GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 04 Jul 2020, 16:11

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Erasmus (Rotterdam) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 03 Apr 2018
Posts: 37
Re: Calling all Erasmus (Rotterdam) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Aug 2019, 08:41
1
Hi, any perspective if I apply in Round 4, which is October deadline. I am yet to give my GMAT and would want to apply with the scores. I do understand that the scores can be submitted later, but will that impact my application?

Also, I am not ready with any LOR yet. Do I even need to submit one?
RSM Erasmus Moderator
User avatar
V
Joined: 26 Mar 2013
Posts: 2468
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Schools: Erasmus
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling all Erasmus (Rotterdam) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Aug 2019, 16:57
1
shreyagupta1401 wrote:
Hi, any perspective if I apply in Round 4, which is October deadline. I am yet to give my GMAT and would want to apply with the scores. I do understand that the scores can be submitted later, but will that impact my application?

Also, I am not ready with any LOR yet. Do I even need to submit one?


My advice is always is to shot a mail to the adcom directly. They are very nice and responsive. I prefer even to call them.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 27 Nov 2018
Posts: 11
Location: India
Schools: Erasmus '21 (S)
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V31
GPA: 3.5
WE: Project Management (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling all Erasmus (Rotterdam) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Aug 2019, 23:28
Hi,
Has anyone received any feedback from RSM after the Aug deadline? I submitted my application in the second week of July. Yet to hear from them...
European Schools Moderator
User avatar
S
Joined: 28 Sep 2018
Posts: 76
Location: Spain
GMAT 1: 620 Q42 V33
GPA: 3.24
WE: Consulting (Real Estate)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all Erasmus (Rotterdam) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Aug 2019, 11:12
shreyagupta1401 wrote:
Hi, any perspective if I apply in Round 4, which is October deadline. I am yet to give my GMAT and would want to apply with the scores. I do understand that the scores can be submitted later, but will that impact my application?

Also, I am not ready with any LOR yet. Do I even need to submit one?


Hi Shreyagupta,

I agree with the previous advice. You should reach out to the adcom as soon as you are thinking of applying. They will help to guide you through the process.
You should also start to contact your recommenders as soon as possible. They are most likely busy individuals that will take time to be educated about your new path and develop solid recommendation letters.
You have a lot of research and processes to go through and very little time.
Good Luck!

JMM
_________________
------------- ------------- ------------- ------------- ------------- -------------
Current IE Business School Student | Class Representative | Public Speaking Club Coordinator
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 May 2018
Posts: 6
Re: Calling all Erasmus (Rotterdam) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Aug 2019, 16:27
aditya590550 wrote:
Hi,
Has anyone received any feedback from RSM after the Aug deadline? I submitted my application in the second week of July. Yet to hear from them...


Hi, even I applied for Aug deadline. Haven't heard anything yet.

Posted from my mobile device
European Schools Moderator
User avatar
S
Joined: 28 Sep 2018
Posts: 76
Location: Spain
GMAT 1: 620 Q42 V33
GPA: 3.24
WE: Consulting (Real Estate)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all Erasmus (Rotterdam) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Aug 2019, 17:41
ajay7767 wrote:
aditya590550 wrote:
Hi,
Has anyone received any feedback from RSM after the Aug deadline? I submitted my application in the second week of July. Yet to hear from them...


Hi, even I applied for Aug deadline. Haven't heard anything yet.

Posted from my mobile device


Hi Ajay & Aditya
The August deadline was only two weeks ago. RSM typically does not evaluate on a rolling basis, they will wait until after the deadline and review all applicants in a pool. This will take 2-3 weeks, after the deadline, before they start to get back to anybody with a response. They will generally take the full time between rounds for their decision process, which means you may not hear back for another 5-6 weeks at the latest.
My advice is to stay calm and confident. If you do not hear back in maybe 2-3 weeks, then shoot them a message or call. Stay courteous / polite and do not bother them unnecessarily. Remember that ALL interactions are considered in the decision process.

Hope this helps.
Good Luck!

JMM
_________________
------------- ------------- ------------- ------------- ------------- -------------
Current IE Business School Student | Class Representative | Public Speaking Club Coordinator
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 27 Nov 2018
Posts: 11
Location: India
Schools: Erasmus '21 (S)
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V31
GPA: 3.5
WE: Project Management (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling all Erasmus (Rotterdam) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Aug 2019, 20:39
Madison, thanks for the feedback.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 09 Sep 2017
Posts: 1
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V31
Re: Calling all Erasmus (Rotterdam) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Aug 2019, 22:12
Not yet. I guess they take a minimum of 3 weeks to process all the applications within a round.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Status: Struggle is a gift
Joined: 02 Jan 2017
Posts: 2
Location: Canada
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GPA: 3.5
Re: Calling all Erasmus (Rotterdam) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Sep 2019, 07:43
Hello All,

I have a question regarding the letters of recommendation.

Are my referees provided a form (a questionnaire) which they must complete online or do they have to provide an actual letter?

From my research - they will be provided with a link to their online recommendation form. Could someone please confirm this?

Thanks kindly!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 May 2018
Posts: 6
Re: Calling all Erasmus (Rotterdam) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Sep 2019, 07:45
They are provided with a questionnaire form. A letter too can be attached but it’s optional


Sri1025 wrote:
Hello All,

I have a question regarding the letters of recommendation.

Are my referees provided a form (a questionnaire) which they must complete online or do they have to provide an actual letter?

From my research - they will be provided with a link to their online recommendation form. Could someone please confirm this?

Thanks kindly!


Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Status: Struggle is a gift
Joined: 02 Jan 2017
Posts: 2
Location: Canada
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GPA: 3.5
Re: Calling all Erasmus (Rotterdam) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Sep 2019, 07:55
Thank you!

ajay7767 wrote:
They are provided with a questionnaire form. A letter too can be attached but it’s optional


Sri1025 wrote:
Hello All,

I have a question regarding the letters of recommendation.

Are my referees provided a form (a questionnaire) which they must complete online or do they have to provide an actual letter?

From my research - they will be provided with a link to their online recommendation form. Could someone please confirm this?

Thanks kindly!


Posted from my mobile device
RSM Erasmus Moderator
User avatar
V
Joined: 26 Mar 2013
Posts: 2468
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Schools: Erasmus
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling all Erasmus (Rotterdam) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Sep 2019, 08:56
Sri1025 wrote:
Hello All,

I have a question regarding the letters of recommendation.

Are my referees provided a form (a questionnaire) which they must complete online or do they have to provide an actual letter?

From my research - they will be provided with a link to their online recommendation form. Could someone please confirm this?

Thanks kindly!


It comes with a questioner with limited words. I advise you at least one recommender writes a letter for you.

Good luck
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 09 Sep 2019
Posts: 4
Location: India
Re: Calling all Erasmus (Rotterdam) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Sep 2019, 20:13
Hi, does anyone know if they have rolled out invitations for the August 6 round yet. It's been more than a month now and I've had no communication from them so far.

JT

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 May 2018
Posts: 4
Re: Calling all Erasmus (Rotterdam) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Sep 2019, 10:13
1
Hi,

I'm planning to apply in Round 4, however, I have the following queries:

1. Is it suitable for International Non-EU applicants to apply in R4 or is it considered too late? Since the program starts in Jan'20 and the results for R4 will probably be out by November, would there be sufficient time to apply for a Visa, if selected? I'm asking this because I'm unable to find any deadline specifically mentioned for International Non-EU applicants on RSMs website and I don't want to go through the effort of applying if it is already too late. I did also shoot a mail to Carrie Fok regarding this but I've not received a response yet.

2. Previously it was posted that only 1 essay has to be submitted. I see the following in my application under the 'Essay' tab:

""
Essays
Please respond fully but concisely to each question. Each essay should contain around 500 words.
Essay 1 or 2 *
2. Describe how the socio-economic environment in which you live/work impacts your business decisions.

(+/- 500 words)
Please explain your answer and use examples from your own experience whenever possible.


Essay 2 *
3. Describe the most difficult decision you have made and its effect on you.

(+/- 500 words)
Essay 3 *

""
There is also an "Upload file" option next to each Essay description (total 3 such options).
I recall that the essay options shared earlier on this post included the following:
1. Share how you’ve already been a force for positive change in your world. Your example can be large or small, global or local, but must highlight the positive impact you’ve had through your efforts. Tell us your story.

