Crack GMAT tests tho. I'll look into it.

Thanks for the tip my friend!
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 29 Dec 2006, 15:41
Quick clarification...not the Crack GMAT tests, which are the subject of a "blacklist" sticky post on this forum, but the Cracking the GMAT tests, from Princeton Review.

Biiiiiiiiiiiiig difference and you'd be just as nonplussed if you took the wrong ones!!!
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 30 Dec 2006, 10:51
LastChance08 wrote:
nonplussed

LOL! Good word!
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 04 Jan 2007, 18:39
:lol:

My other favorite word is "kumquat"!
Intern
Intern

Do not buy 800score.com tests [#permalink] New post 26 Jul 2007, 05:28
Based on the Score Estimater on this site, I saw that the 800 score tests are supposed to be close to the real tests. So I bought 5 tests from 800 score . com. Till now I had been scoring very well in other tests such as Kaplan (670), Princeton (720), GMATPrep (770). But I found out that I was scoring only 660 around in tests from 800 score . com. The questions in Math are simply too tough given the time constraints. This is my last week. Someone had posted that 800score are a bit easier. I think that person was probably referring to the free ones and not the paid ones. DO NOT BUY 800 SCORE . COM TESTS!!!
Do not buy 800score.com tests   [#permalink] 26 Jul 2007, 05:28