Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Sep 2014, 22:32

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Waitlist Question

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Sep 2006
Posts: 41
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Waitlist Question [#permalink] New post 31 May 2007, 11:30
Why would a school still have a waitlist this late in the game?

At this point is there still any chance to get accepted off the waitlist?

I talked to one of the admin directors and they said they would like to have the list resolved by mid june!!
VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 24 Sep 2006
Posts: 1360
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 183 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 31 May 2007, 11:36
My theory: R3 deposit deadline is around end of May, so after that passes, they'll send a reminder, give the R3 admits a week or so to clarify any misunderstandings (such as "I sent the cheque but I didn´t make it") and after that they'll oficially notify R3 admits that they're no longer welcome and take a few people off the WL.

L.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Sep 2006
Posts: 41
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 31 May 2007, 11:56
lepium wrote:
My theory: R3 deposit deadline is around end of May, so after that passes, they'll send a reminder, give the R3 admits a week or so to clarify any misunderstandings (such as "I sent the cheque but I didn´t make it") and after that they'll oficially notify R3 admits that they're no longer welcome and take a few people off the WL.

L.


Thats all good and all but the school I am waiting for was rolling admissions and April 1 was the last day of applications.

I just dont get what they are waiting on either way.

I have already payed my deposit at another school, but this is my first choice.
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 28 Jun 2006
Posts: 958
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 71 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 31 May 2007, 12:16
I'm guessing spots continue to open up all summer for a number of reasons. I imagine there are a handful of people who are currently planning on attending (have paid deposit etc...) but will drop out at the last second because:

1. Some major life change - medical issue, family issue
2. Some other opportunity comes along - big promotion, attractive job offer, entrepreneurial opportunity
3. Change of mind -decide business school isn't the right choice for them
4. Request a deferral for some reason
SVP
SVP
User avatar
Joined: 31 Jul 2006
Posts: 2308
Schools: Darden
Followers: 41

Kudos [?]: 423 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 31 May 2007, 22:29
At law school, I actually knew a guy who started up at another school and attended for a week before Michigan admitted him - at which point he joined us. I'm not sure how he handled the situation about tuition at the two schools, and I'm sure some people were pretty steamed, but I guess until they close the wait list there is always hope.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
User avatar
Joined: 10 Apr 2007
Posts: 4320
Location: Back in Chicago, IL
Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
Followers: 78

Kudos [?]: 694 [0], given: 5

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 01 Jun 2007, 02:52
I have read stories about people getting accepted in mid August off waitlists. That would really suck unless you didn't get admitted anywhere, aren't an international student, and could get everything together in a short time to move.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 20 Nov 2005
Posts: 188
Location: USA
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 01 Jun 2007, 07:23
riverripper wrote:
I have read stories about people getting accepted in mid August off waitlists. That would really suck unless you didn't get admitted anywhere, aren't an international student, and could get everything together in a short time to move.


can we get a loan if get admitted in mid july or after

regards
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 20 Nov 2005
Posts: 188
Location: USA
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 01 Jun 2007, 07:25
pelihu wrote:
At law school, I actually knew a guy who started up at another school and attended for a week before Michigan admitted him - at which point he joined us. I'm not sure how he handled the situation about tuition at the two schools, and I'm sure some people were pretty steamed, but I guess until they close the wait list there is always hope.


what happened to your columbia WL.....i am still on its WL...what a crap....are you going to deny darden if get admitted to Columbia....
  [#permalink] 01 Jun 2007, 07:25
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
Experts publish their posts in the topic Waitlist Question victoryk 1 25 May 2012, 16:49
Waitlist Question xeon216 1 16 May 2011, 09:51
waitlist question sssdddhhh 1 16 Dec 2010, 15:12
Waitlist questions Bdevil25 2 29 Jan 2008, 06:08
Experts publish their posts in the topic More waitlist questions greenandwise 1 27 Mar 2006, 13:35
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Waitlist Question

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.