GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 12 Aug 2020, 13:51

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
Intern
Intern
Intern
Intern
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
Intern
Intern
Waitlisted
18 Dec, 2019
18 Dec 2019, 06:56
tnt007tarun GMAT: 750, Q50, V41; GPA: 2.5; WE: 85 months; Canada; via Phone
They said I'll know the final decision in the 2nd week of Jan. Waited until R6 to apply so this was always a possibility. Worst case - admission will be given for next year's intake. [#permalink]
Ivey Business School Moderator
Schools: Ivey '21 (M$)
GMAT 1: 590 Q38 V35
GMAT 2: 620 Q44 V32
GMAT 3: 700 Q47 V38
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Re: Ivey(Ontario) Class of 2021(March 2020 intake): Calling all Applicants [#permalink]
tnt007tarun wrote:
They said I'll know the final decision in the 2nd week of Jan. Waited until R6 to apply so this was always a possibility. Worst case - admission will be given for next year's intake.
Waitlisted on: 2019/12/18
GMAT: 750, Q50, V41
GPA: 2.5
WE: 85 months
Heard back via: Phone

tnt007tarun

Hi tnt007tarun !

Thanks for updating your application status!

Mind sharing your profile at a glance ? How was your interview and application process, etc ?

Posted from my mobile device

My 110 Point GMAT Journey: 590 to the 700-Club!

Don't forget to Like & Subscribe!
Intern
Intern
Re: Ivey(Ontario) Class of 2021(March 2020 intake): Calling all Applicants [#permalink]
collahola wrote:
The only thing I would say is that I'm a current student. Primary objective for coming to Ivey is to fulfill PR requirement to get citizenship in 2 years. And having "Ivey MBA" on resume would add some brand equity. I wouldn't come to Ivey had I not been given a close to full scholarship. Be happy to answer any specific questions.

While I’m aware that Ivey’s program structure means that doing an internship is not feasible, I’ve been looking up profiles of current students on Linkedin and see some who’ve listed part-time internships-someone has listed a part-time private equity internship with a firm called Lightheart Capital Partners just for an example. Are these internships legit and do they help with Capital Markets or Investment Banking recruitments at all? Also, can you shed light on what percentage of the class have actually secured such internships? While it appears that Ivey’s location and program structure are definitely a disadvantage, wondering if these internships can alleviate some of those issues?

Intern
Intern
Hi, I am stuck in conundrum. I have a very low GMAT score and 5 years work experience. I was offered a place at Ivey and rejected by Rotman. I do feel like Ivey is a good fit but I am thinking maybe the low GMAT might mean my employment outcomes are not great. Initially I was excited to go for Ivey but now I am worried that I will not get a job (especially after the Rotman rejection) What do you guys think?

Schools: Ivey '21 (M$)
GMAT 1: 590 Q38 V35
GMAT 2: 620 Q44 V32
GMAT 3: 700 Q47 V38
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
rubywada wrote:
Hi, I am stuck in conundrum. I have a very low GMAT score and 5 years work experience. I was offered a place at Ivey and rejected by Rotman. I do feel like Ivey is a good fit but I am thinking maybe the low GMAT might mean my employment outcomes are not great. Initially I was excited to go for Ivey but now I am worried that I will not get a job (especially after the Rotman rejection) What do you guys think?

Congratulations on the offer!

I sent you a PM !

My 110 Point GMAT Journey: 590 to the 700-Club!

Don't forget to Like & Subscribe!
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA
Expert Reply
I don't follow your reasoning completely. Is it that you feel your GMAT is not high enough to get into a top consultancy or something? The GMAT matters and financial services and Consulting, but it's not the whole picture. . What is the plan B to just wait it out for a year? rubywada

rubywada wrote:

I get applicants into elite MBA programs. What has made me successful is the combination of my coaching, marketing and editing skills. I'm a certified life coach - where the client's desire for a top MBA is the catalyst for their transformation.
Verified reviews posted on https://MBAPrepCoach.com
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Operations
Schools: Ivey '22 (A$)
A new Ivey Business School Interview Debrief has just been posted: https://gmatclub.com/forum/ivey-western-243/interview_debrief.html#debrief-1226
Intern
Intern
Schools: Ivey '22 (A$)
GMAT 1: 590 Q36 V34
GPA: 3.87
A new Ivey Business School Interview Debrief has just been posted: https://gmatclub.com/forum/ivey-western-243/interview_debrief.html#debrief-1283
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
GPA: 3.44
WE:Engineering (Non-Profit and Government)
Expert Reply
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
Hi all, I am confused about the essay topic. Should I be writing about my NGO work or professional experience in this paragraph for scholarship?

"Please provide examples of demonstrated leadership within the community, either now or during your undergrad."
MBA Section Director
Expert Reply
subhsngh wrote:
Hi all, I am confused about the essay topic. Should I be writing about my NGO work or professional experience in this paragraph for scholarship?

"Please provide examples of demonstrated leadership within the community, either now or during your undergrad."

subhsngh

I think you should write about NGO work. I guess that is why they also mentioned "during undergrad". If it is something professional, they would have asked the same in the questions like "demonstrated leadership at work" etc
Concentration: Accounting, General Management
GPA: 3
Hy guys , I got admitted from Queen's , Ivey and HEC Montreal?
Can you please give me some suggestions?
MBA Section Director
Expert Reply
totoma97 wrote:
Hy guys , I got admitted from Queen's , Ivey and HEC Montreal?
Can you please give me some suggestions?

totoma97

You can make a post in the following forum. https://gmatclub.com/forum/admitted-whi ... 2/?fl=menu
GMAT 1: 720 Q55 V55
GPA: 3.92
Hi subhsngh
This sections tries to dig into the leadership qualities outised of work. So it needed not be an NGO experience but should be something that impacted a larger community.

subhsngh wrote:

GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   
Moderators:
62 posts
14 posts
Feedback