Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 01:34 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 01:34

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
European Schools Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [2]
Given Kudos: 26
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8833 [1]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
RSM Erasmus Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1360 [2]
Given Kudos: 641
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Schools: Erasmus (II)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: Erasmus '21
Send PM
Re: Calling all Erasmus (Rotterdam) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake! [#permalink]
Hi Mo2men,

Thank you very much for your reply. Already studying for the GMAT and taking it soon.
I am from Lebanon but have been living abroad for the last 6 years.

Regards
RSM Erasmus Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1360 [0]
Send PM
mk90 wrote:
Hi Mo2men,

Thank you very much for your reply. Already studying for the GMAT and taking it soon.
I am from Lebanon but have been living abroad for the last 6 years.

Regards

Go ahead my friend. 2 advice for you:

1- Be in contact with adcom

2- We have here a new link for Kira video essays. It is not about RSM (still new though) but at the end all schools tackle same themes under different questions styles.
https://gmatclub.com/forum/compilation- ... 86246.html

Good luck.
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1425 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Expert Reply
Mo2men where can we find out more info about the video essay?
Mo2men wrote:
Hi mk90

This is a good profile for applying with reasonable work experience including the international. You must target GMAT with 650.

Regarding the update, RSM has updated the application with deadlines but did not announce the required essay and did not update the online application.

There is one new component you need to take take of. It is the video essay.

Where do you come from? and why did you choose RSM?
RSM Erasmus Moderator
Send PM
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
Mo2men wrote:
Hi mk90

This is a good profile for applying with reasonable work experience including the international. You must target GMAT with 650.

Regarding the update, RSM has updated the application with deadlines but did not announce the required essay and did not update the online application.

Hi MBAPrepCoach Farrell

RSM has not posted anything about its video essays. I'm in contact with the adcom to see if they post anything as help for students.

In GAMTclub, we have gathered a lot of other schools in one post to help others break the ice, although those questions might not belong to the schools the student applies to.

You are rock star with your INSEAD questions. You re the first in the post :thumbup: Many schools are added after your post.

I hope it helps
Send PM
Expert Reply
Recommendations count as much as your essays if not more so. I recommend starting here - brainstorm ideas, anecdotes and coach your recommenders

ERASMUS RECOMMENDATION QUESTIONS

How long and in what capacity have you known the candidate? *Maximum Length all questions - 375 chars - quite brief
What is your opinion of the candidate's motivation and suitability for a career in senior management? 
What do you consider as his or her principal qualities and weaknesses?
Please comment on the candidate's interpersonal skills (Such as performance in a team environment with peers, subordinates and supervisors).
Please add any further remarks on the candidate that you consider relevant (Additional pages may be attached).
Send PM
Expert Reply
Mo2men you are so sweet to give me props and encouragement like that. I'm aware of the thread; thanks for contacting adcom for more info.
Mo2men wrote:
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
Mo2men wrote:
Hi mk90

Hi MBAPrepCoach Farrell

RSM has not posted anything about its video essays. I'm in contact with the adcom to see if they post anything as help for students.

In GAMTclub, we have gathered a lot of other schools in one post to help others break the ice, although those questions might not belong to the schools the student applies to.

You are rock star with your INSEAD questions. You re the first in the post :thumbup: Many schools are added after your post.

I hope it helps
Own Kudos [?]: 1425 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
For those uninitiated, Erasmus has one of the best RENEWABLE ENERGY programs out there, https://www.rsm.nl/ecfeb/home/ so this really sets them apart. And, quality of life in Rotterdam as well.
RSM Erasmus Moderator
Send PM
Hi All

I have just finisehd my phone call with adcom. Here is the update

1- The required essay and online application will be live within this week or at worst by end of next week.

2- The recommendaition will be as it is. Please refer to the above post by MBAPrepCoach.

3- The trick is in Kira video essays. They can't share anything about it. Here how it goes. Unlike other schools, RSM will send you link after evaluation of application. If ok, they will send you a link.

Hope it helps.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Mo2men awesome, thank you so much for taking the initiative to check into all this. I live in California so calling Europe during business hours requires I get up with the sun. However it works out really well for those overworked European strategy consultants who set 11pm GST appointments with me.

Very interesting about the filtering process with the video essays. Do you have any details on what "if OK" means? Are they actually only letting those who would be accepted take this or is it some other lesser criteria like they meet the minimum qualifications? I find that very surprising because the TOEFL is not required. Guess they are just relying on the interview to gauge comm skills?

