Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 05:22 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 05:22

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 66 [6]
Given Kudos: 37
Schools: Ivey '21 (M$)
GMAT 1: 590 Q38 V35
GMAT 2: 620 Q44 V32
GMAT 3: 700 Q47 V38
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.39
WE:Business Development (Health Care)
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 1971 [0]
Given Kudos: 200
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 150
GMAT 1: 200 Q49 V37
GPA: 4
Send PM
Re: Ivey(Ontario) Class of 2021(March 2020 intake): Calling all Applicants [#permalink]
VKR09 wrote:
Round 1 deadline for March 2020 intake is actually January 7, 2019!

But I am not seeing any deadlines on the school's website.

And if you please post the essay questions.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.39
WE:Business Development (Health Care)
Send PM
Re: Ivey(Ontario) Class of 2021(March 2020 intake): Calling all Applicants [#permalink]
ShashwatPrakash wrote:

But I am not seeing any deadlines on the school's website.

And if you please post the essay questions.

The applications for the March 2020 program haven't officially opened yet. I was told they would open around mid-November with a Round 1 deadline of Jan 7 2018. The information you're looking for should be available then!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi All,
Hope everyone is doing awesome.
I am contemplating applying at Ivey but am concerned about my age. I am 32, will be 33 in January, 2019. Does Ivey admit students in or around their mid 30's?

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 418
GMAT 1: 650 Q42 V37
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Kudos
masterbuilder101 wrote:
Hi All,
I am contemplating applying at Ivey but am concerned about my age. I am 32, will be 33 in January, 2019. Does Ivey admit students in or around their mid 30's?

Thanks.

According to their employment report ( https://www.ivey.uwo.ca/cmsmedia/359927 ... report.pdf )

The age range is from 24 to 33
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
Hi all,

I have created a https://gmatclub.com/chat group of interested candidates. Please use the invite link to join :-

https://chat.https://gmatclub.com/chat.com/Km7XBb8VXKDHTnVEXMAMLp
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GPA: 3.38
Send PM
Got denied without interview after two weeks application submitted

GMAT 640 (my weakest point)
Undergraduate Industrial Engineering GPA 3.4/4 from Beijing, China
Graduate Quality Systems Engineering GPA 4/4.3, Montreal
Work experience 5.5 years in China, South Korea and Canada
Mostly in project management section, now as R&D Project Manager
PMP Holder
Some political volunteer work, school volunteer work in Montreal

Applied to U of T, Mcgill and Ivey
Was thinking of US and Europe before, but thinking of immigration and work permit issues in both countries, think Canada still better
Applied all on Nov 1st, got invite for interview for Mcgill 3rd week of Nov, but I travelled outside of Canada for work for three weeks, so I only got my interview done on Dec 17th
Got invite from U of T 2nd week of Dec, then had skype interview on the same date Dec 17th

Got offer from U of T Dec 19th, only two days after interview, got offer from McGill on Dec 21st
Decisions are all both pretty fast, I think they are all approaching end of year, so both schools want to close the deal before
Good luck to all.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 66 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
thomasedzhang wrote:

PMP Holder

Was thinking of US and Europe before, but thinking of immigration and work permit issues in both countries, think Canada still better
Applied all on Nov 1st, got invite for interview for Mcgill 3rd week of Nov, but I travelled outside of Canada for work for three weeks, so I only got my interview done on Dec 17th
Got invite from U of T 2nd week of Dec, then had skype interview on the same date Dec 17th

Got offer from U of T Dec 19th, only two days after interview, got offer from McGill on Dec 21st
Decisions are all both pretty fast, I think they are all approaching end of year, so both schools want to close the deal before
Good luck to all.

Congratulations on the admits from Rotman & Desautels !

Which one are you ultimately going to pick? And what was your preference between the three?

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GPA: 3.38
Send PM
Pakman33 wrote:
thomasedzhang wrote:

PMP Holder

Good luck to all.

Which one are you ultimately going to pick? And what was your preference between the three?

Still thinking about it. Not 100% sure. I mean I like the job opportunity in Toronto and its higher ranking no matter of the B-school, but generally the whole school also. But living expense there is really high, and competition is too high also. The 350 cohort makes me doubt about if I can really get chance to know my fellows and my faculty well or get personalized support.

Mcgill is good, general ranking, the quality of life in Montreal, the small class size, only 80 students in total. Lower cost in terms of tuition and living expanse.

How about you?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos
thomasedzhang wrote:
Pakman33 wrote:
thomasedzhang wrote:

PMP Holder

Good luck to all.

Still thinking about it. Not 100% sure. I mean I like the job opportunity in Toronto and its higher ranking no matter of the B-school, but generally the whole school also. But living expense there is really high, and competition is too high also. The 350 cohort makes me doubt about if I can really get a chance to know my fellows and my faculty well or get personalized support.

Mcgill is good, general ranking, the quality of life in Montreal, the small class size, only 80 students in total. Lower cost in terms of tuition and living expanse.

How about you?

I think given the choice I would attend Rotman over McGill.

In Montréal and Québec, HEC has a larger network and I find attracts more attention from local offices (primarily from the French MBA-Candidates).

McGill places much better in the rest of Canada, on par with Rotman.

McGill does have a strong brand if you plan on working overseas but based on the above; you seem to prefer staying in Canada.

I guess the question I would ask is where do you want to work in Canada after the MBA?

If the answer is Montréal, then evaluate how well you speak French because it will be crucial to how you place post-MBA. (I've lived in Montréal for nearly 20 years; French is crucial for upper-management)

If the answer is Toronto/Ontario; then understand that you will still be competing with the 350 Candidates from Rotman (+ Ivey & Queen's) but picking McGill would put you at the disadvantage of being in a different City/Province.

Ultimately, I think Rotman is 1A/1B with Ivey, and having arguably the best MBA in the country which is associated with an internationally elite institution (U of T) is the better choice.

Anyway you slice it; you have admits from the 2 of the Top 4 MBA's in the country.

Assess your situations and future goals and you'll be more than fine with either choice.

I'm applying for the class of 2021 at Ivey, McGill (2022) and HEC Montréal.

Feel free to PM me with any questions.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8833 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
thomasedzhang wrote:
Pakman33 wrote:

Still thinking about it. Not 100% sure. I mean I like the job opportunity in Toronto and its higher ranking no matter of the B-school, but generally the whole school also. But living expense there is really high, and competition is too high also. The 350 cohort makes me doubt about if I can really get chance to know my fellows and my faculty well or get personalized support.

How about you?

thomasedzhang

You can also go through the following forum and see if a similar discussion exists between Rotman and DeSasutels. If not, you can create one.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/admitted-whi ... hoose-192/
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 66 [3]
Send PM
Kudos
Hey everybody !

I just thought I would reach out to everybody looking to apply to the Ivey MBA.

I will be attending the class visit on Monday January 28th, 2019 so if you have questions or details that you want me to check out specifically, please feel free to post them below and I will do my best to investigate.

I realize that not everybody has the chance to visit the campus so this could maybe help eliminate some uncertainties.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V35
Send PM
Hello Everyone!

I am applying to the Ivey 2020 intake and wanted to check on the English Language proficiency tests.
Being an international student (India), English is not my first language. However, I graduated from an institute where the medium of education was English. I am also a CFA charter holder and have an international work-ex of over 5 years in the middle east. I believe my language is adequate for the MBA studies and the exam would only delay my application.

I was wanting to know if I should mail the adcoms for an exam waiver or actually give the exam and thus, delay the application for a month.

Best Regards
Arun
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos
aruniyer wrote:
Hello Everyone!

I am applying to the Ivey 2020 intake and wanted to check on the English Language proficiency tests.
Being an international student (India), English is not my first language. However, I graduated from an institute where the medium of education was English. I am also a CFA charter holder and have an international work-ex of over 5 years in the middle east. I believe my language is adequate for the MBA studies and the exam would only delay my application.

I was wanting to know if I should mail the adcoms for an exam waiver or actually give the exam and thus, delay the application for a month.

Best Regards
Arun

Hey Arun,

It would probably be best to simply reach out to the Ivey MBA team.

Also, Ivey offers preliminary resume assessment which can probably guide you in the right direction.

https://www.ivey.uwo.ca/mba/resume-assessment/

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: Ivey '20
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Can anyone explain what difference it makes to apply in a particular round of application?

Does someone who applies in R2 has advantage over someone applying in R5?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Other
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 2.8
WE:Account Management (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
masterbuilder101 wrote:
Hi All,

Thanks.

I am entering this year for the '20 class and I will be 36 when we graduate.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Concentration: Strategy, Other
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 2.8
WE:Account Management (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Kudos
roopsrj wrote:
Can anyone explain what difference it makes to apply in a particular round of application?

Does someone who applies in R2 has advantage over someone applying in R5?

Typically international students need to apply early to get their student visas in order.

With regards to domestic applicants, I know for R5 we had a LOT of late entrants that were accepted in the last month (January) - I'd say about 30 or more. They claim to be rolling admissions, but who's to say for sure? Be sure to meet/skype with an Ad Com before you submit your application. They are super nice, but be sure to be friendly and ask some great questions that aren't available on their website.

Last year (class of '19) they only had 115 in their class, which was low for them. This year it'll be roughly 150.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Send PM
Hi Guys,

What are the post MBA numbers for Ivey?
I have seen the data they have provided online but just wanted to know as an International student and with no internship as such does that prove to be a handicap?
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts