Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 17:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Verbal Prep???? Please advice guysss

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Verbal Prep???? Please advice guysss [#permalink] New post 01 Oct 2006, 09:16
Hi Folks,
I am planning to retae my GMAT in another 3 months time. My previous score was
660- Q47, V34.

I am planning to take all the challenges from GMAT club which I believe will boost my Q to 50.

Can you all please advice me on the best prep material for the Verbal part. I was scoring in the 37-40 range in my practice tests but ended up scoring 34 in the real. Please advice any verbal specific prep startegy/ books.

Thanks in advance.

Vijay
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 03 Oct 2006, 06:28
Don't waste your money, the Veritas program is not good. If you want some extra help I would suggest investing in a tutor. The best way to utilize a verbal tutor is to do a bunch of SC problems and then go to them with the problems that you either did not know or guessed on. They can fill in the blanks with technique and examples that might help throw some light on SC. Also, review idioms. Know things like when you compare 2 things you should used the word "between," not the word "among."

Hope this helps
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 03 Oct 2006, 12:19
nothanks wrote:
Don't waste your money, the Veritas program is not good. If you want some extra help I would suggest investing in a tutor. The best way to utilize a verbal tutor is to do a bunch of SC problems and then go to them with the problems that you either did not know or guessed on. They can fill in the blanks with technique and examples that might help throw some light on SC. Also, review idioms. Know things like when you compare 2 things you should used the word "between," not the word "among."

Hope this helps

I did not want to use Vertitas...I was asking for opinions on a good Verbal prep resource....neways thanks for your comments. guys any experience with any of the verbal "boosting" resources..:-) :lol:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 03 Oct 2006, 13:22
I read you post while thinking about something else GMAT related, my mistake. There are two things that have helped me with verbal: tons of practice questions and tons of real life practice. You have no idea how many errors I pick up from listening to other people. Give it a try! Oh and TV and radio are GREAT for this! I picked up a nice modifier error on a Geico ad the other day.
SVP
SVP

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 04 Oct 2006, 09:28
Vijay,

First of all there is no substitute to practice & practice with good material.

The best material is OG10/OG11, official verbal guide & to great extent 1000s document for practice. Take questions in set of 10 to 50 & practice with time.

Cheers...
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 05 Oct 2006, 04:55
vivek123 wrote:
Vijay,

First of all there is no substitute to practice & practice with good material.

The best material is OG10/OG11, official verbal guide & to great extent 1000s document for practice. Take questions in set of 10 to 50 & practice with time.

Cheers...

Thanks Vivek...thats wat I am exactly looking for.. "Practice with Good Material"...
  [#permalink] 05 Oct 2006, 04:55