Summer is Coming! Join the Game of Timers Competition to Win Epic Prizes. Registration is Open. Game starts Mon July 1st.

It is currently 22 Jul 2019, 17:49

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all ESMT Berlin MBA Applicants: Jan 2020 Intake

new topic post reply Update application status  
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User
Calling all ESMT Berlin MBA Applicants: Jan 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2019, 06:50
Hey Guys, Welcome all ESMT 2020 Jan intake applicants. Let's start networking and helping each other in the application process.

Add ESMT MBA to your profile

Jan 2020 Intake: App Progress Tracker

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

2020 MBA Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis of all top MBA programs
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 620 Q42 V33
GPA: 3.24
WE: Consulting (Other)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all ESMT Berlin MBA Applicants: Jan 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 May 2019, 14:21
Hi
I submitted my application last Friday and received notice on Monday for an interview that I have scheduled this coming Thursday. Quick process, I like that. I think it helps that I have been actively communicating with the school.
Anybody else active in the process right now?

JMM

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 07 May 2019, 14:23
Narenn wrote:
Hey Guys, Welcome all ESMT 2020 Jan intake applicants. Let's start networking and helping each other in the application process.

Add ESMT MBA to your profile

Jan 2020 Intake: App Progress Tracker

Any reason my name shows up in the App Tracker four times? And how I (or somebody else) can correct that?

JMM

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 660 Q45 V35
GMAT 2: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.1
WE: Consulting (Energy and Utilities)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 07 May 2019, 21:50
JMMadison wrote:
Hi
I submitted my application last Friday and received notice on Monday for an interview that I have scheduled this coming Thursday. Quick process, I like that. I think it helps that I have been actively communicating with the school.
Anybody else active in the process right now?

JMM

Hi JMMAdison! Good luck with your interview on Thursday! I am planning to submit my application next week. Maybe you can give some application tips?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 08 May 2019, 06:44
bucoloco wrote:

Hi JMMadison! Good luck with your interview on Thursday! I am planning to submit my application next week. Maybe you can give some application tips?

H bucoloco,
I think their process is pretty straight forward.
A couple of recommendations or things to be aware of
- The curriculum has recently changed and will be brand new next year. You must choose a core track in your application now. Make sure to look into that and be aware of old data still floating around the net. I have not found much in regards to alumni or industry reaction on this change, but let me know if you see anything.
- Definitely reach out to the admissions team and try to setup a call, visit, or something to get to know them and the school, and for them to get to know you better. It might just be me, but I found other schools are a bit better at the personal interactions and I like to connect to people face to face (skype as backup). I ended up flying to a different country to meet them at an MBA event, just to get some face-time and perspective.

Good Luck!

JMM
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 09 May 2019, 11:59
Well, I think my interview went well this morning. It was a fairly relaxed agenda that was mostly questions about my experiences working with different people, cultures, ages, etc. I was also asked a few questions about my goals and how the MBA will help me achieve those goals. It was fairly free flowing and only had a few questions that were asked about specific situations or stories.
Overall I felt good about it, but was also not able to read the interviewer about some discussions. I am hoping for good news next week.

Everybody else going through the process, Good Luck!

JMM
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 10 May 2019, 03:36
JMMadison wrote:
bucoloco wrote:

Hi JMMadison! Good luck with your interview on Thursday! I am planning to submit my application next week. Maybe you can give some application tips?

H bucoloco,
I think their process is pretty straight forward.
A couple of recommendations or things to be aware of
- The curriculum has recently changed and will be brand new next year. You must choose a core track in your application now. Make sure to look into that and be aware of old data still floating around the net. I have not found much in regards to alumni or industry reaction on this change, but let me know if you see anything.
- Definitely reach out to the admissions team and try to setup a call, visit, or something to get to know them and the school, and for them to get to know you better. It might just be me, but I found other schools are a bit better at the personal interactions and I like to connect to people face to face (skype as backup). I ended up flying to a different country to meet them at an MBA event, just to get some face-time and perspective.

Good Luck!

JMM

Hi JMM! Thanks for these tips! I will try to schedule a call with them next week!
Good to hear that your interview went well! Did they mention how long it will take for them to give their decision?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 10 May 2019, 07:52
bucoloco wrote:

Hi JMM! Thanks for these tips! I will try to schedule a call with them next week!
Good to hear that your interview went well! Did they mention how long it will take for them to give their decision?

I was told that they would notify me within a week regarding their decision. They also gave me more names of alumni to reach out to for discussion about the school. Hoping this is a good sign.

JMM
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2019, 08:29
I received an admit offer this morning.
It was transmitted a bit weird. I received an email from an adcom directing me to login to the application portal for the decision.
I guess I expected a personalized touch to it, or completely automated.
Either way, I am very happy and have a decision to make.

I wish all the others best of luck in the process.

JMM
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 17 May 2019, 03:39
JMMadison wrote:
I received an admit offer this morning.
It was transmitted a bit weird. I received an email from an adcom directing me to login to the application portal for the decision.
I guess I expected a personalized touch to it, or completely automated.
Either way, I am very happy and have a decision to make.

I wish all the others best of luck in the process.

JMM

That was fast! Less than 2 weeks! Congratulations!!!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 22 May 2019, 15:01
Hi all,
I have received more questions about the ESMT admissions process, particularly the essay questions, so I am going to elaborate / put some more thoughts out there.

For me, the hardest part about these essays was the length. The 'character limit' was so low on some of these, that I had to rewrite them multiple times to condense the information from my first drafts.

The first essay does give a generous 3,000 character limit for you to explain why you are choosing ESMT and what your short term and long term goals are. This should be one of the first exercises when choosing to pursue an MBA and subsequently should be tailored to each school applied to.

The second essay is about charity / volunteering activities. The 630 characters for this essay were a challenge for me due to some recent volunteering experience. Make sure to have something concrete here, and don't just tell them what you did and move on. Tell them why you did and how it made you feel, and most importantly how you were helping others from your actions.

The third essay is probably the more difficult for some of us. It was for me, and so I started tackling this one first. The premise is that you have just graduated and are taking a long road trip before starting work, who do you take and why? The last part of that is the most important. Again, I had trouble fitting the story into the 1,500 character limit, and had to rewrite multiple times. I actually changed my whole story a couple times on this one. In the end, I dont think they care where you go or what you actually do. I wrote about doing activities that I dislike all across the country, and probably said less than five sentences that mentioned anything about a road trip. The key is who you take with you, why you chose them, and what do you discuss. Think about the book 'Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance' - it is not about motorcycle maintenance and although it does take place during a road trip, that is not the main point either. It is about connections, relationships, and personal growth (on a basic level).

Good thing there is not a character limit on these posts... I guess I might have rambled a bit, but I hope it helps some of you tackle these essays and put some good thoughts down.

Good luck.

JMM
Intern
Intern
B
ESMT Berlin, January 2020 intake WhatsApp group  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Jun 2019, 10:37
Hello and congratulations on the acceptance!

My name is Michel (male, 29) from Beirut, Lebanon and would like to form a WhatsApp group with all admitted students so we can get to know each other and provide support for one another if needed.

Please PM me your number so I can add you to the group.

GMAT Club Bot
ESMT Berlin, January 2020 intake WhatsApp group   [#permalink] 28 Jun 2019, 10:37

Calling all ESMT Berlin MBA Applicants: Jan 2020 Intake

new topic post reply Update application status