Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Apr 2014, 19:11

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Aiming for 700+

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 4

Aiming for 700+ [#permalink] New post 14 Sep 2012, 23:46
I had decided to give my GMAT about 2 years ago with a goal of getting 700+. After 3 months of real hard work, I gave my GMAT. But I was shocked at my score. 600 (Q39, V33). It was nowhere close to what I was aiming for. I knew I couldn’t apply to good schools with such a score and will have to retake the exam but I just couldn’t put myself into studying again. I decided to put off MBA for a couple of years and started concentrating on my work.

Just about a month back, I came across GMAT club. I started going through the forums here and was totally inspired by the ones where test takers have shared their GMAT experience. It motivated me and I decided to retake the exam now. Hats off to the people who started GMAT club.

I bought the following books after seeing recommendations on the forums here:

MGMAT
1. Sentence correction
2. Number properties
3. Word Translations

Powerscore
1. Critical reasoning bible

Are these books enough to get that score of 700+? Is there anything else that you would recommend for my preparations?

I can study for about 2-3 hours everyday. How long should I prepare before taking up the exam?
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
MBA Section Director
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 510

Kudos [?]: 1610 [0], given: 627

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Aiming for 700+ [#permalink] New post 20 Sep 2012, 01:51
Expert's post
GMAT Pill Instructor
Followers: 257

Kudos [?]: 553 [0], given: 5

Re: Aiming for 700+ [#permalink] New post 24 Sep 2012, 09:19
Expert's post
Using books can help and it depends on your learning style - how effective you are at retaining the concepts and strategies learned in the book. If you did not do any preparation beforehand, then certainly preparation with some study material should help you improve. Keep in mind some people do retake the exam but score lower. Make sure you understand what you're doing differently this time around and apply a new strategy going into your retake.

Is there a specific section you are weak in? If so, develop new strategies here.

Do you need more practice? If so, try some more practice questions.

If you take the IR section before? If not, try some IR questions here.

Good luck.

... and more

Image What's Inside GMAT Pill?

Zeke Lee, GMAT Pill Study Method (Study Less. Score More.)

GMAT Pill Reviews | GMAT PILL Free Practice Test

Re: Aiming for 700+   [#permalink] 24 Sep 2012, 09:19