Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 15:17 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 15:17

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [14]
Given Kudos: 12
Schools: Ivey '22 (A$)
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V32
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Given Kudos: 15
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V33
GPA: 3
Send PM
BSchool Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 344 [0]
Given Kudos: 482
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.65
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [2]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Re: Ivey (Western) Full Time MBA (2021 Intake) Class of 2022 [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Thank you so much for sharing your experience Suraj! You sound like a great communicator btw.

Suraj Sathyanarayana wrote:
Hey guys!

Realized that there wasn't a thread for the 2021 intake for the full-time Ivey MBA program. Submitted my application on the 5th of January 2020. R1 Deadline was Jan 6th.

Sharing future deadlines for the others:

Application Round Deadline
Round 1 January 6, 2020
Round 2 April 6, 2020
Round 3 July 13, 2020
Round 4* September 21, 2020
Round 5 November 9, 2020
Round 6 January 4, 2021

Sharing my feedback on the application process:

Video Essay - Pretty straightforward. You have unlimited attempts at the practice questions. You get 2 questions randomly out of a pool of about 150 questions. My questions were - "What is the one thing about yourself that you haven't shared with us in the application" and "What would you do if a team member stopped responding to your calls? How would you respond to that?"

The written essays seemed simple but it is a challenge to crisp this out to 250 words. You'll really know how little 250 words is, when you're writing this.

If you've done your schooling and under graduation in English - PLEASE WRITE THE ELPT NOTE. I've seen many folks writing IELTS Academic/TOEFL for this. You don't have to if you can convince them that English has been your mode of communication during both academia and professional journies.

Would love to hear about interview invites/dates etc from the others applying for this intake.
BSchool Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 344 [0]
Send PM
adityan92 wrote:
Thank you Suraj for creating this,Ivey if I am not wrong reviews application on a rolling basis. I am planning to apply in a few weeks. Did you hear back from them though? Also were you in touch with anyone from college?

Posted from my mobile device

Well, as you say, they accept students on a rolling basis, which means they will not wait until the deadline of the applications to review the students' profile. As far as I know, they are very fast at evaluating the candidates and feedbacking.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Send PM
adityan92 wrote:
Thank you Suraj for creating this,Ivey if I am not wrong reviews application on a rolling basis. I am planning to apply in a few weeks. Did you hear back from them though? Also were you in touch with anyone from college?

Hey Adityan92!

You're right. They do review this on a rolling admission basis. Nope, haven't heard back from them yet. Generally, they do respond within 2 weeks. But the R1 deadline for 2021, was also the R6 deadline for 2020. I presume that's the cause of the delay. They're probably chockablock with applications right now.

And for the question about folks from the college, yes! Lindsay Lippmann from the Admissions & Recruitment team. In fact, I met her when she was in Bangalore. The Ivey team is very warm and open. Go ahead and drop them a note as well if you'd like. Been in touch with JD Clarke as well - the Executive Director of Admissions too. Apart from this, be in touch with quite a few alums as well for their feedback, thoughts etc through the process.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
adityan92 wrote:

Hey Adityan92!

You're right. They do review this on a rolling admission basis. Nope, haven't heard back from them yet. Generally, they do respond within 2 weeks. But the R1 deadline for 2021, was also the R6 deadline for 2020. I presume that's the cause of the delay. They're probably chockablock with applications right now.

And for the question about folks from the college, yes! Lindsay Lippmann from the Admissions & Recruitment team. In fact, I met her when she was in Bangalore. The Ivey team is very warm and open. Go ahead and drop them a note as well if you'd like. Been in touch with JD Clarke as well - the Executive Director of Admissions too. Apart from this, be in touch with quite a few alums as well for their feedback, thoughts etc through the process.

Oh I agree, I have been in touch with Lindsay, couldn't meet her in bangalore but I did inform her that I will be applying for the 2021 intake. I hopefully should be completing the application by this month end.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
tyildirim92 wrote:
Hey guys!

Realized that there wasn't a thread for the 2021 intake for the full-time Ivey MBA program. Submitted my application on the 5th of January 2020. R1 Deadline was Jan 6th.

Round 1 January 6, 2020
Round 2 April 6, 2020
Round 3 July 13, 2020
Round 5 November 9, 2020
Round 6 January 4, 2021

Video Essay - Pretty straightforward. You have unlimited attempts at the practice questions. You get 2 questions randomly out of a pool of about 150 questions. My questions were - "What is the one thing about yourself that you haven't shared with us in the application" and "What would you do if a team member stopped responding to your calls? How would you respond to that?"

The written essays seemed simple but it is a challenge to crisp this out to 250 words. You'll really know how little 250 words is, when you're writing this.

If you've done your schooling and under graduation in English - PLEASE WRITE THE ELPT NOTE. I've seen many folks writing IELTS Academic/TOEFL for this. You don't have to if you can convince them that English has been your mode of communication during both academia and professional journies.

Would love to hear about interview invites/dates etc from the others applying for this intake.

Hey,

Best of luck, bro. If Ivey will be the best for you, I wish you get accepted soon. Please share your profile (i.e. GMAT, TOEFL scores, GPA, Work experiences) with us and update us on your progress.

Hey!

Mixed bag profile, tbh.

GMAT - 660.
Work Experience - 7.5 years (Sales profile across technology startups. Engineer turned salesperson across Zomato, Roadrunnr (Core team and strategy) and Belong. Currently heading sales across APAC for a fin-tech startup).
Undergraduation - MIT Manipal. Mechtatronics Engineer.
Involved for the last 6 years with the Robin Hood Army (Check this out) and in the core expansion team.

Looking at consulting roles post Ivey!

Cheers.
BSchool Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 344 [1]
Send PM
tyildirim92 wrote:
Hey guys!

Round 1 January 6, 2020
Round 2 April 6, 2020
Round 3 July 13, 2020
Round 5 November 9, 2020
Round 6 January 4, 2021

Hey,

Best of luck, bro. If Ivey will be the best for you, I wish you get accepted soon. Please share your profile (i.e. GMAT, TOEFL scores, GPA, Work experiences) with us and update us on your progress.

Hey!

Mixed bag profile, tbh.

GMAT - 660.
Work Experience - 7.5 years (Sales profile across technology startups. Engineer turned salesperson across Zomato, Roadrunnr (Core team and strategy) and Belong. Currently heading sales across APAC for a fin-tech startup).
Undergraduation - MIT Manipal. Mechtatronics Engineer.
Involved for the last 6 years with the Robin Hood Army (Check this out) and in the core expansion team.

Looking at consulting roles post Ivey!

Cheers.

Impressive!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
Hi Guys - Did anyone hear back?
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [1]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hey guys! Realized that there wasn't a thread for the 2021 intake for the full-time Ivey MBA program. Submitted my application on the 5th of January 2020. R1 Deadline was Jan 6th.

Thanks Suraj for starting a thread for 2021 intake.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
adityan92 wrote:
Hi Guys - Did anyone hear back?

Not yet, Adityen!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Finally, got an interview invite.

Mine's slated for the 10th of February. Time to get prepping for that now.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8832 [3]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Kudos