GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Aug 2019, 03:26

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Ivey(Ontario) Class of 2021(March 2020 intake): Calling all Applicants

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Re: Ivey(Ontario) Class of 2021(March 2020 intake): Calling all Applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Jun 2019, 21:21
What is usually the turnaround time to hear a feedback from Ivey, after:
(1) you submit application
(2) you had round of interview

Posted from my mobile device
Richard Ivey School Moderator
B
GPA: 2.9
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Re: Ivey(Ontario) Class of 2021(March 2020 intake): Calling all Applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Jun 2019, 21:34
Soumya94 wrote:
What is usually the turnaround time to hear a feedback from Ivey, after:
(1) you submit application
(2) you had round of interview

Hey Soumya94 !

The response time typically varies from a few hours to three weeks. And it has nothing to do with the level of interest they have in your application.

Good luck !
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 08 Jul 2019, 09:20
Hey Guys,

I'm looking at applying in R3. I was wondering if you had any suggestions for the written essays.

Looking forward to your replies!
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 09 Jul 2019, 06:10
shelleyjohnsam wrote:
Hey Guys,

I'm looking at applying in R3. I was wondering if you had any suggestions for the written essays.

shelleyjohnsam

Can you be more specific on what type of suggestions you are looking for?
B

Show Tags

New post 09 Jul 2019, 08:21
workout wrote:
shelleyjohnsam wrote:
Hey Guys,

shelleyjohnsam

Hey workout,

I'm looking for tips with regards to the second essay - 'What is the most important issue that you've ever changed your mind about?'. Especially would love to hear advice on the following -

- Should we tackle a subject that is related to our career or something personal?
    - Should the outcome of the decision be positive?
    - What aspect of the issue should we focus more on? The issue itself, the decision process, the outcome or the learnings?

Thanks,
Shelley
INSEAD School Moderator
D
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA

Show Tags

New post 09 Jul 2019, 08:33
Hi workout I can provide some input here as well if you don't mind
shelleyjohnsam

There is a lot of room for work accomplishments via the recommendations & CV, so, unless this work story really helps them get to know you on a deep and personal level, it's best to go with a personal example.

Keep in mind they are using the essays to get to know you on a personal level, as your friends would know you. applicants often put on a "strong face" that comes off as phony and arrogant (and utterly forgettable/blending in) so make sure to be sincere, authentic and speak from the heart. That is really the most important thing to remember. That is what will make you memorable and separate you.

the outcome is less important; the question indicates they are trying to understand your values (kind of a what matters most type idea). If you changed your mind there was some value being trampled upon initially and you made a change to create greater inner and outer congruence with your values.

Just make sure to narrate your story, allow them insight into the feelings part not just the action part. do so in STAR format. I would say you can focus on the process or the learnings, but again, speak from the heart (kind of a dance like no one's watching idea here.) They want to see if you are likeable. That means being real.

shelleyjohnsam wrote:
workout wrote:
shelleyjohnsam wrote:
Hey Guys,

shelleyjohnsam

Hey workout,

I'm looking for tips with regards to the second essay - 'What is the most important issue that you've ever changed your mind about?'. Especially would love to hear advice on the following -

- Should we tackle a subject that is related to our career or something personal?
    - Should the outcome of the decision be positive?
    - What aspect of the issue should we focus more on? The issue itself, the decision process, the outcome or the learnings?

Thanks,
Shelley

Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 09 Jul 2019, 08:48
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
Hi workout I can provide some input here as well if you don't mind
shelleyjohnsam

There is a lot of room for work accomplishments via the recommendations & CV, so, unless this work story really helps them get to know you on a deep and personal level, it's best to go with a personal example.

Keep in mind they are using the essays to get to know you on a personal level, as your friends would know you. applicants often put on a "strong face" that comes off as phony and arrogant (and utterly forgettable/blending in) so make sure to be sincere, authentic and speak from the heart. That is really the most important thing to remember. That is what will make you memorable and separate you.

the outcome is less important; the question indicates they are trying to understand your values (kind of a what matters most type idea). If you changed your mind there was some value being trampled upon initially and you made a change to create greater inner and outer congruence with your values.

Just make sure to narrate your story, allow them insight into the feelings part not just the action part. do so in STAR format. I would say you can focus on the process or the learnings, but again, speak from the heart (kind of a dance like no one's watching idea here.) They want to see if you are likeable. That means being real.

Thanks a lot, Farrell!

I was, in fact, thinking of writing about a personal decision as I felt it would highlight my personality and values better.
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Mannheim
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 10 Jul 2019, 08:03
Hi everyone! Can somebody guide me where to mention the coursera courses for the application?
B

Show Tags

New post 10 Jul 2019, 08:12
Hey subhsngh0

subhsngh0 wrote:
Hi everyone! Can somebody guide me where to mention the coursera courses for the application?

You should be able to add them under the "Education" tab.

It specifies "Starting with the most recent, list all universities and colleges you have attended, including any academic exchange experience. You may also use this section to include any Continuing Education courses."

You can use the "Education (If institution not available above)" section of the Education Tab.

Hope this helps!
D
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA

Show Tags

New post 11 Jul 2019, 11:08
Did anybody listen to the online information session this morning? I think it was extremely good she was really giving you the straight facts. I learned a few new things. I believe they will be posting it online so I encourage you to listen to it. There will be an application tips webinar on the 27th I believe.

SVP
G
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q800 V740

Show Tags

New post 12 Jul 2019, 03:21
Top Contributor
shelleyjohnsam wrote:
Hey Guys,

Hi shelleyjohnsam

You can have a look at this link

Awesome Work | Honest Advise | Outstanding Results

Reach Out, Lets chat!
Email: info at gyanone dot com | +91 98998 31738 | Skype: gyanone.services
Intern
Intern
Ivey(Ontario) Class of 2021(March 2020 intake): Calling all Applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Jul 2019, 15:17
Hi Everyone

I have a GRE score of 321 (157 V and 164 Q) but i have a bad AWA score of 3(18th percentile). I am an IIT Delhi graduate and have worked in Power generation industry in operations management for about 10 years. Over the years I have enough leadership experience. I have not appeared in TOEFL. I know I am very late for asking this question for this year but Do I stand a chance of an admit? or should I appear in GMAT and improve my score.
B

Show Tags

New post 12 Jul 2019, 16:23
searchshishir wrote:
Hi Everyone

I have a GRE score of 321 (157 V and 164 Q) but i have a bad AWA score of 3(18th percentile). I am an IIT Delhi graduate and have worked in Power generation industry in operations management for about 10 years. Over the years I have enough leadership experience. I have not appeared in TOEFL. I know I am very late for asking this question for this year but Do I stand a chance of an admit? or should I appear in GMAT and improve my score.

Hey searchshishir

You have a strong GRE score and 10 years experience. Your best bet would to submit your resume and speak with an Admission Advisor; they are very good at assessing your fit and making suggestions to strengthen your chances.

https://www.ivey.uwo.ca/mba/resume-assessment/

Good Luck !

SVP
G

Show Tags

New post 12 Jul 2019, 22:07
Top Contributor
searchshishir wrote:
Hi Everyone

Hi searchshishir

Agree with Pakman33 there. While your score and undergrad would give you a good chance of making it, the experience factor may make Ivey feel you are too experienced for their full-time MBA. Check with them on that factor once.

The AWA score will not be a hindrance, and TOEFL is not needed.

You are not too late to apply this year. Apply before September if/once Ivey clears the experience factor.

Reach Out, Lets chat!
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Mannheim
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 12 Jul 2019, 23:19
What details have to be mentioned in the scholarship page apart from the essay. What to explain in the "Explanation of Contribution Difference" & "Supplementary Information"?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 13 Jul 2019, 19:26
Thanks Pakman33 for the response it means a lot.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 13 Jul 2019, 19:30
Thanks GyanOne for the response.

Could you please elaborate more on why TOEFL is not needed. I couldn't find the TOEFL requirements details on Ivey website.

Regards
SVP
SVP
G

Show Tags

New post 13 Jul 2019, 21:38
Top Contributor
searchshishir wrote:
Thanks GyanOne for the response.

Could you please elaborate more on why TOEFL is not needed. I couldn't find the TOEFL requirements details on Ivey website.

Regards

Hi searchshishir

Please see on this page. As your post-secondary education would be in English, the TOEFL is not needed.

https://www.ivey.uwo.ca/mba/admission/i ... pplicants/

Reach Out, Lets chat!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 04 Aug 2019, 22:57
Hey Guys,

I got invited for an interview. Thanks for the help in the forums!

I wanted to check with the people who interviewed how their experience was and if there were any unique questions considering the interview is conducted only by career management personnel.

B

Show Tags

New post 05 Aug 2019, 10:55
shelleyjohnsam wrote:
Hey Guys,

I got invited for an interview. Thanks for the help in the forums!

I wanted to check with the people who interviewed how their experience was and if there were any unique questions considering the interview is conducted only by career management personnel.

Hi shelleyjohnsam !

Congratulations on the Interview Invite!

Be sure to check out the link below; it will really help you with your Preparation.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/summary-ivey ... f#p2065010

Good luck!
Re: Ivey(Ontario) Class of 2021(March 2020 intake): Calling all Applicants   [#permalink] 05 Aug 2019, 10:55

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4    Next  [ 67 posts ] 

Ivey(Ontario) Class of 2021(March 2020 intake): Calling all Applicants

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Pakman33