The app is live - will post essay questions separately. I will say, this is the only b-school app I have ever logged into using Facebook. Leave it to the Dutch I guess ;)

Link to the app - first round April 2 https://www.rsm.nl/mba/international-fu ... mba/apply/

Mo2men wrote:
Hi All

I have just finisehd my phone call with adcom. Here is the update

1- The required essay and online application will be live within this week or at worst by end of next week.

2- The recommendaition will be as it is. Please refer to the above post by MBAPrepCoach.

3- The trick is in Kira video essays. They can't share anything about it. Here how it goes. Unlike other schools, RSM will send you link after evaluation of application. If ok, they will send you a link.

Hope it helps.
RSM Erasmus Moderator
Send PM
Hi All,

All the applicants whop started their application, I think just received the below email from RSM adcom. I hope it helps.

Quote:
Dear RSM Applicant,

We hope this message finds you well.

The Admissions team wanted to share two exciting and important updates regarding the application process and your application with RSM for the 2020 intake and beyond:

1. We will no longer require three prepared essays to be submitted with your application. Instead, you will only be required to respond to one question related to RSM’s mission statement. We understand the challenges of preparing multiple essays, especially with all the commitments in your life – and we wanted to address this reality. You’ll see the new question listed within your application the next time you log in. The change will take place beginning 12 February, 2019.

NOTE: If you submit your application by or before the 12th and have already completed all three current essays, we will still accept your responses and you will not need to respond to the new question. However, after the 12th you must respond to the new essay question. For example, if you have completed only one of the current essay questions, then you would only need to respond to the new question and submit a total of two essays. If you have already completed two essays, then you’ll just need to respond to the new question, for a total of three.

2. Addition of video essays - Recently, we partnered with Kira Talent, an online video essay platform, to add a new element to our application process. We wanted better and more engaging ways to get to know about RSM applicants and we are confident that your video responses will accomplish both of these goals. Plus you’ll have a better chance to showcase who you are and to set yourself apart from other candidates. In addition to the two video essays, there will be a short written question response that will also be required – for a total of three items. The actual time you’ll need to complete the video essays is around 20-30 minutes, which is much less than writing a prepared essay. Soon, you’ll receive an email invitation from the Kira platform with detailed instructions on how the process works. These responses are a mandatory part of the application process.

We’ve tried to be as clear as possible in this email, but if you have any questions about these changes, please feel free to reach out to the Admissions Manager for your region:

RSM Erasmus Moderator
Send PM
Hi MBAPrepCoach

I can imagine the time difference between CA and Europe.

"If ok" means if you pass first evaluation then they will send Kira. It is not clear yet what will happen next. I assume if one passes Kira, they will send him interview invitation.

For TOEFL, you are right, they check te applicant's English level through essays, interview, and currently Kira. However, they reserve the rights to ask you for Engish test in any time through the application, if needed. In general, Dutch business schools require manageable TOEFL score (less than 100).
Send PM
Expert Reply
Mo2men Holy crap I cannot believe it they've actually changed their process and essays since they talked to you on the phone last week. Sounds like they are now going to include Kira for all the candidates not just the ones that they first evaluate. It's very interesting that they will have the applicants do a writing exercise on the spur of the moment after doing the video interviews. I must admit that will probably help them get an accurate read on their written skills. And so they just have one “prepared” essay plus the video essays plus post-video essay. I was just on the precipice of posting the now-former essay topics I'm so glad you posted this before I did that. Eager to see what the one “prepared” essay topic is on 2/12.

Mo2men wrote:
Hi All,

All the applicants whop started their application, I think just received the below email from RSM adcom. I hope it helps.

Quote:
Dear RSM Applicant,

We hope this message finds you well.

The Admissions team wanted to share two exciting and important updates regarding the application process and your application with RSM for the 2020 intake and beyond:

1. We will no longer require three prepared essays to be submitted with your application. Instead, you will only be required to respond to one question related to RSM’s mission statement. We understand the challenges of preparing multiple essays, especially with all the commitments in your life – and we wanted to address this reality. You’ll see the new question listed within your application the next time you log in. The change will take place beginning 12 February, 2019.

NOTE: If you submit your application by or before the 12th and have already completed all three current essays, we will still accept your responses and you will not need to respond to the new question. However, after the 12th you must respond to the new essay question. For example, if you have completed only one of the current essay questions, then you would only need to respond to the new question and submit a total of two essays. If you have already completed two essays, then you’ll just need to respond to the new question, for a total of three.

2. Addition of video essays - Recently, we partnered with Kira Talent, an online video essay platform, to add a new element to our application process. We wanted better and more engaging ways to get to know about RSM applicants and we are confident that your video responses will accomplish both of these goals. Plus you’ll have a better chance to showcase who you are and to set yourself apart from other candidates. In addition to the two video essays, there will be a short written question response that will also be required – for a total of three items. The actual time you’ll need to complete the video essays is around 20-30 minutes, which is much less than writing a prepared essay. Soon, you’ll receive an email invitation from the Kira platform with detailed instructions on how the process works. These responses are a mandatory part of the application process.

We’ve tried to be as clear as possible in this email, but if you have any questions about these changes, please feel free to reach out to the Admissions Manager for your region:

Send PM
Expert Reply
Mo2men When I was asking about passing the first evaluation I was actually wondering if you knew their criteria for that evaluation if it meant having 5 years of work experience or red hair or a European car or whatever (I’m being kind of silly.) It doesn't really matter anyway because now they've decided for everyone to the video essay questions and a quick question right up afterwards.

Mo2men wrote:
Hi MBAPrepCoach

I can imagine the time difference between CA and Europe.

"If ok" means if you pass first evaluation then they will send Kira. It is not clear yet what will happen next. I assume if one passes Kira, they will send him interview invitation.

For TOEFL, you are right, they check te applicant's English level through essays, interview, and currently Kira. However, they reserve the rights to ask you for Engish test in any time through the application, if needed. In general, Dutch business schools require manageable TOEFL score (less than 100).
RSM Erasmus Moderator
Send PM
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
Mo2men When I was asking about passing the first evaluation I was actually wondering if you knew their criteria for that evaluation if it meant having 5 years of work experience or red hair or a European car or whatever (I’m being kind of silly.) It doesn't really matter anyway because now they've decided for everyone to the video essay questions and a quick question right up afterwards.

Hi MBAPrepCoach Farrah,

Actually, I want to clarify something. Before my call, they have already updated their website with one essay and Kira without any info since early of Jan. I sent many email but no response then I knew why. All adcom were in long vacation. :? The adcom representative talked with me about the essay but she was optimistic that they will post it soon but it seems there were problems.

For first evaluation, it was mentioned also in early Jan. I had same questions in my head like you about criteria. How will they assess the candidate before the interview. When I did the call, she mentioned that Kira will come after first evaluation and before interview. BUT she insisted not to take about Kira at all so I stooped asking about any evaluation criteria. It is still open question though.
Send PM
Expert Reply
I don't think it is an open question at all, based on what you posted. It is very clear: everyone does Kira, and a writing exercise directly afterwards.
Mo2men wrote:
MBAPrepCoach wrote:

Hi MBAPrepCoach Farrah,

Actually, I want to clarify something. Before my call, they have already updated their website with one essay and Kira without any info since early of Jan. I sent many email but no response then I knew why. All adcom were in long vacation. :? The adcom representative talked with me about the essay but she was optimistic that they will post it soon but it seems there were problems.

For first evaluation, it was mentioned also in early Jan. I had same questions in my head like you about criteria. How will they assess the candidate before the interview. When I did the call, she mentioned that Kira will come after first evaluation and before interview. BUT she insisted not to take about Kira at all so I stooped asking about any evaluation criteria. It is still open question though.
RSM Erasmus Moderator
Send PM
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
I don't think it is an open question at all, based on what you posted. It is very clear: everyone does Kira, and a writing exercise

Hi MBAPrepCoach Farrell

I just had another phone call with adcom. They will send the applicant in one email invitation for Kira and live interview, provided that s/he passed first evaluation. It means if s/he did not pass the first evaluation, then there is neither kira essays not live interview. Adcom are very conservative when talk about the criteria of first evaluation i.e. just mention holistic picture..etc nothing clear.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Mo2men thank you for that! I have to say, this is getting confusing because this information is not congruent with the update they sent you about 3 items. Maybe they wrote it poorly?Anyways, good to know, thanks for the follow up.

Mo2men wrote:
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
I don't think it is an open question at all, based on what you posted. It is very clear: everyone does Kira, and a writing exercise

Hi MBAPrepCoach Farrell

I just had another phone call with adcom. They will send the applicant in one email invitation for Kira and live interview, provided that s/he passed first evaluation. It means if s/he did not pass the first evaluation, then there is neither kira essays not live interview. Adcom are very conservative when talk about the criteria of first evaluation i.e. just mention holistic picture..etc nothing clear.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts