GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 01 Apr 2020, 22:45

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Ivey(Ontario) Class of 2021(March 2020 intake): Calling all Applicants

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Re: Ivey(Ontario) Class of 2021(March 2020 intake): Calling all Applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Aug 2019, 10:39
Pakman33 wrote:
shelleyjohnsam wrote:
Hey Guys,

I got invited for an interview. Thanks for the help in the forums!

I wanted to check with the people who interviewed how their experience was and if there were any unique questions considering the interview is conducted only by career management personnel.

Posted from my mobile device

Hi shelleyjohnsam !

Congratulations on the Interview Invite!

Be sure to check out the link below; it will really help you with your Preparation.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/summary-ivey ... f#p2065010

Good luck!

Thanks a lot Pakman33, this really helps!
Intern
Intern
Re: Ivey(Ontario) Class of 2021(March 2020 intake): Calling all Applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Aug 2019, 21:59
Hello everyone, I just got my PR and start preparing the application.
After sent my CV to Ivey, they respond my post-grad experience have exceeds the maximum for what they would consider a fit for MBA. What do you think if I should go ahead or not ?
I spent 11 years in healthcare industry, from technical sectors to sales roles. 32 years old , Is that a problem?

Ivey Business School Moderator
S
Schools: Ivey '21 (M$)
GMAT 1: 590 Q38 V35
GMAT 2: 620 Q44 V32
GMAT 3: 700 Q47 V38
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 18 Aug 2019, 23:33
maxandmxd wrote:
Hello everyone, I just got my PR and start preparing the application.
After sent my CV to Ivey, they respond my post-grad experience have exceeds the maximum for what they would consider a fit for MBA. What do you think if I should go ahead or not ?
I spent 11 years in healthcare industry, from technical sectors to sales roles. 32 years old , Is that a problem?

Hi maxandmxd,

Great initiative on submitting your CV for preliminary assessment.

Ivey’s cohort typically average between 4-6 years experience in a given year, it’s understandable why the AdComs might think somebody with nearly double that, might not benefit greatly from the Ivey MBA experience.

Might sharing your profile? GMAT & Post-MBA goals ?

I can possibly suggest a few alternatives.

My 110 Point GMAT Journey: 590 to the 700-Club!

Don't forget to Like & Subscribe!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 19 Aug 2019, 03:51
Hi pakman33
Appreciate your help.
Bachelor degree on Engineering.GPA is around 3.
11 years experience in healthcare industry in MNC. Latest role is Sales Manager.
PTE(above 70) and IELTS (6.5) during PR application. Checked Ivey brochure, they accept PTE, but can't found in application system.
Post MBA goals:
When I start apply immigration, I am not afraid to start over again. I had strong evidence on technical and sales in Asia healthcare market. What I lack are international experience and skills on strategy and general management.
In short term, a product or marketing role in Canada is what I purchase after MBA.

S
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 19 Aug 2019, 05:12
maxandmxd wrote:
Hi pakman33
Appreciate your help.
Bachelor degree on Engineering.GPA is around 3.
11 years experience in healthcare industry in MNC. Latest role is Sales Manager.
PTE(above 70) and IELTS (6.5) during PR application. Checked Ivey brochure, they accept PTE, but can't found in application system.
Post MBA goals:
When I start apply immigration, I am not afraid to start over again. I had strong evidence on technical and sales in Asia healthcare market. What I lack are international experience and skills on strategy and general management.
In short term, a product or marketing role in Canada is what I purchase after MBA.

Have you taken the GMAT or GRE yet ?

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 19 Aug 2019, 05:25
Working on it

S
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 19 Aug 2019, 08:19
maxandmxd wrote:
Working on it

I think you can leverage your experience and overall profile more effectively by scoring a high-600 GMAT.

Many MBA programs have more experienced cohorts (IMD, Warwick, Cranfield & NUS come to mind).

They have median GMAT scores that vary from 630 to 680 + Average work experience of 7-9 years.

Might be worth investigating further !

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 22 Aug 2019, 10:23
Hello Everyone
I'm planning to start the application now. I dont have my essays prepared, but i'm hoping to get it done by Sept. 10. But I have a few apprehensions about applying in the last round. Does the round of applying matter very much?
Profile:
B.Tech from an IIT - 7.8/10
WE: 3 yrs in Business development in construction industry in a MNC.
GMAT: 700

Also, my college admin has told me that it might take up to 20 days to deliver the transcript. So if i complete my application earlier, would the school be flexible in extending the deadline for transcript.
Admitted
11 Sep, 2019
11 Sep 2019, 07:53
Private, GMAT: 600, Q32, V41; GPA: 3.5; WE: 48 months; Canada; via Phone
:) [#permalink]
Intern
Intern
Schools: Ivey '21 (A)

Show Tags

New post 04 Oct 2019, 02:17
Hello everyone.

I got an admit from Ivey yesterday!

Is there a https://gmatclub.com/chat group for the admits for Ivey MBA Class of 2021? If yes, kindly share the link.
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 04 Oct 2019, 03:06
lihas wrote:
Hello everyone.

Is there a https://gmatclub.com/chat group for the admits for Ivey MBA Class of 2021? If yes, kindly share the link.

No such group exists in my knowledge, but you can take lead and start one. Here is a list of this year's admits in case you want to tag them...

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

2020 MBA Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis of all top MBA programs
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2019, 04:16
Hi,

Are Indian applicants eligible for a 3 year work permit post completion of the course? I heard from someone that it's a 12 months course so one is not eligible for a 3 year work permit.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2019, 22:34
Dpkkukreja wrote:
Hi,

Are Indian applicants eligible for a 3 year work permit post completion of the course? I heard from someone that it's a 12 months course so one is not eligible for a 3 year work permit.

From what I know -

Length of your program = Length of your work permit.

Say if you're doing a 12-month program that will make you eligible for a 12-month work permit. A lot of people get 36 months of work permit for pursuing a 24 months course.

But please to be sure you need to study cic.gc.ca website carefully and contact them directly.

Check out our new tool MBA Matrix https://EduSimplified.com/mba-matrix
INSEAD School Moderator
V
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2019, 22:47
This is correct, not just for Indian but everyone. So it would be best to pursue 2 year programs if 3y is what you're after. Given the positive developments in the UK about two years in the country post-mba regardless of course, that might be another option to go for.

Dpkkukreja wrote:
Hi,

Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2019, 15:11
Hello, I need some advice. I'm planning to apply in R5. Will that hold against me. I got a low score of 620 in my 1st attempt and my second attempt is in a couple of days.

I'm 29 years old, have 5.5 yrs of workex in maritime and international work ex in 27 countries.
underGrad - 7.9/10
Pre sea - A+ Grade (Best outgoing cadet)
I also hold MEO COCs for Cl IV and Cl II (expected 1st quarter 2020).
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2019, 09:30
lihas wrote:
Hello everyone.

Hey! Congratulations on your admit! Do you remember how much time they took to contact you after the interview?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 03 Nov 2019, 20:51
Hi,
Has anyone heard back from the school? I interviewed on the 15th Oct and still haven't heard back from the school.

Avanti
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 03 Nov 2019, 23:43
Jainavanti268 wrote:
Hi,
Has anyone heard back from the school? I interviewed on the 15th Oct and still haven't heard back from the school.

Avanti

Hey! I interviewed on 22nd and haven't heard back either. Do let us know if you receive any further information!

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 05 Nov 2019, 21:34
Share some thoughts as an existing Ivey MBA student. So far experience has been quite disappointing (I'm not badmouthing anything/anyone, and just presenting facts here):
- Huge discrepancy in student quality (in the name of diversity). Think of a scenario where you as a senior consultant having to sit thru a discussion with someone who's never done consulting and doesn't know what he/she is saying. There are classmates who don't even speak proper English
- This whole "case method" is a joke, at least at the MBA level. In many courses, professors spend (waste) way more time on case facts than having meaningful discussion
- Almost "toxic" culture around having to earn high marks on contribution. In many cases, it seems the whole point of the going to a class is to say something/contribute and then you are done, because you've earned the mark
- If you are pursuing consulting/finance (especially high finance like i-banking), not being in Toronto is a massive drawback for networking
- If you are switching industries through MBA, not being able to do an internship puts you at the bottom of the pool when it comes to full-time recruiting, as the trend now is that companies prioritize conversion of summer interns and internal hires over hiring someone who's not proven through internships. This is true regardless of industry
- Speaking of employment, simply take two grains of salt with respect to the official employment report. Majority of my class haven't found full-time jobs as of Nov 2019 (because not many firms come to hire at Ivey MBA), and for many who found jobs, those jobs are quite low bar on the value-chain
- Career management team is a total mess with little value-add due to recent departure of a few employees, period
- Lastly, Ivey charges $6 for a breakfast bagel, and $2 for ONE banana

In summary, if you are pursuing consulting/finance post-MBA, I highly recommending picking schools based out of Toronto over Ivey. And don't be mislead by the "value" of a one-year MBA program. Remember, Ivey's not charging you half of Rotman/Schulich, and the goal here is for the school to make more money given the dwindling pool of students.

Good luck guys!
S
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 05 Nov 2019, 22:34
Thanks for the candid feedback collahola !

I think a lot of people would like to hear more about your experience.

Would you mind sharing your profile, what your goals were going into the MBA and how you placed coming out?

You can even provide a review on GMATclub so future applicants can know what they are getting themselves into!

collahola wrote:
Share some thoughts as an existing Ivey MBA student. So far experience has been quite disappointing (I'm not badmouthing anything/anyone, and just presenting facts here):
- Huge discrepancy in student quality (in the name of diversity). Think of a scenario where you as a senior consultant having to sit thru a discussion with someone who's never done consulting and doesn't know what he/she is saying. There are classmates who don't even speak proper English
- This whole "case method" is a joke, at least at the MBA level. In many courses, professors spend (waste) way more time on case facts than having meaningful discussion
- Almost "toxic" culture around having to earn high marks on contribution. In many cases, it seems the whole point of the going to a class is to say something/contribute and then you are done, because you've earned the mark
- If you are pursuing consulting/finance (especially high finance like i-banking), not being in Toronto is a massive drawback for networking
- If you are switching industries through MBA, not being able to do an internship puts you at the bottom of the pool when it comes to full-time recruiting, as the trend now is that companies prioritize conversion of summer interns and internal hires over hiring someone who's not proven through internships. This is true regardless of industry
- Speaking of employment, simply take two grains of salt with respect to the official employment report. Majority of my class haven't found full-time jobs as of Nov 2019 (because not many firms come to hire at Ivey MBA), and for many who found jobs, those jobs are quite low bar on the value-chain
- Career management team is a total mess with little value-add due to recent departure of a few employees, period
- Lastly, Ivey charges $6 for a breakfast bagel, and $2 for ONE banana

In summary, if you are pursuing consulting/finance post-MBA, I highly recommending picking schools based out of Toronto over Ivey. And don't be mislead by the "value" of a one-year MBA program. Remember, Ivey's not charging you half of Rotman/Schulich, and the goal here is for the school to make more money given the dwindling pool of students.

Good luck guys!

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Ivey(Ontario) Class of 2021(March 2020 intake): Calling all Applicants   [#permalink] 05 Nov 2019, 22:34

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5    Next  [ 95 posts ] 

Ivey(Ontario) Class of 2021(March 2020 intake): Calling all Applicants

new topic post reply Update application status