Last visit was: 13 May 2024, 06:14 It is currently 13 May 2024, 06:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship, International Business
Schools:LBS, MIT Sloan
 Q44  V37
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 598 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
 Q44  V37
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 598 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: And yet another profile eval... [#permalink]
A time machine.

Go back in time and do something other than engineering (business, nonprofit, journalism, arts/entertainment/sports, etc).

At this point, you really need to focus on a range of schools that you can realistically get into, because there's not a whole lot you can do in a few months or even a year to fundamentally change who you are. Anything you try to do now is simply window dressing - real change and real achievements take time - they're not something you can simply turn on "on demand" at your beckoning.
Intern
Intern
 Q44  V37
Send PM
What is 'real change' and 'real accomplishment'? Isn't it relative, person to person, school to school? Running a successful start up might seem to some as a real accomplishment whereas living and working in different countries, speaking different languages, adapting to different cultures and being successful at what you do with recognition from peers and executives may come across accomplishment to others. Do you need stints at large well known consulting firms or investment banks to prove accomplishment? Do you need years working for the underprivileged to prove social responsibility. Do you need a top GPA from a well recognized school to prove academic competency. Wouldn't what you've done with all the years that you have worked, what you have learnt, how u have learnt, how you have contributed to learning that may come across as a differentiator? Wouldn't how much of an impact you've had on society and businesses, impact on groups through personal passion and commitment exemplified through valid instances and substantial leadership potential expressed through specific examples and attested to by valid recommenders that can be perceived by some as accomplishments deemed 'worthy' of an admission to a top B-school? I believe schools look for diversity, exposure, leadership potential, teamwork, determination, passion, compassion, IQ and a bunch of other things to make the classroom experience the best as possible for all concerned. The only difference I see in my profile when compared to other top B school applicants are undergraduate GPA and work exp. in top-name companies. I think these can be offset by other aspects in my profile(listed and not listed) such as entrepreneurial spirit, diversity, accomplishments at work etc etc... I have listed only a few specifics in my profile based on which you made a recommendation.

Either ways, I appreciate your honesty and your time - although I wish you had provided specific reasons why the schools I chose were not a realistic target. I doubt if going back in time and changing who i am fundamentally is necessary :-) But i think i'll take my chances and give it a shot nonetheless and see what happens.
GMAT Club Bot