Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 17:24 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 17:24

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10017 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Re: Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (Sept 2019 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
paigety wrote:
Hi! I was just accepted - do you know if there's a Facebook/LinkedIn group for our class yet?

Congrats! What is your application timeline?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [2]
Send PM
Re: Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (Sept 2019 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]
Kudos
Bookmarks
Narenn wrote:
paigety wrote:
Hi! I was just accepted - do you know if there's a Facebook/LinkedIn group for our class yet?

I took the GMAT in January and then submitted my application in July (it was quick and easy). Within 2 days of submission (I sent it on a Friday and then on Tuesday) I was invited for a Skype interview for the following week. About a week after the Skype interview I received my decision.

So all in all about 2 weeks, but this was also during the priority period, so when more applications start coming in, it might be a bit slower.

Good luck on your app!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
paigety wrote:
Narenn wrote:
paigety wrote:

I took the GMAT in January and then submitted my application in July (it was quick and easy). Within 2 days of submission (I sent it on a Friday and then on Tuesday) I was invited for a Skype interview for the following week. About a week after the Skype interview I received my decision.

So all in all about 2 weeks, but this was also during the priority period, so when more applications start coming in, it might be a bit slower.

Good luck on your app!

Also, I went ahead and made a Facebook group for this intake, since I couldn't find one. The name of the group is: IE IMBA Sept 2019 Intake
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi there!!

I got admitted last Saturday, happy to join you guys :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Send PM
Bookmarks
Daisyv wrote:
Hi there!!

I got admitted last Saturday, happy to join you guys :)

Congratulations!! I made a Facebook group, so if you accept your offer feel free to join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/225092178361415/
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
Congrats to both of you - paigety and Daisyv. Could you guys take some time to write about your background and a brief summary of your application journey? It would help immensely to others who are going through the process currently.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Narenn wrote:
Congrats to both of you - paigety and Daisyv. Could you guys take some time to write about your background and a brief summary of your application journey? It would help immensely to others who are going through the process currently.

Sure. I have 4 years of Marketing experience in the US, Austria, and Hungary at both multi-nationals and start-ups. I speak 3 languages, including Spanish, although I don't think this makes a difference in the application.

I started my application in July 2018 - it was pretty quick. I think I spent approx 2 weeks on it - I did the video essay, which took a bit more time. I submitted it on a Thursday or Friday and by Monday I got the link for the pre-recorded video interview - it has a 1 week time limit! I did that on a Tuesday or Wednesday and submitted it that day. The 3 questions were interesting and fun to answer.

Within 1-1.5 weeks, I was invited for a Skype interview. I was travelling for work the day they offered, so I emailed back requesting a different day/time and they happily obliged.

I had some Skype connectivity issues, but the interviewer was nice and laid back; it lasted approx 45 minutes. It was more conversational, I think he asked 4 pointed questions and the rest of the time we just talked. About 3 weeks after that I received my acceptance letter!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 640 Q51 V51
GPA: 3.42
Send PM
Has anyone applied outside priority period? I submitted my application on 1st of Oct, Completed my KIRA assessment on 6th of Oct.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM