Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 00:37 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 00:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72894 [4]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
 Q49  V36
Send PM
Stratus Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
Re: Ask Stratus Admissions Counseling [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi chintanpurohit,

Thanks for reaching out! I am happy to set up a conversation and call, but I prefer to work via email.

I will PM you to continue the conversation.

All the best,
Shawn
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
great journey..
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Female candidate,25 yrs
10th-91%
12th-85%
B Tech in Electrical Engineering from National Institute of Technology , Kurukshetra GPA-4

GMAT-680(M-49 V-34)

W.E- will complete 4 years in July 2016

WORK EXPERIENCE:I was selected as one of the 12 students from different NITs across the country to the Pepsico Graduate Engineering Trainee Program . In the duration of a year of training in the manufacturing side of the business I was the first person responsible for the glass bottling line in one of the facturies . Managing and exceeding the expectations in this role I moved on to another factory in Pepsico itself where I was responsible for the leading the Juice Glass Bottling line. In both of these roles I lead a team of around 20 line operators , and we achieved a Net Efficiency Gain in the lines by approx 5 %.(Duration 1 year)

Post this I moved in the Project management side of techops . Here I was involved in the designing and procurement of the the line and utility machinery for a green field factory . (Duration 1 year)

In my current role I am leading the Productivity and Performance Projects for all the 10 manufacturing plants . Herein , I am the first person person responsible for exceuting , tracking , monitoring & controlling the 15 field projects in various factories . These projects include focused Efficiency improvement of some of the beverage lines , Manpower reduction on some staions on the line etc.

Also , I am the Diversity and Inclusion lead for all the Pepsico Manufacturing facilities .

Part Time Profession : I am an Indian Classical singer and have been trained for 6 years and hold a Sangeet Visharad . Currently I have my own Sufi Band and we do gigs in clubs in and around Delhi .

Reasons to do an MBA-Want to expand my area of expertise and gain holistic knowledge of how organizations work.Want to specialize in Operations . Post-MBA, looking for a Strategic kind of role in the Ops/Supply Chain side of a business

I'm not sure as to which schools would be a good fit for me.I want to work in Asia/Europe ,and hence,looking at these bschools.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi,

I've just given my GMAT and got a score of 670(47Q/35V, IR 7).
A bit more about myself:
I'm an Indian male, age 24 years. I have lived outside India for the major part of my life (in the middle east).
I have a bachelors degree in Electrical and Electronics form NIT Warangal ( Rank 8 college in India ) with a CGPA of 6.3/10, graduated in 2013.After which I worked at Bank of America as a Tech associate in India for 18 months. Here I was the offshore point of contact for an agile project. Worked in the role of Business Analyst in gathering business requirements and developing test cases working extensively with the developers and business partners. Got a silver award for my work in this project.

I then started a company with my friend called Urbserv which is a online/mobile app that allows you to book a handyman around the clock at your convenience. We launched in March and have received around 1000 orders till now.While working on the startup our aim was to create an app for cooks and cleaners on the go and improve their living conditions by the profits we generated from this but to change the idea because of security laws that govern this kind of work and the investors werent interested because of this.

I then moved to Riyadh,Saudi Arabia after working for a few months in the startup and started working as an Assistant Manager in a mid sized Printing and Packaging Firm(generates business of around 5 million SAR monthly ) to improve my leadership skills and to learn all aspects of running a company.Here I supervise the overall working of the company focusing mainly on operations and sales and have about 80 people reporting to me. Over the course of 6 months that i have worked here the company has improved its profit margin from 14-18%. We have used the extra money to improve the living conditions of our labour employees and in educating them. In the past 3 months we have focused on using a part of our profits in helping the under privileged by organizing volunteering activities.

During the process I have learnt that an MBA would have been very helpful.I would like to start a Social enterprise after my MBA, which aims on creating revenue generating businesses marketed with a social theme and the profits generated from these business will be used for building homes and providing food for the underprivileged in the country .In 10 years time I would like this Enterprise to improve the living conditions of the people living below the poverty line by building homes, proving food,education and providing proper healthcare.

To further my career at this point in time I would like to apply for an MBA program. Given my profile it would be very helpful if you could advice me to which colleges I can apply to. With colleges considered, ambitious, moderate and safe.

Thanks
Arjun
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi,

Would really appreciate your thoughts on my odds at Harvard, Wharton, Stanford, MIT, Haas, Ross, and UT Austin McCombs (applying Round 2)

- EDIT: left my job in Oct 2015 - I was told by someone else that in such a situation, it's not worth applying to any schools with a <15% admittance rate - would you agree?

- 29-year-old Indian-American male
- TBD GMAT (taking it in 2 weeks) - assuming I will get > 700
- 3.79 GPA from H/Y/P, double major in Economics and Political Science

- Worked for 6 years in Big 4 (PwC/Deloitte) strategy consulting group, focused mainly on healthcare innovation; 2 of those years were spent in a selective (10% admittance) internal digital health incubator as a product manager for health and wellness solutions
- Promoted to Senior Associate (entry level MBA position, frankly not uncommon at my firm)

Extracurriculars:
- Co-founded and chaired committee to train employees in developing habits that maximize productivity, well-being, and help them work in alignment with their values
- Selected for 2 years in a row to mentor junior consultants
- Outside my firm, lead / facilitate NYC chapter of national organization that brings in experts on behavior change to help people develop sustained habits

Goal: work in a product or strategy role at an innovative organization aimed at making people healthier or happier (health tech company or innovative healthcare provider system). (I'm also very interested in cleantech and sustainability, but have comparatively less experience in that, so won't be part of my story)

Thanks very much!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 946 [0]
Given Kudos: 206
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.65
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
bb wrote:

We welcome Stratus Admissions Counseling on GMAT Club!

About Stratus Admissions Counseling:

Located in New York City since 2006, Stratus Admissions Counseling is a premier MBA Admissions Counseling firm committed to helping clients achieve their dreams of going to business school. Stratus Admissions Counseling has served thousands of clients from over 3 dozen countries.

Our three-pronged approach provides each candidate with a counselor who will be their “coach” throughout the process, a team of admission experts to help support the process and an account manager to provide the highest level of customer service in the industry. This approach has helped students gain admission into all of the top schools worldwide for undergraduate and graduate work including: Harvard, Stanford, Wharton, Columbia Business School, Fuqua School of Business, The Sloan School, as well as dozens of others.
Numerous major publications have sought Stratus Admissions Counseling’s expertise on admission to graduate schools and test prep, including The Wall Street Journal, The Financial Times, Fortune, and Bloomberg BusinessWeek and US News and World Report.

We believe that every student deserves a personalized approach, efficiently developed and strategically tailored to make their application stand out amongst the thousands of other applicants from around the globe. We are committed to helping every client present their best self in order to stand out amongst the crowd.

Use this forum to ask any and all of your MBA admissions questions, and to learn more about us and how we can help you reach your dream MBA program.

What Makes Stratus Admissions Counseling Unique:

• At Stratus Admissions Counseling, you work with two admissions counselors so that you have both a partner in this process and an objective, external evaluator at every step along the way (not just at the very end when it’s too late to address any areas for improvement).
  • By assigning you two counselors, Stratus Admissions Counseling also ensures that your application package will appeal to readers/interviewers with diverse personal and professional backgrounds.
  • Stratus Admissions Counseling have a proven, robust, proprietary admissions strategy methodology that will guarantee that you are most effectively marketing yourself to the schools of your choice (we believe getting into the top schools is about much more than simply drafting well-written essays). This strategy ensures critical alignment between all the facets of your application.
  • None of Stratus Admissions Counseling’s MBA Admissions Counselors have full-time jobs (unfortunately such moonlighting is all too common in this industry). MBA Admissions Counseling is the main source of income for all of our counselors so you are their #1 priority.
  • Our counselors, most of whom are former consultants, bankers, and corporate marketers, are available in person, by phone, and via email to assist you any time.
  • We strictly cap the number of clients/schools each counselor works on so that you can be sure to get the individualized attention and quick turnaround times that you deserve.
  • All of our counselors are graduates themselves from top 5 MBA programs with significant admissions experience.
  • Our team treats every MBA application that we work on as if it were our own; we will not rest until you and we are satisfied that there is nothing else you could possibly do to improve your chances of gaining admission to the schools of your choice.
  • We are the only MBA Admissions Counseling firm to release school-by-school success rates

More Information:

Stratus Admissions Counseling’s MBA Admissions Counseling Methodology
Stratus Admissions Counseling’s MBA Admissions Counselors
Stratus Admissions Counseling’s MBA Admissions Counseling Results
Schedule your free half hour consultation

As a special GMAT Club offer, Stratus Admissions Counseling is offering you a discount:

$500 off Counseling Packages of 3+ Schools

Hi Stratus Prep Team,

Please evaluate my profile and suggest points of improvement and my chances at the below listed schools

Name : Mihir Patel
Nationality : Indian
GMAT : 720 (Q49 V39 IR 6 AWA 5)
UGrad : BE in Instrumentation and Control with 71% (First Class with Distinction)
Work Ex : 6 Years (break up as below)

L&T CHIYODA Pvt. Ltd. (a division of Larsen and Toubro (L&T) Pvt. Ltd)
Sr. Engineer, Jan-2014 – Mar-2015
Executive Engineer, Sep-2010 – Dec-2013
With L&T being India's largest Engineering and Construction Company, L&T-Chiyoda (a JV between L&T and Chiyoda Corp, Japan) is L&T’s main center for engineering.
Report to AGM of the Department and responsible for engineering & design for Oil and Gas Projects.
- Selected as Management Trainee (MT) from the pool of 1000+ Graduate Campus recruits who joined L&T in 2010)
(MT Scheme of L&T is aimed at identifying potential managers / leaders evaluated on the basis of several key parameters such as Leadership qualities, Vision, Interpersonal communication and Creativity through a series of aptitude tests and interviews conducted by Company level VPs).
- Reduced man hour consumption on preparation of deliverables by 20% by developing standardized templates and implementing effective automation using excel VB Macros

DODSAL ENGINEERING AND CONSTRUCTION Pte. Ltd. (Dubai, UAE)
Executive Engineer, Mar-2015 – Present
Dodsal Group is a leading EPC player in the Energy, Industrial and Infrastructure sectors with a strong track record of executed project in 22 countries the Middle East, Europe, Africa, the Indian Subcontinent and South-East Asia.
Report to Project Lead and responsible for engineering & design of Control Systems and interfacing with other department
- Led a team of two colleagues through all phase (conceptual design, procurement, detail design & Factory acceptance test) of a Safety System costing around $ 3Mn (approx. 0.5% of Project Cost).

Education
L D ENGINEERING COLLEGE, Gujarat, India
BE, Instrumentation and Control, 2010. Result: 71.02% First Class with Distinction.
- As a Department Placement Coordinator helped fellow students & juniors in improving their aptitude & communication skills by conducting mock placements & communication workshops.
- Member of Technical Festival Campaigning & Fund raising Team

Extra – Curricular
- Started & managed the first in-house e-magazine for I&C Dept. at L&T Chiyoda with a team of six fellow colleague
- Taught basic math to students of economically underprivileged group as a part of Teach India campaign by The Times of India during 2008-2009

Post MBA goals : Consulting in Energy (both renewable and Non-renewable) and Infra sector
Interested in :
Target Schools :
1. Darden
2. Ross
3. Tepper
4. Tuck
5. Mendoza
6. Yale
Request to indicate chances for each school in terms of achievable, ambitious and safety option.

Thank you so much for reading and evaluating my profile.
Warm Regards
Own Kudos [?]: 217 [0]
Given Kudos: 88
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Send PM
Expert Reply
mihir0710 wrote:
bb wrote:

Hi Mihir0710- thanks for reaching out. My comments will be in blue below....

We welcome Stratus Admissions Counseling on GMAT Club!

About Stratus Admissions Counseling:

Located in New York City since 2006, Stratus Admissions Counseling is a premier MBA Admissions Counseling firm committed to helping clients achieve their dreams of going to business school. Stratus Admissions Counseling has served thousands of clients from over 3 dozen countries.

Our three-pronged approach provides each candidate with a counselor who will be their “coach” throughout the process, a team of admission experts to help support the process and an account manager to provide the highest level of customer service in the industry. This approach has helped students gain admission into all of the top schools worldwide for undergraduate and graduate work including: Harvard, Stanford, Wharton, Columbia Business School, Fuqua School of Business, The Sloan School, as well as dozens of others.
Numerous major publications have sought Stratus Admissions Counseling’s expertise on admission to graduate schools and test prep, including The Wall Street Journal, The Financial Times, Fortune, and Bloomberg BusinessWeek and US News and World Report.

We believe that every student deserves a personalized approach, efficiently developed and strategically tailored to make their application stand out amongst the thousands of other applicants from around the globe. We are committed to helping every client present their best self in order to stand out amongst the crowd.

Use this forum to ask any and all of your MBA admissions questions, and to learn more about us and how we can help you reach your dream MBA program.

What Makes Stratus Admissions Counseling Unique:

• At Stratus Admissions Counseling, you work with two admissions counselors so that you have both a partner in this process and an objective, external evaluator at every step along the way (not just at the very end when it’s too late to address any areas for improvement).
  • By assigning you two counselors, Stratus Admissions Counseling also ensures that your application package will appeal to readers/interviewers with diverse personal and professional backgrounds.
  • Stratus Admissions Counseling have a proven, robust, proprietary admissions strategy methodology that will guarantee that you are most effectively marketing yourself to the schools of your choice (we believe getting into the top schools is about much more than simply drafting well-written essays). This strategy ensures critical alignment between all the facets of your application.
  • None of Stratus Admissions Counseling’s MBA Admissions Counselors have full-time jobs (unfortunately such moonlighting is all too common in this industry). MBA Admissions Counseling is the main source of income for all of our counselors so you are their #1 priority.
  • Our counselors, most of whom are former consultants, bankers, and corporate marketers, are available in person, by phone, and via email to assist you any time.
  • We strictly cap the number of clients/schools each counselor works on so that you can be sure to get the individualized attention and quick turnaround times that you deserve.
  • All of our counselors are graduates themselves from top 5 MBA programs with significant admissions experience.
  • Our team treats every MBA application that we work on as if it were our own; we will not rest until you and we are satisfied that there is nothing else you could possibly do to improve your chances of gaining admission to the schools of your choice.
  • We are the only MBA Admissions Counseling firm to release school-by-school success rates

More Information:

Stratus Admissions Counseling’s MBA Admissions Counseling Methodology
Stratus Admissions Counseling’s MBA Admissions Counselors
Stratus Admissions Counseling’s MBA Admissions Counseling Results
Schedule your free half hour consultation

As a special GMAT Club offer, Stratus Admissions Counseling is offering you a discount:

$500 off Counseling Packages of 3+ Schools

Hi Stratus Prep Team,

Please evaluate my profile and suggest points of improvement and my chances at the below listed schools

Name : Mihir Patel
Nationality : Indian
GMAT : 720 (Q49 V39 IR 6 AWA 5)
UGrad : BE in Instrumentation and Control with 71% (First Class with Distinction)ADCOM likes to see first class with distinction! Good job!
Work Ex : 6 Years (break up as below)

L&T CHIYODA Pvt. Ltd. (a division of Larsen and Toubro (L&T) Pvt. Ltd)
Sr. Engineer, Jan-2014 – Mar-2015
Executive Engineer, Sep-2010 – Dec-2013
With L&T being India's largest Engineering and Construction Company, L&T-Chiyoda (a JV between L&T and Chiyoda Corp, Japan) is L&T’s main center for engineering.
Report to AGM of the Department and responsible for engineering & design for Oil and Gas Projects.
- Selected as Management Trainee (MT) from the pool of 1000+ Graduate Campus recruits who joined L&T in 2010)
(MT Scheme of L&T is aimed at identifying potential managers / leaders evaluated on the basis of several key parameters such as Leadership qualities, Vision, Interpersonal communication and Creativity through a series of aptitude tests and interviews conducted by Company level VPs).
- Reduced man hour consumption on preparation of deliverables by 20% by developing standardized templates and implementing effective automation using excel VB Macros

DODSAL ENGINEERING AND CONSTRUCTION Pte. Ltd. (Dubai, UAE)
Executive Engineer, Mar-2015 – Present
Dodsal Group is a leading EPC player in the Energy, Industrial and Infrastructure sectors with a strong track record of executed project in 22 countries the Middle East, Europe, Africa, the Indian Subcontinent and South-East Asia.
Report to Project Lead and responsible for engineering & design of Control Systems and interfacing with other department
- Led a team of two colleagues through all phase (conceptual design, procurement, detail design & Factory acceptance test) of a Safety System costing around $ 3Mn (approx. 0.5% of Project Cost).

Education
L D ENGINEERING COLLEGE, Gujarat, India
BE, Instrumentation and Control, 2010. Result: 71.02% First Class with Distinction.
- As a Department Placement Coordinator helped fellow students & juniors in improving their aptitude & communication skills by conducting mock placements & communication workshops.
- Member of Technical Festival Campaigning & Fund raising Team

Extra – Curricular
- Started & managed the first in-house e-magazine for I&C Dept. at L&T Chiyoda with a team of six fellow colleague
- Taught basic math to students of economically underprivileged group as a part of Teach India campaign by The Times of India during 2008-2009

Post MBA goals : Consulting in Energy (both renewable and Non-renewable) and Infra sector
Interested in :
Target Schools :With the 720 GMAT- your "targets" are going to be Mendoza and Tepper. Stretches will be Tuck and Ross and Darden and Yale. Remember that whatever the "avg" GMAT score is- for a candidate from India just go ahead and throw 20-30 more points on there to be "avg" for that school as most likely the highest GMAT scores are coming from India and you are being compared to your pool of applicants. That's why while a 720 is a great score overall, to be on the safe side from India it would help more to be a 740 to make sure you make all the screens in a school. What happens is that there will be far fewer applicants with those higher scores and the schools will look to fill their class from that group first- and if they can- and they often can-- the people in the 700-720 range are fighting for just a few seats and it is harder to break through the clutter at that point. Other schools I'd look at for you right now: Emory, McCombs, Cornell as your current GMAT may go farther there.... Best wishes to you and if you would like to learn more how we can help you be one of the people who has the compelling story that breaks through the noise... seek us out for a free consult... https://stratusprep.com/admissions/busi ... onsulting/
1. Darden
2. Ross
3. Tepper
4. Tuck
5. Mendoza
6. Yale
Request to indicate chances for each school in terms of achievable, ambitious and safety option.

Thank you so much for reading and evaluating my profile.
Warm Regards
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: General Management, Other
GMAT 1: 460 Q42 V13
GPA: 3.83
WE:Consulting (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Hi!
Thanks for looking into my post!
I really need great advice.
I took GMAT last week and got 460 (Q:42 and V: 13 and IR:3).
And i have taken TOEFL today.
i got this score after rigorous 2.5 months hard work and risking my job side wise. :(
It is not possible for me to take Gmat again.
I really need admission in 2018 January intake in US.
However, i have strong profile:
CGPA: 8.25 ECE Engg. from reputed college in India
Work Ex: 4.5 in Capital market IT firm
Designation: Consultant and Team lead
Even worked onshore in one of the top 100 investment bank in Europe for 3 months each in last two successive years.
Hobby of painting, writing poems and beauty & fashion blogs.
I am interested in normal MBA program like general management, HR or luxury management.
Please suggest me possible colleges, any other MBA program and procedure?
I really need assistance.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Andysingh wrote:
Hi!
i got this score after rigorous 2.5 months hard work and risking my job side wise. :(
Even worked onshore in one of the top 100 investment bank in Europe for 3 months each in last two successive years.
I am interested in normal MBA program like general management, HR or luxury management.

I responded to this yesterday - so hopefully you can see my comments- reach out to pm if you can't see them!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 2.9
Send PM
I want a small piece of advice pertaining to MBA admissions.

I graduated in Electronics Engineering with 67% marks. Though it was first Division, it is not good and would most probably be categorised as low GPA as per my limited understanding. I joined a MNC IT but was disinclined to work in IT sector. After a year I left the job looking for clarity in career. I devoted next 2 years in preparing for competitive examinations for a Government job while managing to do some volunteer work for Art of Living NGO and contributing in my Uncle's small business in pharmaceutical sales.

After securing a job in Government of India, wherein, 7000 people get selected out of 7-8 lakhs applicants and where I worked for around an year In the Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation as an Assistant Officer in the Program Evaluation and Monitoring Division of Swach Bharat Mission. Subsequently I went on to crack a respectable job with the Parliament of India (only 8 people got selected out of more than 50000 candidates in an all-India examination). Since then, I have been working as an Officer here for more than two and half years now.

My work in Parliament has been quite challenging as well as satisfying. It is a mix of administrative and academic as I organise and manage meetings and study visits of an important Parliamentary Standing Committee. I help the Committee to examine the budget of one of the largest Ministries of Government of India and undertake and examine several important subjects related to that Ministry along with drafting its reports on those Subjects. I have been an excellent performer here with some great appraisal ratings and can get an excellent recommendation from both my immediate boss as well as Divisional Head. I can manage a good recommendation from a reputed Member of Parliament as well.

Apart from this I have been associated with lots of extra curricular activities and NGO work (Art of Living) though mostly during my college and early professional career. I am also Vice President in a Toastamsters Club in Delhi currently and am responsible for mentoring of around 40 Toastmaster Members and defining their growth as a Toastmaster.

My short term goal is to transition to Consultancy Sector after doing an MBA though I'm confused whether my work ex would be helpful in that or not. In the long term I want to expand the realm and scope of the government consultancy sector globally as well as in India.

With an average academic record in my graduation, 720-740 GMAT score (assuming) and some very good recommendations what are the chances of my application getting rejected or accepted by Top 25 US Universities on the basis of my work-ex and/or low GPA. Should I focus on applying in Top 20 US colleges or am I just wasting my time? Please advice.

I understand that no factor is exclusively dominant for an admit, however, I am in a dilemma if my work-ex in Government Sector will be a hindrance for me to get an admit. Please guide me.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Andysingh wrote:
Hi!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.85
Send PM
Hi Stratus Prep Team,
I would really appreciate if you can review my profile.

Stats:
Demographic - Indian, Female
GMAT - 710 (Q50, V35, IR 8)
GPA - 3.40 (Based on a 4.0 scale)
WE - 4 years( 2013 - present )

Education
B.Tech in computer Science from IIT-BHU, Varanasi, India

Work Experience/Achievements at job*
Software Engineer in Arista Networks, India( based in US ). Worked for a month on a project in HQ( Santa Clara, US ).

1) Interviewed for internship and full-time positions in a campus hiring program at 2 reputed institutions.
2) Mentored interns and new hires every year after my 1st year at the company.
3) Won twice ( 1st and 2nd position) in hackathon( a 24-hour event to hack/design/create ideas ) organized every year in company.

Extra-Curricular & Volunteering
1) Playing Badminton. Reached semi-finals in a college badminton tournament.
2) Multiple event management experiences in college and in workplace.
3) Participation in Community Service organized by company semi-annually.

Post MBA Goals:
General Management or Product Manager roles in technology/ecommerce industry.( To utilize learnings from my experience in engineering background ).

What are my chances in Kellog, Columbia and Tuck ? Should I even bother applying to these?
Also, do I have decent chances at INSEAD, Darden, Duke, and Ross ?

What are the other colleges you would suggest based on my profile assuming medium-to-strong essays and application ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
Hello Thank you so much for helping us with this.
I have a 690 in GMAT and 3.75 yrs of work experience in an Oil Company in India.
I have some social work under my belt and am working on a NGO of my own.
I have a 7.87 CGPA from a top university in India.
I have worked with international vendors and have worked in projects that value nearly 100M USD.
Target schools include INSEAD, HEC and IE.
Any suggestions to improve my profile or mold it to the requirements of the above schools?
Thank you.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 59
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 4
Send PM
Hi! Can i please get your valuable insights here?
I scored a 670 gmat! I am looking at Mim one year programs.

Do i stand a chance at LBS, LSE or NUS?
Also what other schools would you recommend?

Here is a little background on my profile:

Class 10: cgpa 10
Class 12: 94.5%
Graduation: 70% ( First division from GNDU. Accredited with A status from Naac)

Internships:
*Accountancy Intern, Sports Specialist Pvt. Limited, Jalandhar (June 2015- August 2015)
*Management Intern, Universal Sports Industry (December 2015- February 2016)

Work Experience and background:
I come from a business family and eventually want to set up my own business.
Currently working with father since first year of college.
Expanded work and set up two independent units of my own.
Working on 2 more projects with him.

Have a decent range of curricular activities and social work.

Thanks a lot
aggarwal.srishti@yahoo.com
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Dear Stratus,

Profil evaluation:

European Female 37 years
Bachelor, Master and PhD in Geograpy and a PhD in Earth Science
11 years work experience in academia, non- profit and local government
Background in environment protection, natural resources management and tourism.

I applied for EMBA at Stern, I did the interview and I submitted 10 days ago the formal application.

I'm waiting the decision of admission commission.
I would like to know how the possibility to be admitted in EMBA at STERN after the interview.

Thank you in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Profile evaluation for PhD [#permalink] Post 09 Jun 2018, 12:15
Bookmark
this post
Name - Abhishek Singhal
Country - India
GRE 324
BCom H - Delhi University
MBA - MDI
MS - EBS, Germany
Done 4 internships till date
Work experience - 1.5 years by the time September next year.
Toefl 104

Wanted to know about my chances for PhD at HEC Paris, LBS & INSEAD.
Done volunteering work for ngo in college
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.65
Send PM
Hi
I am Rakshit Sharma
Ethnicity: Asian (Indian)
GMAT: 730, Q50 V38 IR8 AWA4
Education: B.Tech Civil Engg IIT Roorkee 2006-10 (GPA 7.51/10) and M.B.A Marketing & Operations M.D.I Gurgaon 2012-14 (GPA 6.96/10)
Work Experience: Total 6 years of experience.

Post B.Tech: 2 years of construction project management experience in Oil & Gas sector with a public sector undertaking (GAIL India Ltd.) 2012-14
Post M.B.A: 4 year with PepsiCo so far in Future Leadership Program as follows (2014-Current):

*2 years of sales & distribution experience as Area Head for the business driving large teams & responsible for delivering topline for the territory.
*2 years of experience in handing eCommerce channel for PepsiCo, responsible for driving account relationships with online Groceries in India (Amazon, Flipkart * other eGroceries) & delivering P&L objective metrics for the organization.

Working in the eCommerce role exposed me to the way digital is shaping businesses in every function. Met Indira Nooyi in India & her words of guidance to us was: Run eCommerce channel in PepsiCo like a Tech Company not like a CPG Org. Realized hands on that eComm is not just a platform for purchase but a medium now to transform GoToMarket channels (Online B2B, B2C, HoReCa) , Marketing strategies (Amazon Media Services), Communication modes (Amazon search competing with Google now) & a whole new experience to connect with consumers.

Academic:
1. Cohesive Leader Award, PepsiCo
2. Highest Growth Area Head, PepsiCo
3. Selected for ILEAP, Leadership Academy of PepsiCo Globally
4. Best Summer Project, MBA
5. Runners Up, PepsiCo Indra Nooyi Case Study, MBA
6. Runners Up, Deloitte National Case Study, MBA

Extra Curricular:
1. Placement Committee Member, MBA
2. Member, Summer Mentorship Program - Coaching students on summer internships interviews & skill sets
3. Organizer Sports News Letter - IIT Roorkee
4. Dance & Dramatics On Stage events

Post MBA Goals:
Short Term: Working in Strategy/Channel Development/Marketing roles in eCommerce/Tech sector, leveraging past experience in consumer goods & online channel along with driving businesses through digital integration learning at MBA

Long Term: General Manager roles in retail sector demonstrating leadership across multiple geographies & leveraging digital capabilities in driving business P&Ls and growths.

Queries:
I have following queries regarding the application:
1. Which schools should i target with the profile & score.
2. What are the possibilities one can explore in eCommerce space in terms of roles - Do people pursue Strategy/GoToMarket roles in tech ?
3. I wanted to write Product Manager roles in eComm but dont have a coding experience per se. How critical is that & would that impact the application ?
4. Is Indian GPA at IIT Roorkee 7.51/10 decent enough when converted to 4 scale GPA ?
5. To answer why another MBA, i really feel that my MBA 4 years back helped me gain experience in driving businesses traditionally. But in the span of 4 years, i saw quite massive drifts in the way digital is shaping businesses these days. And that's what i wish to seek ahead in my learning pursuit. (Crude form currently).
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3