Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 09:58 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 09:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
European Schools Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [1]
Given Kudos: 26
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1425 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8834 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 403 [3]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 580 Q47 V23
GMAT 2: 640 Q49 V27
GPA: 4
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Calling all IE IMBA Applicants: January 2020 Intake [#permalink]
Kudos
Hi TsarinaDaria,

I've applied for Jan-2020 intake. As my GMAT score is only 580, I took IEGAT (their own examination). None of the scores were satisfactory to them. So I'm planning to retake GMAT in January 2nd week around. The team has contacted me via phone and asked my plans on retaking GMAT. I explained my plans they said that they will park my application till I submit my second GMAT score. Preparing for GMAT now!!! Will keep you posted on my progress.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 700 Q37 V48
GPA: 3.98
Send PM
Kudos
eswarchethu135 thanks for your reply. I hope that everything will go really fine for you and you'll nail the GMAT in the nearest future! Personally, I did it twice and the second try was far better than the first one :)

workout thanks for the info! Yes, I applied last Friday. Seems that the application period for this intake has only just begun...

MBAPrepCoach, no I dont :) actually, IE is my favoutite and the only target because of some personal factors, but if I am not accepted, I’ll also consider other European b-schools

Posted from my mobile device
Send PM
Expert Reply
How is it going with the GMAT Prep eswarchethu135? Seems they must be interested in you as a candidate to be following up like that.
I can send over my GMAT Prep verbal course notes if you like.

eswarchethu135 wrote:
Hi TsarinaDaria,

I've applied for Jan-2020 intake. As my GMAT score is only 580, I took IEGAT (their own examination). None of the scores were satisfactory to them. So I'm planning to retake GMAT in January 2nd week around. The team has contacted me via phone and asked my plans on retaking GMAT. I explained my plans they said that they will park my application till I submit my second GMAT score. Preparing for GMAT now!!! Will keep you posted on my progress.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 403 [0]
Send PM
Hi MBAPrepCoach

Thanks for asking about my preparation. It is going well. I'm planning to take GMAT on 29th of January. I already informed this to IE team and they said they will be waiting to have my score in hand. I too expect that they are interested in my profile. I will inform my score to the team on 29th evening. It would be really helpful if you share verbal material with me. You can DM me for email id or any other details. Thanks in advance for helping!!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 403 [3]
Send PM
Kudos
Hi All,

I just got admitted into IE Business school for Jan 2020 intake. Anyone here who want to share their interview experience or application status or admission status are most welcome. Also, I am seeing for funding options for my course fee (EUR 72,000). I am from India and if anyone knew any choice of funding organizations please do let me know.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Hello eshwarchethu135,
Congratulations on your admit. I am also targeting IE for Jan 2020 intake.

Mind sharing when you submitted your application and how long the process was?

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 403 [2]
Send PM
Bookmarks
Hi SG06

Thanks! I applied to school in December first week around and then took IEGAT. But I was informed that my performance in IEGAT is not satisfactory. So I took GMAT again on Jan 29th and informed my score to the team. I got a mail on Feb 3rd stating that my interview will be on Feb 20th, 7:30 PM. The interview lasted for 45 mins. All the questions are very generic.
1) Tell me your short term and long term goals
2) Why MBA and why IE?
3) What inspired you to do an MBA?
4) How can you add value to the class if admitted?
5) Tell me the biggest challenge you overcome recently and your role in persuading other members during the process.
6) Tell me about your leisure time activities and on what basis you chose them.
7) How did your career evolve?

These are the questions asked to me. The interview went very smoothly and the interviewer said I will be informed about the decision, not more than by 2 weeks. Luckily, I was informed in 8 days. Though I got admission my problem now is financing my MBA tuition fees. It's really very big amount and being from India it's difficult to get bank loans for that amount without any security. Anyone knew any sources of funding for IE MBA please message me or do reply to this post.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Thanks so much for posting the interview questions! I imagine you know about Prodigy?
eswarchethu135 wrote:
Hi SG06

Thanks! I applied to school in December first week around and then took IEGAT. But I was informed that my performance in IEGAT is not satisfactory. So I took GMAT again on Jan 29th and informed my score to the team. I got a mail on Feb 3rd stating that my interview will be on Feb 20th, 7:30 PM. The interview lasted for 45 mins. All the questions are very generic.
1) Tell me your short term and long term goals
2) Why MBA and why IE?
3) What inspired you to do an MBA?
4) How can you add value to the class if admitted?
5) Tell me the biggest challenge you overcome recently and your role in persuading other members during the process.
6) Tell me about your leisure time activities and on what basis you chose them.
7) How did your career evolve?

These are the questions asked to me. The interview went very smoothly and the interviewer said I will be informed about the decision, not more than by 2 weeks. Luckily, I was informed in 8 days. Though I got admission my problem now is financing my MBA tuition fees. It's really very big amount and being from India it's difficult to get bank loans for that amount without any security. Anyone knew any sources of funding for IE MBA please message me or do reply to this post.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Hi,
Prodigy doesn't support IE business school.

Send PM
Expert Reply
Oh wow! They lost their ranking in FT last year and this is quite a detrimental result of that, I believe. Have they offered you any guidance on solutions? I do know that Spanish banks are actually quite open to sponsoring international grads from Spanish b-schools.
eswarchethu135 wrote:
Hi,

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
Oh wow! They lost their ranking in FT last year and this is quite a detrimental result of that, I believe. Have they offered you any guidance on solutions? I do know that Spanish banks are actually quite open to sponsoring international grads from Spanish b-schools.
eswarchethu135 wrote:
Hi,

I mailed them asking to guide me on financing options but no response till now. Also it would be great if you suggest few Spanish banks which are open to fund abroad students to study in Spain.

Originally posted by eswarchethu135 on 01 Mar 2019, 08:01.
Last edited by eswarchethu135 on 01 Mar 2019, 08:06, edited 1 time in total.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Sorry to hear that. I'm afraid I am not in the loop on which banks specifically.
eswarchethu135 wrote:
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
eswarchethu135 wrote:
Hi,

I mailed them asking to guide me on financing options but no response till now. Also it would be great if you suggest few Spanish banks which are open to fund abroad students to study in France.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Hi,

I just got a reply from them. They recommended Sabadell bank from Spain to which they have some tie up. But after reading the whole process, I felt its better to get a loan or finance from my country than going through all the process they have said. I think my plans for this school is going to drop soon. I don't find a source to fund my tuition fees. I really feel strange that Prodigy doesn't have IE business school in their list and I can't apply for a loan from them. I personally feel prodigy is the best source to fund tuition fees easily.

MBAPrepCoach

Does fall in rankings mean any change in their education standards? Can you elaborate your explanation, please?
Send PM
Expert Reply
eswarchethu135 wrote:
Hi,

I just got a reply from them. They recommended Sabadell bank from Spain to which they have some tie up. But after reading the whole process, I felt its better to get a loan or finance from my country than going through all the process they have said. I think my plans for this school is going to drop soon. I don't find a source to fund my tuition fees. I really feel strange that Prodigy doesn't have IE business school in their list and I can't apply for a loan from them. I personally feel prodigy is the best source to fund tuition fees easily.

MBAPrepCoach

Does fall in rankings mean any change in their education standards? Can you elaborate your explanation, please?
It depends on the reasons for the fall in rankings. There are a lot of different factors and the quality of the education is only one. What happened is they had some type of skirmish with regards to the questionnaire for the financial times and so they were dropped out from last year and this year they placed 31 but in the past had been in the top 10 for many years.

I do believe that Prodigy has probably dropped them for this reason because they are no longer seen as the same level of Investments as they might have been in the past.

It's really quite sad because I do think there are a lot of great things about this school but if it's a struggle to get financing and there's some kind of a issue figuring out loans from Spanish Banks then I guess they're just not really in competition.

You might want to take a look at other schools that have a January intake like HEC, IMD, RSM. Insead if you have the qualifications. Apply quickly.

https://mbaprepcoach.com
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 403 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
eswarchethu135 wrote:
Hi,

MBAPrepCoach

It depends on the reasons for the fall in rankings. There are a lot of different factors and the quality of the education is only one. What happened is they had some type of skirmish with regards to the questionnaire for the financial times and so they were dropped out from last year and this year they placed 31 but in the past had been in the top 10 for many years.

I do believe that Prodigy has probably dropped them for this reason because they are no longer seen as the same level of Investments as they might have been in the past.

It's really quite sad because I do think there are a lot of great things about this school but if it's a struggle to get financing and there's some kind of a issue figuring out loans from Spanish Banks then I guess they're just not really in competition.

You might want to take a look at other schools that have a January intake like HEC, IMD, RSM. Insead if you have the qualifications. Apply quickly.

https://mbaprepcoach.com

Thank you so much for your inputs. I also have an admit from EDHEC Business School for Sept 2019 intake and I have the loan approved for entire tuition fee from prodigy for this. But just thought that may IE can be a better choice compared with EDHEC. But now I changed my decision and would go with EDHEC only. Thanks again!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
eswarchethu135 wrote:
Hi All,

I just got admitted into IE Business school for Jan 2020 intake. Anyone here who want to share their interview experience or application status or admission status are most welcome. Also, I am seeing for funding options for my course fee (EUR 72,000). I am from India and if anyone knew any choice of funding organizations please do let me know.

Hi, can you please recommend the better option out of the video, essay and presentation mode to answer the essay question?! This would be of really great help

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
ayushtyagi wrote:
eswarchethu135 wrote:
Hi All,

Hi, can you please recommend the better option out of the video, essay and presentation mode to answer the essay question?! This would be of really great help

Hi,

I chose video format to answer the essay. Through a video, I can show my communication skills, expressions, my thought process, etc. As I've opted for language test exemption, I chose video format to clear their queries.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts