GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 13 Dec 2019, 03:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Erasmus (Rotterdam) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Re: Calling all Erasmus (Rotterdam) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Sep 2019, 01:52
JTurey wrote:
sujayn19 wrote:
Hi,

I'm planning to apply in Round 4, however, I have the following queries:

1. Is it suitable for International Non-EU applicants to apply in R4 or is it considered too late? Since the program starts in Jan'20 and the results for R4 will probably be out by November, would there be sufficient time to apply for a Visa, if selected? I'm asking this because I'm unable to find any deadline specifically mentioned for International Non-EU applicants on RSMs website and I don't want to go through the effort of applying if it is already too late. I did also shoot a mail to Carrie Fok regarding this but I've not received a response yet.

2. Previously it was posted that only 1 essay has to be submitted. I see the following in my application under the 'Essay' tab:

""
Essays
Please respond fully but concisely to each question. Each essay should contain around 500 words.
Essay 1 or 2 *
2. Describe how the socio-economic environment in which you live/work impacts your business decisions.

(+/- 500 words)
Please explain your answer and use examples from your own experience whenever possible.

Essay 2 *
3. Describe the most difficult decision you have made and its effect on you.

(+/- 500 words)
Essay 3 *

""
There is also an "Upload file" option next to each Essay description (total 3 such options).
I recall that the essay options shared earlier on this post included the following:
1. Share how you’ve already been a force for positive change in your world. Your example can be large or small, global or local, but must highlight the positive impact you’ve had through your efforts. Tell us your story.

OR

2. Discuss how the RSM MBA will prepare you to become a force for positive change, either in your personal or professional life.

However, I don't see any of these essay options in my application. I'm also confused as to the number of essays to be answered.

Will be really glad if someone can clarify my doubts.
Thanks in advance!

Hi Sujayn,

The essay questions are showing up this way because you've probably not made a selection for the program yet. Once you select a program on the first tab of the application, the essay questions will update.

Cheers!

Posted from my mobile device

Yes, that worked! Thank you so much for the suggestion!
I did jump straightaway to the essay page after logging in, without really updating any details. A bit of a blunder on my part, apologies for the confusion.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 14 Sep 2019, 01:57
JMMadison wrote:
sujayn19 wrote:
Hi,

I'm planning to apply in Round 4, however, I have the following queries:

1. Is it suitable for International Non-EU applicants to apply in R4 or is it considered too late? Since the program starts in Jan'20 and the results for R4 will probably be out by November, would there be sufficient time to apply for a Visa, if selected? I'm asking this because I'm unable to find any deadline specifically mentioned for International Non-EU applicants on RSMs website and I don't want to go through the effort of applying if it is already too late. I did also shoot a mail to Carrie Fok regarding this but I've not received a response yet.

2. Previously it was posted that only 1 essay has to be submitted. I see the following in my application under the 'Essay' tab:

""
Essays
Please respond fully but concisely to each question. Each essay should contain around 500 words.
Essay 1 or 2 *
2. Describe how the socio-economic environment in which you live/work impacts your business decisions.

(+/- 500 words)
Please explain your answer and use examples from your own experience whenever possible.

Essay 2 *
3. Describe the most difficult decision you have made and its effect on you.

(+/- 500 words)
Essay 3 *

""
There is also an "Upload file" option next to each Essay description (total 3 such options).
I recall that the essay options shared earlier on this post included the following:
1. Share how you’ve already been a force for positive change in your world. Your example can be large or small, global or local, but must highlight the positive impact you’ve had through your efforts. Tell us your story.

OR

2. Discuss how the RSM MBA will prepare you to become a force for positive change, either in your personal or professional life.

However, I don't see any of these essay options in my application. I'm also confused as to the number of essays to be answered.

Will be really glad if someone can clarify my doubts.
Thanks in advance!

Hi Sujayn19,

First, regarding the Visa and application timeline. Other European schools give a deadline for non-EU students in November, but you should probably check two things. Ask RSM directly and see what they say. And also visit the embassy/consulate website where you would need to apply for a visa. You will get good info there, and may even be able to email them any questions. I know some consulates are booked 4 months out for appointments, so this is a real concern that should be investigated.

Second, your essay section does look quite different. I didnt expect this type of change mid-stream. Again address this with RSM immediately as well as starting to prepare for multiple essays if needed. It doesnt even look like they have finished updating the application. It asks you to answer both, then says 1 or 2 and then numbers them weird and leaves a blank. This is very odd.
Until RSM gets back to you, I would consider creating outlines for each essay and making sure the rest of my application is moving forward toward completion. Hopefully they answer before too much extra work is done - although the extra work will help you in the interviews. The more you address these types of questions and have good stories and answers, the better. These new topics are typical interview questions.

If you dont mind, can you send a PM to me with a screenshot of the essay tab with these instructions.

Good Luck.

JMM

Hi JMMadison

The second issue is resolved, JTurey was insightful enough to inform what I had done wrong.
I will follow your and Mo2men 's advice regarding the first query/issue and will try getting on call with Carrie.

Thank you!
SVP
SVP
V
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 14 Sep 2019, 02:59
sujayn19 wrote:

Hi JMMadison

The second issue is resolved, JTurey was insightful enough to inform what I had done wrong.
I will follow your and Mo2men 's advice regarding the first query/issue and will try getting on call with Carrie.

Thank you!

Hi sujayn19

You are welcome. May I ask what essay appears to you after updating your application. Can you post it please ?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 16 Sep 2019, 14:35
Just wondering if anyone has more information on Kira Talent questions? Also, how much preparation time do we have to answer the actual questions since being invited for Kira?
Thanks!
SVP
SVP
V
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 16 Sep 2019, 14:37
prokart12 wrote:
Just wondering if anyone has more information on Kira Talent questions? Also, how much preparation time do we have to answer the actual questions since being invited for Kira?
Thanks!

There are many advice in previous posts about Kira and questions.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 16 Sep 2019, 14:50
Mo2men wrote:
prokart12 wrote:
Thanks!

Yea I read through the posts by JMM and shelleyjohnsam. They posted similar questions asked by RSM, but my primary concern is how long is the preparation period...JMM mentioned that he practiced the sample questions over a few days. I am looking to see if anyone has more information on this?
SVP
SVP
V
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 16 Sep 2019, 15:16
prokart12 wrote:
Mo2men wrote:
prokart12 wrote:
Thanks!

Yea I read through the posts by JMM and shelleyjohnsam. They posted similar questions asked by RSM, but my primary concern is how long is the preparation period...JMM mentioned that he practiced the sample questions over a few days. I am looking to see if anyone has more information on this?

Look, I advise you to use the linkg below from other schools. it will provide you with many ideas that will make it easy with RSM.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/compilation- ... 86246.html
European Schools Moderator
S
GMAT 1: 620 Q42 V33
GPA: 3.24
WE: Consulting (Other)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 16 Sep 2019, 17:22
prokart12 wrote:
Mo2men wrote:
prokart12 wrote:
Thanks!

Hi Prokart12,

Are you asking about the time you get to prepare once you receive the question?

If so, the prep is 30 seconds or 1 minute, I believe. Depending on the length or depth of the question.
Once you register with Kira Talent, they give you practice questions that are very similar in regards to the style and process.

My mention of preparing across a few days was in reference to general practice. I mostly used references from various areas in this forum to practice the types of questions that would be encountered.
Once RSM registered me with Kira Talent, I was given one week to prepare and complete the Kira Talent portion. This time could vary, as they try to have the Kira Talent portion completed before your interview.

Hope this helps.

JMM
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 16 Sep 2019, 17:46
Thank you Mo2men and JMMadison. Really appreciate the prompt reply and the information!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 17 Sep 2019, 06:26
Sure Mo2men. I believe these are the essays that were discussed earlier in this post. Honestly, I was quite relieved to see them.
I am pasting them below:

1 (a). Share how you’ve already been a force for positive change in your world. Your example can be large or small, global or local, but must highlight the positive impact you’ve had through your efforts. Tell us your story.

OR

1 (b). Discuss how the RSM MBA will prepare you to become a force for positive change, either in your personal or professional life.
SVP
SVP
V
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 17 Sep 2019, 06:32
sujayn19 wrote:
Sure Mo2men. I believe these are the essays that were discussed earlier in this post. Honestly, I was quite relieved to see them.
I am pasting them below:

1 (a). Share how you’ve already been a force for positive change in your world. Your example can be large or small, global or local, but must highlight the positive impact you’ve had through your efforts. Tell us your story.

OR

1 (b). Discuss how the RSM MBA will prepare you to become a force for positive change, either in your personal or professional life.

Hi

What about the other 2 question (socio-economic and difficult situation)?
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Erasmus '21 (S)
GMAT 1: 570 Q44 V23
Calling all Erasmus (Rotterdam) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2019, 03:34
Check out the video on GyanOne Youtube channel - for Brandon Kirby's video on RSM MBA. It is very insightful.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2019, 23:42
Hi everyone! Has anyone from the last round got any email/ call from RSM?

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Nov 2019, 08:44
aditisharma4982 wrote:

Nope. Waiting for their response.
SVP
SVP
V
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2019, 14:52
Gautam12121991 wrote:
aditisharma4982 wrote:

Is the lat round opened for internationals?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 23 Nov 2019, 22:57
Mo2men wrote:
Gautam12121991 wrote:
aditisharma4982 wrote:

Is the lat round opened for internationals?

Applications for last round ended on 5th Nov 2019.
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 25 Nov 2019, 00:50
Gautam12121991 wrote:
Applications for last round ended on 5th Nov 2019.

so new apps will open around Feb-Mar next year, right?

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

2020 MBA Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis of all top MBA programs
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Erasmus (Rotterdam) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake!   [#permalink] 25 Nov 2019, 00:50

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   [ 137 posts ] 

Calling all Erasmus (Rotterdam) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: JMMadison