OR

2. Discuss how the RSM MBA will prepare you to become a force for positive change, either in your personal or professional life.


However, I don't see any of these essay options in my application. I'm also confused as to the number of essays to be answered.

Will be really glad if someone can clarify my doubts.
Thanks in advance!
European Schools Moderator
User avatar
S
Joined: 28 Sep 2018
Posts: 76
Location: Spain
GMAT 1: 620 Q42 V33
GPA: 3.24
WE: Consulting (Real Estate)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all Erasmus (Rotterdam) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Sep 2019, 10:32
sujayn19 wrote:
Hi,

I'm planning to apply in Round 4, however, I have the following queries:

1. Is it suitable for International Non-EU applicants to apply in R4 or is it considered too late? Since the program starts in Jan'20 and the results for R4 will probably be out by November, would there be sufficient time to apply for a Visa, if selected? I'm asking this because I'm unable to find any deadline specifically mentioned for International Non-EU applicants on RSMs website and I don't want to go through the effort of applying if it is already too late. I did also shoot a mail to Carrie Fok regarding this but I've not received a response yet.

2. Previously it was posted that only 1 essay has to be submitted. I see the following in my application under the 'Essay' tab:

""
Essays
Please respond fully but concisely to each question. Each essay should contain around 500 words.
Essay 1 or 2 *
2. Describe how the socio-economic environment in which you live/work impacts your business decisions.

(+/- 500 words)
Please explain your answer and use examples from your own experience whenever possible.


Essay 2 *
3. Describe the most difficult decision you have made and its effect on you.

(+/- 500 words)
Essay 3 *

""
There is also an "Upload file" option next to each Essay description (total 3 such options).
I recall that the essay options shared earlier on this post included the following:
1. Share how you’ve already been a force for positive change in your world. Your example can be large or small, global or local, but must highlight the positive impact you’ve had through your efforts. Tell us your story.

OR

2. Discuss how the RSM MBA will prepare you to become a force for positive change, either in your personal or professional life.


However, I don't see any of these essay options in my application. I'm also confused as to the number of essays to be answered.

Will be really glad if someone can clarify my doubts.
Thanks in advance!


Hi Sujayn19,

First, regarding the Visa and application timeline. Other European schools give a deadline for non-EU students in November, but you should probably check two things. Ask RSM directly and see what they say. And also visit the embassy/consulate website where you would need to apply for a visa. You will get good info there, and may even be able to email them any questions. I know some consulates are booked 4 months out for appointments, so this is a real concern that should be investigated.

Second, your essay section does look quite different. I didnt expect this type of change mid-stream. Again address this with RSM immediately as well as starting to prepare for multiple essays if needed. It doesnt even look like they have finished updating the application. It asks you to answer both, then says 1 or 2 and then numbers them weird and leaves a blank. This is very odd.
Until RSM gets back to you, I would consider creating outlines for each essay and making sure the rest of my application is moving forward toward completion. Hopefully they answer before too much extra work is done - although the extra work will help you in the interviews. The more you address these types of questions and have good stories and answers, the better. These new topics are typical interview questions.

If you dont mind, can you send a PM to me with a screenshot of the essay tab with these instructions.

Good Luck.

JMM
_________________
------------- ------------- ------------- ------------- ------------- -------------
Current IE Business School Student | Class Representative | Public Speaking Club Coordinator
European Schools Moderator
User avatar
S
Joined: 28 Sep 2018
Posts: 76
Location: Spain
GMAT 1: 620 Q42 V33
GPA: 3.24
WE: Consulting (Real Estate)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all Erasmus (Rotterdam) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Sep 2019, 10:36
JMMadison wrote:

Hi Sujayn19,

First, regarding the Visa and application timeline. Other European schools give a deadline for non-EU students in November, but you should probably check two things. Ask RSM directly and see what they say. And also visit the embassy/consulate website where you would need to apply for a visa. You will get good info there, and may even be able to email them any questions. I know some consulates are booked 4 months out for appointments, so this is a real concern that should be investigated.

Second, your essay section does look quite different. I didnt expect this type of change mid-stream. Again address this with RSM immediately as well as starting to prepare for multiple essays if needed. It doesnt even look like they have finished updating the application. It asks you to answer both, then says 1 or 2 and then numbers them weird and leaves a blank. This is very odd.
Until RSM gets back to you, I would consider creating outlines for each essay and making sure the rest of my application is moving forward toward completion. Hopefully they answer before too much extra work is done - although the extra work will help you in the interviews. The more you address these types of questions and have good stories and answers, the better. These new topics are typical interview questions.

If you dont mind, can you send a PM to me with a screenshot of the essay tab with these instructions.

Good Luck.

JMM


Also - Carrie is usually very good at getting back to people, as long as it is not right around an application deadline. If you do not hear back from her in about a week, then reach out to somebody else for help.

JMM
_________________
------------- ------------- ------------- ------------- ------------- -------------
Current IE Business School Student | Class Representative | Public Speaking Club Coordinator
RSM Erasmus Moderator
User avatar
V
Joined: 26 Mar 2013
Posts: 2468
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Schools: Erasmus
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling all Erasmus (Rotterdam) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Sep 2019, 13:18
Hi sujayn19

My advice to you is to give a phone call Carrie directly to get answers. This will cut any waste of waiting the response.

Good luck
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 09 Sep 2019
Posts: 4
Location: India
Re: Calling all Erasmus (Rotterdam) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Sep 2019, 18:05
1
sujayn19 wrote:
Hi,

I'm planning to apply in Round 4, however, I have the following queries:

1. Is it suitable for International Non-EU applicants to apply in R4 or is it considered too late? Since the program starts in Jan'20 and the results for R4 will probably be out by November, would there be sufficient time to apply for a Visa, if selected? I'm asking this because I'm unable to find any deadline specifically mentioned for International Non-EU applicants on RSMs website and I don't want to go through the effort of applying if it is already too late. I did also shoot a mail to Carrie Fok regarding this but I've not received a response yet.

2. Previously it was posted that only 1 essay has to be submitted. I see the following in my application under the 'Essay' tab:

""
Essays
Please respond fully but concisely to each question. Each essay should contain around 500 words.
Essay 1 or 2 *
2. Describe how the socio-economic environment in which you live/work impacts your business decisions.

(+/- 500 words)
Please explain your answer and use examples from your own experience whenever possible.


Essay 2 *
3. Describe the most difficult decision you have made and its effect on you.

(+/- 500 words)
Essay 3 *

""
There is also an "Upload file" option next to each Essay description (total 3 such options).
I recall that the essay options shared earlier on this post included the following:
1. Share how you’ve already been a force for positive change in your world. Your example can be large or small, global or local, but must highlight the positive impact you’ve had through your efforts. Tell us your story.

OR

2. Discuss how the RSM MBA will prepare you to become a force for positive change, either in your personal or professional life.


However, I don't see any of these essay options in my application. I'm also confused as to the number of essays to be answered.

Will be really glad if someone can clarify my doubts.
Thanks in advance!


Hi Sujayn,

The essay questions are showing up this way because you've probably not made a selection for the program yet. Once you select a program on the first tab of the application, the essay questions will update.

Cheers!

Posted from my mobile device
RSM Erasmus Moderator
User avatar
V
Joined: 26 Mar 2013
Posts: 2468
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Schools: Erasmus
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling all Erasmus (Rotterdam) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Sep 2019, 18:23
JTurey wrote:
Hi, does anyone know if they have rolled out invitations for the August 6 round yet. It's been more than a month now and I've had no communication from them so far.

JT

Posted from my mobile device


I noticed in previous years they can invite you late. Maybe it is their way. You can always to contact adcom office.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 09 Sep 2019
Posts: 4
Location: India
Re: Calling all Erasmus (Rotterdam) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Sep 2019, 18:43
Mo2men wrote:
JTurey wrote:
Hi, does anyone know if they have rolled out invitations for the August 6 round yet. It's been more than a month now and I've had no communication from them so far.

JT

Posted from my mobile device


I noticed in previous years they can invite you late. Maybe it is their way. You can always to contact adcom office.


Yes, that might be it. I was wondering though if any other applicant has recieved an invitation yet. I did send Carrie a mail but haven't heard back.

Thanks!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Erasmus (Rotterdam) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake!   [#permalink] 11 Sep 2019, 18:43

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8    Next  [ 149 posts ] 

Calling all Erasmus (Rotterdam) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake!

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: Mo2men, JMMadison






Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne