GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Jan 2019, 02:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in January
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
303112345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
272829303112
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all University of Hong Kong (HKU MBA) Applicants: 2019 Intake!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 21 Feb 2012
Posts: 5991
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Calling all University of Hong Kong (HKU MBA) Applicants: 2019 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Aug 2018, 21:12
Welcome to all HKU 2019 Intake applicants. Use this platform to meet fellow applicants, exchange ideas/information, discuss application strategies, share interview/school visit experiences, and boost each other's morale to face the tough admission process.

Happy networking!


_________________

Chances of Getting Admitted After an Interview [Data Crunch]


Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 21 Feb 2012
Posts: 5991
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Calling all University of Hong Kong (HKU MBA) Applicants: 2019 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Aug 2018, 21:23
Manager
Manager
avatar
G
Joined: 28 Jun 2018
Posts: 147
Location: India
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
Schools: CUHK '21 (II)
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GPA: 4
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling all University of Hong Kong (HKU MBA) Applicants: 2019 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2018, 21:39
Hi
Can anyone share the HKU MBA essay questions
_________________

What to do if you are new to GMAT:
https://gmatclub.com/forum/what-to-do-if-you-are-new-272708.html#p2108758

GMAC official guides : https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmac-official-guides-the-master-directory-links-240610.html#p1854935

Give me kudos if you like it , it's totally harmless :)

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 01 Jun 2017
Posts: 9
Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
GMAT 1: 600 Q41 V32
GPA: 3.6
WE: Sales (Transportation)
Re: Calling all University of Hong Kong (HKU MBA) Applicants: 2019 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2018, 08:17
1
GMATbuster92 wrote:
Hi
Can anyone share the HKU MBA essay questions



Please provide below a statement explaining why you are interested in doing this programme, why you are suitable for it and the value of the MBA programme to your future career.
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 21 Feb 2012
Posts: 5991
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Calling all University of Hong Kong (HKU MBA) Applicants: 2019 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2018, 08:33
aaksii wrote:
GMATbuster92 wrote:
Hi
Can anyone share the HKU MBA essay questions


Please provide below a statement explaining why you are interested in doing this programme, why you are suitable for it and the value of the MBA programme to your future career.


Thank you! Essay analysis and tips for HKU essays posted anywhere?
_________________

Chances of Getting Admitted After an Interview [Data Crunch]


Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 23 Jun 2018
Posts: 28
Location: India
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
WE: Sales (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
CAT Tests
Calling all University of Hong Kong (HKU MBA) Applicants: 2019 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2018, 08:34
1
Can someone guide for more insights on the best courses of this bschool?

Posted from my mobile device
_________________

If you liked my post, kindly give me a Kudos. Thanks.
b]Krunali Gokani[/b]

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 01 Jun 2017
Posts: 9
Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
GMAT 1: 600 Q41 V32
GPA: 3.6
WE: Sales (Transportation)
Re: Calling all University of Hong Kong (HKU MBA) Applicants: 2019 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2018, 08:49
1
Narenn wrote:
aaksii wrote:
GMATbuster92 wrote:
Hi
Can anyone share the HKU MBA essay questions


Please provide below a statement explaining why you are interested in doing this programme, why you are suitable for it and the value of the MBA programme to your future career.


Thank you! Essay analysis and tips for HKU essays posted anywhere?


I haven't been able to find any essay analysis or tips specific to HKU MBA. They have a Skype chat on Thursdays which one can register for and speak to admissions team.

Infact I am trying to find out whether 2 professional or one academic and one professional MBA would be better, in case you have any idea?
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 21 Feb 2012
Posts: 5991
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Calling all University of Hong Kong (HKU MBA) Applicants: 2019 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2018, 01:57
1
aaksii wrote:
I haven't been able to find any essay analysis or tips specific to HKU MBA. They have a Skype chat on Thursdays which one can register for and speak to admissions team.

Infact I am trying to find out whether 2 professional or one academic and one professional MBA would be better, in case you have any idea?


Nope dude! :) They (HKU adcom) used to visit our chat rooms and interact with applicants earlier. It all has stopped since last couple of years and since then attending their Skype chats is the only way to get answers to questions like this.
_________________

Chances of Getting Admitted After an Interview [Data Crunch]


Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 19 Sep 2018
Posts: 10
Location: United States
Re: Calling all University of Hong Kong (HKU MBA) Applicants: 2019 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2018, 08:32
Admits have started rolling out. Anyone else get admitted?
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 20 Apr 2018
Posts: 92
Re: Calling all University of Hong Kong (HKU MBA) Applicants: 2019 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2018, 06:56
Can someone please post their interview debrief ???

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 20 Apr 2018
Posts: 92
Re: Calling all University of Hong Kong (HKU MBA) Applicants: 2019 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2018, 06:57
seetohey wrote:
Admits have started rolling out. Anyone else get admitted?


Can you please share your interview debrief

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 19 Sep 2018
Posts: 10
Location: United States
Re: Calling all University of Hong Kong (HKU MBA) Applicants: 2019 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2018, 07:08
UM1 wrote:
seetohey wrote:
Admits have started rolling out. Anyone else get admitted?


Can you please share your interview debrief

Posted from my mobile device


The interview was literally just standard introduce yourself, why now, why MBA, why HKU type questions. Since I have quite a bit of work experience, a lot of their questions centered around why I'm pursuing an MBA now rather than years earlier. This part lasted around 18 minutes. The last 12 minutes were me asking them questions. The whole interview lasted pretty much exactly 30 minutes for me.
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 20 Apr 2018
Posts: 92
Re: Calling all University of Hong Kong (HKU MBA) Applicants: 2019 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2018, 07:11
seetohey wrote:
UM1 wrote:
seetohey wrote:
Admits have started rolling out. Anyone else get admitted?


Can you please share your interview debrief

Posted from my mobile device


The interview was literally just standard introduce yourself, why now, why MBA, why HKU type questions. Since I have quite a bit of work experience, a lot of their questions centered around why I'm pursuing an MBA now rather than years earlier. This part lasted around 18 minutes. The last 12 minutes were me asking them questions. The whole interview lasted pretty much exactly 30 minutes for me.


Can we ask that employment related questions also ? When they ask if we have any questions for them ?
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 20 Apr 2018
Posts: 92
Re: Calling all University of Hong Kong (HKU MBA) Applicants: 2019 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2018, 07:12
seetohey wrote:
UM1 wrote:
seetohey wrote:
Admits have started rolling out. Anyone else get admitted?


Can you please share your interview debrief

Posted from my mobile device


The interview was literally just standard introduce yourself, why now, why MBA, why HKU type questions. Since I have quite a bit of work experience, a lot of their questions centered around why I'm pursuing an MBA now rather than years earlier. This part lasted around 18 minutes. The last 12 minutes were me asking them questions. The whole interview lasted pretty much exactly 30 minutes for me.


Did they ask you industry specific questions also ?
Also, can we ask them employment related questions when they ask us if we have questions for them ? What did you ask them ?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 19 Sep 2018
Posts: 10
Location: United States
Re: Calling all University of Hong Kong (HKU MBA) Applicants: 2019 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2018, 09:02
UM1 wrote:
Did they ask you industry specific questions also ?
Also, can we ask them employment related questions when they ask us if we have questions for them ? What did you ask them ?


They didn't ask me any industry specific questions. I asked about internships during the program and challenges of finding employment post-MBA.
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 20 Apr 2018
Posts: 92
Re: Calling all University of Hong Kong (HKU MBA) Applicants: 2019 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2018, 09:09
seetohey wrote:
UM1 wrote:
Did they ask you industry specific questions also ?
Also, can we ask them employment related questions when they ask us if we have questions for them ? What did you ask them ?


They didn't ask me any industry specific questions. I asked about internships during the program and challenges of finding employment post-MBA.


I have clearly written that I want to come back to India after my MBA. Should I stick to this story or say it's my preference however I am also flexible at the same time?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 19 Sep 2018
Posts: 10
Location: United States
Re: Calling all University of Hong Kong (HKU MBA) Applicants: 2019 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2018, 09:54
UM1 wrote:
seetohey wrote:
UM1 wrote:
Did they ask you industry specific questions also ?
Also, can we ask them employment related questions when they ask us if we have questions for them ? What did you ask them ?


They didn't ask me any industry specific questions. I asked about internships during the program and challenges of finding employment post-MBA.


I have clearly written that I want to come back to India after my MBA. Should I stick to this story or say it's my preference however I am also flexible at the same time?

Posted from my mobile device


You could stick to that story and say that's still your plan as of right now. Maybe mention that you're also keeping an open mind as going through an MBA program may lead to a change of plans since it may expose you to opportunities outside of your original area.
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
Joined: 22 May 2017
Posts: 1928
Concentration: Nonprofit
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling all University of Hong Kong (HKU MBA) Applicants: 2019 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Nov 2018, 01:30
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
Joined: 22 May 2017
Posts: 1928
Concentration: Nonprofit
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling all University of Hong Kong (HKU MBA) Applicants: 2019 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Nov 2018, 01:31
UM1 wrote:
seetohey wrote:
Admits have started rolling out. Anyone else get admitted?


Can you please share your interview debrief

Posted from my mobile device


UM1

You can see more interview debriefs here https://gmatclub.com/forum/the-universi ... brief.html
_________________

New project wSTAT(which Schools To Apply To?)

GMATClub School Ambassador

Live Decision Tracker | Interview Debriefs

New - RC Butler - 2 RC's everyday

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 20 Apr 2018
Posts: 92
Re: Calling all University of Hong Kong (HKU MBA) Applicants: 2019 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2018, 20:07
Anyone got an offer yet ?

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all University of Hong Kong (HKU MBA) Applicants: 2019 Intake! &nbs [#permalink] 17 Dec 2018, 20:07

Go to page    1   2    Next  [ 29 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all University of Hong Kong (HKU MBA) Applicants: 2019 Intake!

  new topic post reply Update application status  


Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.