Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 19:18 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 19:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
ngulati wrote:
Ya thats probably right . But am at a loss to understand why ETS has programmed it that way. One can spend all of 75 mins in the first 30 and end up gettinmg above 40 ... Its a little strange and I belive there should be some justification for it . May be there is one which we dont know. Brad just one thing man. How would u compare the real thing with the OG. I have been preparing since the last 2 months almost and nearing my exam day. IU generally pick up 41 questions from the OG or GMAT plus and do the questions in a timed environbment. ANd thats been the precedent since the last 1 month each day. I normally end up with 32-34 right on an average. I am gunning for a verbal score of above 40 minimum... So seeing the way test works I am still not convinced that getting 32 right or 34 right makes any difference till I get the first few right... let me know ur comments...

cheers
neeraj

I think the verbal part on the real thing is very similar to the one you see on PP3 in terms of difficulty, I got V35 on my 1st PP3 test, V36 on my real thing. So I guess you can expect the a similar score on the real thing as the one you had on PP3.

I think it's important to get the first few ones right, however, try not to be forced into the position that I was in. Try to pick up the pace and finish the whole section. But your priority should still be getting the question right rather than rush thru the thing. Good luck!!!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
PP3 [#permalink]
what is PP 3
from where do i get it
also please let me know from where can i get official material for LSAT
THANKS
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: PP3 [#permalink]
testtaker wrote:
what is PP 3
from where do i get it
also please let me know from where can i get official material for LSAT
THANKS

register for GMAT on https://www.mba.com then u'll get to download it
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Going by the data supplied by Neeraj, my guess is that getting a number of questions wrong at a stretch does a lot of harm.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Not to forget folks,some questions are experimental and DONOT count towards the actual score.I wrote PP1 yesterday - there were 9 experimental questions in quant and 11 in verbal.(Ibeliieve the nos. will remain the same on std. GMAT as well).
So how many one has got wrong and at what point -is what determines your scaled score,I guess.I had 2 mistakes on the scored Qs in Quant on Qs 20 and 28 I guess and got a scaled score of 50.On the verbal I had 10 mistakes staring from th 5th(ya that early!!) upto the last where I got all the last 4 wrong(pathetic!!!).Finally got a scaled score of 38...
Could others with similar experminets with PP post their observations.

cheers
Abhi
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi Abhi
Just wanted to know whats this PP1 2 and 3 all about... Are these the opaper tests issued by ETS? Any link from where we can download them man. And ya one thing more about one of the posts... if u happen to get questions wrong at the end in a series they count for little .. but even that would depeend whether they are experimental or not..

cheers
neeraj
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
I don't know about PP 3 ,but by PP1 and 2 ,I mean Powerprep tests 1 and 2 that ETS mails you when you register for GMAT...otherwise you may download it from mba.com
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Brad isnt this the same as the CD which one gets while registering for GMAT and has 2 practice tests. I would think so
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
ngulati wrote:
Brad isnt this the same as the CD which one gets while registering for GMAT and has 2 practice tests. I would think so

yup, isn't it called PP3?
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37312 posts