GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 06 Dec 2019, 13:08

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Hitotsubashi ICS MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake!!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 30 Jun 2014
Posts: 6
Location: Japan
Schools: Japan MBA (S)
GMAT 1: 600 Q41 V33
GPA: 3.5
WE: Project Management (Real Estate)
Calling all Hitotsubashi ICS MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Sep 2018, 23:04
1
Welcome everyone to the Hitosubhashi 2019 Intake applicants discussion. Use this platform to know each other, exchange ideas/information, discuss application strategies, share interview/school visit experiences, etc. Good luck!

Add Hitotsubashi to your profile

MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 22 Feb 2012
Posts: 7297
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all Hitotsubashi ICS MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Sep 2018, 23:11

Deadlines


Round 1:
Applications received: Late November to early January
Interviews held: Early February
Admissions decided: Mid-February

Round 2:
Applications received: Late January to early March
Interviews held: Late March
Admissions decided: Mid-April
_________________
2020 MBA Applicants: Introduce Yourself Here!

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

2020 MBA Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis of all top MBA programs
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 22 Feb 2012
Posts: 7297
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all Hitotsubashi ICS MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Sep 2018, 00:33

Application Essays



Essay Topics:
  • You are who you are through your life experiences. Tell us about yourself, your upbringing, individuals who have had the greatest impact in your life, and events that have influenced who you are. What experience has become most important to you personally? We want to know you as a person. Looking ahead, what are your future professional goals and your business dreams? What excites you? How has this led to your application to the International Corporate Strategy Program? We want to know about the career path you have in mind.
    (Maximum 1,000 words)
  • Successful leaders are able to learn from failure. Describe your biggest non-academic setback, disappointment, or regret to date. What did you learn from that experience?
    (Maximum 300 words)
  • The mission of the International Corporate Strategy Program is to develop leaders capable of initiating, implementing, and managing innovation. Describe a specific situation in which you led innovation or change in an organization. Explain the impact this experience had on the organization, as well as on your own values/beliefs.
    (Maximum 300 words)
  • (OPTIONAL) Is there any other information that you believe would be helpful to the Admissions Committee in considering your candidacy?
    (Maximum 300 words)
  • (OPTIONAL) How did you become interested in the International Corporate Strategy Program at Hitotsubashi University? Please identify specific information sources, including publications, the Internet, students, faculty, friends, etc.


Instructions: Your essays must be typed in 12-point font. Limit your responses to the maximum number of words designated for each question. Use standard, double line spacing. Your name should appear at the top of each separate sheet of paper. The number of the essay question should precede each essay.
_________________
2020 MBA Applicants: Introduce Yourself Here!

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

2020 MBA Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis of all top MBA programs
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 22 Feb 2012
Posts: 7297
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all Hitotsubashi ICS MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Sep 2018, 00:37
Any prospective Hitotsubashi applicants here?
_________________
2020 MBA Applicants: Introduce Yourself Here!

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

2020 MBA Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis of all top MBA programs
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 30 Jun 2014
Posts: 6
Location: Japan
Schools: Japan MBA (S)
GMAT 1: 600 Q41 V33
GPA: 3.5
WE: Project Management (Real Estate)
Re: Calling all Hitotsubashi ICS MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Oct 2018, 21:03
Narenn wrote:
Any prospective Hitotsubashi applicants here?


Good day,
I am planning to apply for the 2019 intake.

Would really appreciate if you could give any tips on the application to this school.
I have researched all the information available on the internet and reached out to the Alumni. :)
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 08 May 2018
Posts: 4
Location: Japan
Schools: Japan MBA
Re: Calling all Hitotsubashi ICS MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2018, 19:23
Minira wrote:
Narenn wrote:
Any prospective Hitotsubashi applicants here?


Good day,
I am planning to apply for the 2019 intake.

Would really appreciate if you could give any tips on the application to this school.
I have researched all the information available on the internet and reached out to the Alumni. :)


Hello everybody! Hi Minira,

I am also planning to apply for the 2019 intake!

I still need to take my GMAT though, write my essays and get my diplomas and their translation from my country but everything should be ready by the end of the month.

Did you get any interesting information from the Alumni? I visited the school last week to ask a few questions and get the feel of it.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 30 Jun 2014
Posts: 6
Location: Japan
Schools: Japan MBA (S)
GMAT 1: 600 Q41 V33
GPA: 3.5
WE: Project Management (Real Estate)
Re: Calling all Hitotsubashi ICS MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2018, 17:49
nannke wrote:
Minira wrote:
Narenn wrote:
Any prospective Hitotsubashi applicants here?


Good day,
I am planning to apply for the 2019 intake.

Would really appreciate if you could give any tips on the application to this school.
I have researched all the information available on the internet and reached out to the Alumni. :)


Hello everybody! Hi Minira,

I am also planning to apply for the 2019 intake!

I still need to take my GMAT though, write my essays and get my diplomas and their translation from my country but everything should be ready by the end of the month.

Did you get any interesting information from the Alumni? I visited the school last week to ask a few questions and get the feel of it.


Hi there!

Regarding interesting information.
It was very interesting to listen to the current students and alumnus stories: how did they get there, what were their goals.
There is plenty of information about the admissions for Hitotsubashi ICS on the website and on info session, so I rather focused on understanding the profile of people that were accepted.
I was worried that the admission committee would prefer applicants with a consulting background. However, I was surprised by the difference in the backgrounds of the students.

What about you? ^^
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 08 May 2018
Posts: 4
Location: Japan
Schools: Japan MBA
Re: Calling all Hitotsubashi ICS MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2018, 18:23
I am actually not surprised to hear about such differences in the students backgrounds! The more diversity there is, the more interesting it gets for the students (and the teachers, I believe).

I most probably also have an unusual profile. I am a 31 girl from Belgium who graduated in French linguistics. I currently teach French and manage the school I work in.
As for my goals, I want to create my own thing in the cultural/educational/self improvement industry.

What about you?
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 22 Feb 2012
Posts: 7297
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all Hitotsubashi ICS MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2018, 02:50
1
Nice to see some conversation happening here. Good luck to both of you in your apps. Keep us posted about your app/interview experience as you progress through the application process. As you know, there's not much information about Japanese MBA programs available here and your inputs would certainly provide some pointers to future applicants.
_________________
2020 MBA Applicants: Introduce Yourself Here!

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

2020 MBA Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis of all top MBA programs
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 30 Jun 2014
Posts: 6
Location: Japan
Schools: Japan MBA (S)
GMAT 1: 600 Q41 V33
GPA: 3.5
WE: Project Management (Real Estate)
Re: Calling all Hitotsubashi ICS MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2018, 18:23
nannke wrote:
I am actually not surprised to hear about such differences in the students backgrounds! The more diversity there is, the more interesting it gets for the students (and the teachers, I believe).

I most probably also have an unusual profile. I am a 31 girl from Belgium who graduated in French linguistics. I currently teach French and manage the school I work in.
As for my goals, I want to create my own thing in the cultural/educational/self improvement industry.

What about you?


Very interesting and indeed unusual ^^

I am coming from a family of entrepreneurs and want to become one in the future :)
I graduated with a Bachelors in Economics and moved to Japan six years ago.
Studied in a Japanese language school for two years and after graduation worked part and full-time in Japanese companies as Business Development and Project Manager.

I have a solid plan for the next five years if I will be lucky to get accepted to Hitotsubashi ICS. :)

If I get accepted I promise to start a youtube channel/blog and give more information about admission. :D
I agree that there is a lack of information, although current students are EXTREMELY helpful when contacting them directly.
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
Joined: 22 May 2017
Posts: 2686
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Hitotsubashi ICS MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2018, 03:40
Minira wrote:
If I get accepted I promise to start a youtube channel/blog and give more information about admission. :D
I agree that there is a lack of information, although current students are EXTREMELY helpful when contacting them directly.


Minira

Keep us updated on how your application goes. We are certainly willing to make your work reach to the broader community through GMATClub.
_________________
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 30 Jun 2014
Posts: 6
Location: Japan
Schools: Japan MBA (S)
GMAT 1: 600 Q41 V33
GPA: 3.5
WE: Project Management (Real Estate)
Re: Calling all Hitotsubashi ICS MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2018, 17:52
2
workout wrote:
Minira wrote:
If I get accepted I promise to start a youtube channel/blog and give more information about admission. :D
I agree that there is a lack of information, although current students are EXTREMELY helpful when contacting them directly.


Minira

Keep us updated on how your application goes. We are certainly willing to make your work reach to the broader community through GMATClub.


Sure, I would love to contribute!

The results of the first screening will be available on January, 22nd.
Hopefully, I will pass and would be able to share more information about the process. ^^
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
Joined: 22 May 2017
Posts: 2686
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Hitotsubashi ICS MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2018, 00:42
1
Minira wrote:
Sure, I would love to contribute!

The results of the first screening will be available on January, 22nd.
Hopefully, I will pass and would be able to share more information about the process. ^^


Thank you Minira

FYI, I've also transferred the ownership of this thread to you. It is your thread now :)

Looking forward to January 22nd.
_________________
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 30 Jun 2014
Posts: 6
Location: Japan
Schools: Japan MBA (S)
GMAT 1: 600 Q41 V33
GPA: 3.5
WE: Project Management (Real Estate)
Re: Calling all Hitotsubashi ICS MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2018, 00:44
1
workout wrote:
Minira wrote:
Sure, I would love to contribute!

The results of the first screening will be available on January, 22nd.
Hopefully, I will pass and would be able to share more information about the process. ^^


Thank you Minira

FYI, I've also transferred the ownership of this thread to you. It is your thread now :)

Looking forward to January 22nd.


wow!
Thank you so much :)

If I do not pass, I will share more information on my profile and will try to analyze the reasons why I was rejected.
I think that also might be helpful for future applicants.
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
Joined: 22 May 2017
Posts: 2686
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Hitotsubashi ICS MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2018, 00:47
1
Minira wrote:
workout wrote:
Minira wrote:
Sure, I would love to contribute!

The results of the first screening will be available on January, 22nd.
Hopefully, I will pass and would be able to share more information about the process. ^^


Thank you Minira

FYI, I've also transferred the ownership of this thread to you. It is your thread now :)

Looking forward to January 22nd.


wow!
Thank you so much :)

If I do not pass, I will share more information on my profile and will try to analyze the reasons why I was rejected.
I think that also might be helpful for future applicants.


Definitely Minira We can use all the learnings from your application experience.
_________________
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 08 May 2018
Posts: 4
Location: Japan
Schools: Japan MBA
Calling all Hitotsubashi ICS MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2018, 19:04
2
I just registered for the Open Campus day that will be held on Friday, January the 18th.

http://www.ics.hub.hit-u.ac.jp/events/2 ... 61018.html

Anybody wants to come along? Minira, would you like to go too?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 25 Feb 2018
Posts: 8
Location: Japan
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 540 Q47 V18
GPA: 3.57
Re: Calling all Hitotsubashi ICS MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Jan 2019, 21:50
Hello,

Did you guys pass the first screening?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Jan 2019
Posts: 2
GPA: 2.99
WE: Manufacturing and Production (Health Care)
Re: Calling all Hitotsubashi ICS MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Jan 2019, 05:52
Hi guys,

Does anyone know if 600 points for GMAT is a strict rule for admission? If so I am in trouble :(
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 25 Feb 2018
Posts: 8
Location: Japan
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 540 Q47 V18
GPA: 3.57
Re: Calling all Hitotsubashi ICS MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2019, 22:03
yusufjoseph wrote:
Hi guys,

Does anyone know if 600 points for GMAT is a strict rule for admission? If so I am in trouble :(


I think that the school is not strict about it.
I passed the first screening with a score of 490.
You can submit your new score again 3 days prior to the interview date, though.
It does not accept the score update unless you pass first screening.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 15 Feb 2019
Posts: 4
Re: Calling all Hitotsubashi ICS MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2019, 01:24
Hello All,

Is there any one who passed the interview round?

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Hitotsubashi ICS MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake!!   [#permalink] 15 Feb 2019, 01:24

Go to page    1   2    Next  [ 35 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Hitotsubashi ICS MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake!!

  new topic post reply Update application status  





Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne