Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Aug 2014, 20:39

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

3 months schedule ... please help

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
WE 1: IT Services and Product Development
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

3 months schedule ... please help [#permalink] New post 13 Sep 2009, 12:34
hey guys , i have got 3 months to prepare for the test . 15th December is D-day for me . I haven't yet taken a diagnostic test , but have rather started reading Manhattan SC and PowerScore CR . Should I take the diagnostic first , or rather study the material first and then take prep tests ? Does the diagnostic test really help you to know your weaknesses ?

Plus in the quants department inequalities and modulus problems are giving me a tough time :cry: .. please suggest some good books to brush up on these concepts .

Plus 1 more weird doubt , is it true that the level of problems in OG is not upto the mark of the real thing , ie when you reach a level of 700 + , cos im getting some problems wrong on the DS and problem solving section of OG :( .

procrastination is the biggest sin of all

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
GMAT Forum Moderator
Concentration: Healthcare, Economics
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: Q V
GPA: 3.54
WE: Accounting (Manufacturing)
Followers: 54

Kudos [?]: 389 [0], given: 234

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: 3 months schedule ... please help [#permalink] New post 13 Sep 2009, 13:18
ronniebassist wrote:
hey guys , i have got 3 months to prepare for the test . 15th December is D-day for me . I haven't yet taken a diagnostic test , but have rather started reading Manhattan SC and PowerScore CR . Should I take the diagnostic first , or rather study the material first and then take prep tests ? Does the diagnostic test really help you to know your weaknesses ?

Plus in the quants department inequalities and modulus problems are giving me a tough time :cry: .. please suggest some good books to brush up on these concepts .

Plus 1 more weird doubt , is it true that the level of problems in OG is not upto the mark of the real thing , ie when you reach a level of 700 + , cos im getting some problems wrong on the DS and problem solving section of OG :( .

Hello ronniebassist,

The diagnostic test is pretty important. It will give you the baseline and help you develop your action plan for studying. If you already know what will drag your score down (SC) then studying that right off the bat is fine. That being said, a diagnostic is still key to figure out what to study and how much time you need to invest into prep.

Please check the book review thread for thread (link below) and the various debrief threads to see what others have done.
top-gmat-prep-books-guides-reviews-comments-77703.html

As for the OG question: The OG seems to be in ascending difficulty order. The early problems are easier and lower ranked, while the later problems are more difficult and higher ranked.

I hope this helps.

Strategy Discussion Thread | Strategy Master | GMAT Debrief| Please discuss strategies in discussion thread. Master thread will be updated accordingly. | GC Member Write Ups

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2235

Kudos [?]: 8408 [0], given: 3646

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: 3 months schedule ... please help [#permalink] New post 13 Sep 2009, 14:40
Expert's post
Welcome to GMAT Club Ronniebassist!

Here is another resource for you: gmat-study-plan-for-gmat-novices-start-your-gmat-journey-80727.html

You have a good opportunity to build a good study plan and set out right.
Don't rush into the OG yet - get a few good math books unless you are good in math, of course, but if you are missing some DS's, then get a cheapo Kaplan Math Workbook and possibly MGMAT Number Properties and have at it.

Take the diagnostic to establish the baseline and find out your weaknesses. Also, take it one step at a time - don't rush. Put together a calendar with goals and stick to them. Makes sense?

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
WE 1: IT Services and Product Development
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Re: 3 months schedule ... please help [#permalink] New post 14 Sep 2009, 00:27
thanks a ton guys , it feels like i'm in good company :) . Will take a diagnostic ASAP , and get a math workbook , to patch up on the loopholes in maths concepts .

procrastination is the biggest sin of all

Re: 3 months schedule ... please help   [#permalink] 14 Sep 2009, 00:27