I was wondering if you could take a look at my profile listed below and provide some feedback on the schools that I have chosen and the strength of my application in general. I realize the effort it takes to go through all profile evaluations and post replies and therefore thank you for your time and effort in advance.EDUCATION
- Schooling done in international school in Saudi Arabia - graduated top of the class.
- Undergrad in Electrical and Electronics Engineering in a regular(meaning not elite) university in India - 73% score( not GPA)GMAT
: 680 (44 Q, 37 V)
- In the process of re-taking the GMAT again in a few weeks.WORK EXPERIENCE
- Worked with Dad to start up an import/wholesale garment business from the age of 12 till 18.
- Worked as a sales engineer for 8 months after undergrad.
- Worked as a Systems Engineer for a reputable IT firm for 2 years in India.
- Worked as a Systems Engineer as a contractor for a fortune 500 Banking and Financial Services company in the US for a period of 3 years.
Short term work after MBA: International Business in Banking and Financial services sector or Consulting field.
Long term work after MBA: Start up a consulting/technology company.EXTRACURRICULARS
- Lead Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives in my company like fund raising for feeding the homeless, gifts for orphaned children etc.
- Started Diversity club to propagate cultural learning amongst the indian and american workers
- Started Communication club to educate and train workers in effective communication.
- Co-founded the basketball club at workplace to teach and bring together different people from different backgrounds.OTHER PARTICULARS
- Recently started a consulting and software firm to build and provide inventory control software to one client in the middle east and adaptive learning software to one client in india.
- Speaks 3 Major languages( English, Arabic, Hindi) and 3 regional indian languages. Also understand Spanish and speaks little at basic level.WHY MBA?
I am technologically strong having a background in electronics and software. But I would like to move into the management domain and have been in a quasi managerial role at work since the last 6 months. I believe an MBA from the right school will give me opportunities to get into international business and later on, into an entrepreneurial role.TARGET SCHOOLS
London Business School
WhartonSCHOOLS IN CONSIDERATION:
- No safety schools!!
Here are my weak points:
- Low GPA - can be explained.
- Poor GMAT score - targetting a 750+ ( thinks he will succeed
- Lack of work exp. in leading/top American companies
- Not enough social impact
- Plenty of International exposure
- Strong learning depicted at work though certifications and other industry standard qualifications
- Strong career progression
- Strong leadership potential and teamwork- attested to by good recommenders
So thats me in short. I hope you can give me a critical review and highlight the schools that will be a good fit. Although I am targeting for international business in financial sector or consulting post MBA, I now am also inclined towards a start up of my own immediately after MBA based on my recent entrepreneurial forages.
Thanks a lot.