GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Sep 2019, 00:31

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Ivey(Ontario) Class of 2021(March 2020 intake): Calling all Applicants

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Re: Ivey(Ontario) Class of 2021(March 2020 intake): Calling all Applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Aug 2019, 11:39
Pakman33 wrote:
shelleyjohnsam wrote:
Hey Guys,

I got invited for an interview. Thanks for the help in the forums!

I wanted to check with the people who interviewed how their experience was and if there were any unique questions considering the interview is conducted only by career management personnel.

Posted from my mobile device

Hi shelleyjohnsam !

Congratulations on the Interview Invite!

Be sure to check out the link below; it will really help you with your Preparation.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/summary-ivey ... f#p2065010

Good luck!

Thanks a lot Pakman33, this really helps!
Intern
Intern
Re: Ivey(Ontario) Class of 2021(March 2020 intake): Calling all Applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Aug 2019, 22:59
Hello everyone, I just got my PR and start preparing the application.
After sent my CV to Ivey, they respond my post-grad experience have exceeds the maximum for what they would consider a fit for MBA. What do you think if I should go ahead or not ?
I spent 11 years in healthcare industry, from technical sectors to sales roles. 32 years old , Is that a problem?

Richard Ivey School Moderator
B
GPA: 2.9
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 19 Aug 2019, 00:33
maxandmxd wrote:
Hello everyone, I just got my PR and start preparing the application.
After sent my CV to Ivey, they respond my post-grad experience have exceeds the maximum for what they would consider a fit for MBA. What do you think if I should go ahead or not ?
I spent 11 years in healthcare industry, from technical sectors to sales roles. 32 years old , Is that a problem?

Hi maxandmxd,

Great initiative on submitting your CV for preliminary assessment.

Ivey’s cohort typically average between 4-6 years experience in a given year, it’s understandable why the AdComs might think somebody with nearly double that, might not benefit greatly from the Ivey MBA experience.

Might sharing your profile? GMAT & Post-MBA goals ?

I can possibly suggest a few alternatives.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 19 Aug 2019, 04:51
Hi pakman33
Appreciate your help.
Bachelor degree on Engineering.GPA is around 3.
11 years experience in healthcare industry in MNC. Latest role is Sales Manager.
PTE(above 70) and IELTS (6.5) during PR application. Checked Ivey brochure, they accept PTE, but can't found in application system.
Post MBA goals:
When I start apply immigration, I am not afraid to start over again. I had strong evidence on technical and sales in Asia healthcare market. What I lack are international experience and skills on strategy and general management.
In short term, a product or marketing role in Canada is what I purchase after MBA.

B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 19 Aug 2019, 06:12
maxandmxd wrote:
Hi pakman33
Appreciate your help.
Bachelor degree on Engineering.GPA is around 3.
11 years experience in healthcare industry in MNC. Latest role is Sales Manager.
PTE(above 70) and IELTS (6.5) during PR application. Checked Ivey brochure, they accept PTE, but can't found in application system.
Post MBA goals:
When I start apply immigration, I am not afraid to start over again. I had strong evidence on technical and sales in Asia healthcare market. What I lack are international experience and skills on strategy and general management.
In short term, a product or marketing role in Canada is what I purchase after MBA.

Have you taken the GMAT or GRE yet ?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 19 Aug 2019, 06:25
Working on it

B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 19 Aug 2019, 09:19
maxandmxd wrote:
Working on it

I think you can leverage your experience and overall profile more effectively by scoring a high-600 GMAT.

Many MBA programs have more experienced cohorts (IMD, Warwick, Cranfield & NUS come to mind).

They have median GMAT scores that vary from 630 to 680 + Average work experience of 7-9 years.

Might be worth investigating further !
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 22 Aug 2019, 11:23
Hello Everyone
I'm planning to start the application now. I dont have my essays prepared, but i'm hoping to get it done by Sept. 10. But I have a few apprehensions about applying in the last round. Does the round of applying matter very much?
Profile:
B.Tech from an IIT - 7.8/10
WE: 3 yrs in Business development in construction industry in a MNC.
GMAT: 700

Also, my college admin has told me that it might take up to 20 days to deliver the transcript. So if i complete my application earlier, would the school be flexible in extending the deadline for transcript.
Admitted
11 Sep, 2019
11 Sep 2019, 08:53
Private, GMAT: 600, Q32, V41; GPA: 3.5; WE: 48 months; Canada; via Phone
:) [#permalink]
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Ivey(Ontario) Class of 2021(March 2020 intake): Calling all Applicants   [#permalink] 11 Sep 2019, 08:53

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   [ 69 posts ] 

Ivey(Ontario) Class of 2021(March 2020 intake): Calling all Applicants

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Pakman33