Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 18:31

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

A strange story

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 5

GMAT ToolKit User
A strange story [#permalink] New post 24 Jul 2011, 11:14
Hi friends,

I am a final year B. Tech student of NIT Karnataka Surathkal. I am planning to apply for following programs

ISB -YLP
Harvard 2+2
yale class of 2014-16
Carnegia Mellon
LBS

As I want to have 2 years of work exp before joining B-School these programs will help me on the same.

My video resume is available at ‪Video Resume of Rohit Manglik for ISB YLP Program‬‏ - YouTube . I have my own start up and worked for many projects for Govt of India including AIEEE and DASA projects. I have done internship in IIM-A and worked with World Bank in a project. Rohit Manglik | LinkedIn

My GMAT score is 580 (50Q 19V) and my GPA is 7.10/10.

I am sure I can do considerably well in resume, essays and recommendations, but my academic result is not good. Deadlines are near for some of the above programs. Should I apply them or chuck them.

Can you please suggest similar programs in other b-Schools

I appeared for GMAT few days back and I need to work really hard in Verbal to improve my score which will take a lot of time. I cant reappear for these courses as they are exclusively for students applying in final year.

Can you please tell me other similar programs I can apply to?
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, International Business
Schools: Schulich, Rotman '15
GMAT Date: 03-28-2012
GPA: 2.8
WE: Corporate Finance (Other)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 9

Re: A strange story [#permalink] New post 24 Jul 2011, 11:26
In terms of your GPA and GMAT, I would see that HBS is out of the picture, however there is still reason to be optimistic. If you can prove your worth in other aspects of the application via resume and such, then I see no reason why you can't land in a good school. With regards to Canadian schools I'd be aiming at the second tier schools such as McGill, UBC, Calgary. So in comparison to american schools I'd set your sights somewhere in the 25-50 range.

Hope this helps?

“Focus on the journey, not the destination. Joy is found not in finishing an activity but in doing it.” - Greg Anderson

Follow my Journey at: nphelan-s-road-to-117533.html

Kudos? Don't mind if I do!

Re: A strange story   [#permalink] 24 Jul 2011, 11:26