GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 22 Oct 2018, 16:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Welcome to ask Vantage Point!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Vantage Point Admissions Consultant
B
Affiliations: Vantage Point MBA Admissions Consulting
Welcome to ask Vantage Point!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Apr 2016, 09:15

Welcome to the ask Vantage Point MBA Admissions Consulting forum! We're going to change things up in 2018 and will no longer be providing straight profile reviews on this forum. We believe that your competitiveness at different schools relies on more than just a few stats or data points and so, a conversation is a much better way to provide that feedback and help you think through your strengths and development areas. We offer a free 30-minute consultation for that reason. Instead, this forum will now serve to answer your most specific and burning questions about the MBA application process and your profile. We believe this approach will enable you to best leverage our expert team and also inform others who are reading these posts. That way, everyone benefits. We look forward hearing what's on your mind!

So who are we and what do we do when we aren’t answering your questions on this GMAT Club forum? We are not the sales team – we are the founders of this company and we answer all of your questions directly. Like our entire team, we are M7 graduates with years of experience guiding applicants to develop their strongest applications. We’ve been in your shoes. We know what it’s like to upend your life and take one of the biggest steps you’ll ever make in your career.

That’s why we built Vantage Point, the only firm to take a 360° approach to the application process. We provide the perspectives that matter on your MBA applications from experienced consultants who graduated from M7 programs, M7 alumni interviewers, and former adcom. By providing you firsthand insights from people who understand the process from the inside out, we help you develop your most competitive and differentiated applications possible, maximizing your chances of admission to the most selective MBA programs. Vantage Point – gain from our perspective!

A bit more about our services:

We Have Combined the Best Aspects of Admissions Consulting into One Service!
Highly PersonalizedConsider us your "on call“ advisors throughout the process. We view your success as our success and we are there to support you through it all!
CustomizedTemplates don’t get you into the most selective programs. No matter where you are in your MBA application journey, we'll help you develop a strategy that sets you apart.
Value-Added Toolkit & InsightsIn addition to best-in-class tools, we provide access to not only your dedicated consultant but also former admissions committee members from top 10 schools, current students at the top schools, and post-MBA industry partners across leading firms such as Google, McKinsey, Amazon, Goldman Sachs, successful start-ups, and more.
TransparentMany of us used consultants ourselves when we were applying. We understand what questions you may have and will ensure that you know exactly what to expect with us.
Refund PolicyWe work with clients who we believe in - and we believe in our process. Our consultants are incentivized to help you get into the very best schools possible but if it doesn't work out, we will refund 25% on a four school package or greater. We offer this because we are quite sure you won’t need it!

For more information please visit Vantage Point’s website, including our blog that is updated regularly with the latest news and advice on all things MBA.

Wishing you the best,
The team at Vantage Point MBA Admissions Consulting

Vantage Point MBA Admissions Consulting
https://vantagepointmba.com/
Your Personal MBA Application Experts
Contact us for a Free Consultation!

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: General Management, Other
GMAT 1: 460 Q42 V13
GPA: 3.83
WE: Consulting (Investment Banking)
Reviews Badge
Re: Welcome to ask Vantage Point!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Jun 2017, 09:15
Hi!
Thanks for looking into my post!
I really need great advice.
I took GMAT last week and got 460 (Q:42 and V: 13 and IR:3).
And i have taken TOEFL today.
i got this score after rigorous 2.5 months hard work and risking my job side wise. :(
It is not possible for me to take Gmat again.
I really need admission in 2018 January intake in US.
However, i have strong profile:
CGPA: 8.25 ECE Engg. from reputed college in India
Work Ex: 4.5 in Capital market IT firm
Designation: Consultant and Team lead
Even worked onshore in one of the top 100 investment bank in Europe for 3 months each in last two successive years.
Hobby of painting, writing poems and beauty & fashion blogs.
I am interested in normal MBA program like general management, HR or luxury management.
Please suggest me possible colleges, any other MBA program and procedure?
I really need assistance.
Vantage Point MBA Co-Founder
S
Schools: CBS '13 (A)

Show Tags

New post 06 Jul 2017, 20:39
Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry to hear about the outcome of your GMAT. Unfortunately, we really don't have experience working with applicants with GMAT scores below 600 (we focus on advising applicants to the top 20 programs in the US and Europe) so I'm afraid we can't be of much help to you. I know that some online MBA programs offer GMAT waivers, which could be a good option for you, but I would suggest doing some more research on those schools to see if they would be a good fit for your goals.

I'm sorry we couldn't help further! Best of luck to you!

Kindly,
Melody

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 19 Apr 2018, 11:15
Hello
I need to know what all schools I can expect a call from with a GMAT score of 740.
Rest of details are as under :
10th ...9.4/10
12.......87%
BTech IIT ....68%...
Work experince none. Graduated last year but didn’t join company as I had plans for other competitive exams. But this year I am thinking to give GMAT. My doubt is should I take a job and prepare along with it for cv points. Or should I solely prepare for GMAT and cat exam. And what will be my chances in both cases if I get little less marks with my job.

Posted from my mobile device
B

Show Tags

New post 09 May 2018, 19:10
Hi there,

We focus primarily on the top MBA programs in the US and Europe (so I can only speak for those programs) and those programs typically look for at least 2 years of work experience prior to applying, with the top schools averaging 4-5 years. My advice to you would be to find employment and get some experience under your belt for the next few years and then look into applying.

We wish you all the best!

Kindly,
Melody

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.65

Show Tags

New post 18 Jun 2018, 10:57
Hi
I am Rakshit Sharma
Ethnicity: Asian (Indian)
GMAT: 730, Q50 V38 IR8 AWA4
Education: B.Tech Civil Engg IIT Roorkee 2006-10 (GPA 7.51/10) and M.B.A Marketing & Operations M.D.I Gurgaon 2012-14 (GPA 6.96/10)
Work Experience: Total 6 years of experience.

Post B.Tech: 2 years of construction project management experience in Oil & Gas sector with a public sector undertaking (GAIL India Ltd.) 2012-14
Post M.B.A: 4 year with PepsiCo so far in Future Leadership Program as follows (2014-Current):

*2 years of sales & distribution experience as Area Head for the business driving large teams & responsible for delivering topline for the territory.
*2 years of experience in handing eCommerce channel for PepsiCo, responsible for driving account relationships with online Groceries in India (Amazon, Flipkart * other eGroceries) & delivering P&L objective metrics for the organization.

Working in the eCommerce role exposed me to the way digital is shaping businesses in every function. Met Indira Nooyi in India & her words of guidance to us was: Run eCommerce channel in PepsiCo like a Tech Company not like a CPG Org. Realized hands on that eComm is not just a platform for purchase but a medium now to transform GoToMarket channels (Online B2B, B2C, HoReCa) , Marketing strategies (Amazon Media Services), Communication modes (Amazon search competing with Google now) & a whole new experience to connect with consumers.

Academic:
1. Cohesive Leader Award, PepsiCo
2. Highest Growth Area Head, PepsiCo
3. Selected for ILEAP, Leadership Academy of PepsiCo Globally
4. Best Summer Project, MBA
5. Runners Up, PepsiCo Indra Nooyi Case Study, MBA
6. Runners Up, Deloitte National Case Study, MBA

Extra Curricular:
1. Placement Committee Member, MBA
2. Member, Summer Mentorship Program - Coaching students on summer internships interviews & skill sets
3. Organizer Sports News Letter - IIT Roorkee
4. Dance & Dramatics On Stage events

Post MBA Goals:
Short Term: Working in Strategy/Channel Development/Marketing roles in eCommerce/Tech sector, leveraging past experience in consumer goods & online channel along with driving businesses through digital integration learning at MBA

Long Term: General Manager roles in retail sector demonstrating leadership across multiple geographies & leveraging digital capabilities in driving business P&Ls and growths.

Queries:
I have following queries regarding the application:
1. Which schools should i target with the profile & score.
2. What are the possibilities one can explore in eCommerce space in terms of roles - Do people pursue Strategy/GoToMarket roles in tech ?
3. I wanted to write Product Manager roles in eComm but dont have a coding experience per se. How critical is that & would that impact the application ?
4. Is Indian GPA at IIT Roorkee 7.51/10 decent enough when converted to 4 scale GPA ?
5. To answer why another MBA, i really feel that my MBA 4 years back helped me gain experience in driving businesses traditionally. But in the span of 4 years, i saw quite massive drifts in the way digital is shaping businesses these days. And that's what i wish to seek ahead in my learning pursuit. (Crude form currently).
B

Show Tags

New post 18 Jun 2018, 12:38
Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing the details of your profile! I'm happy to provide some high level answers to your questions although most of these don't have a straight-forward answer and would likely require a more in-depth conversation. As with most things related to MBA application process, it's a bit subjective!

1. School selection is a pretty in-depth and personal process and so it's not something we can advise you on based on a few sentences and data points. However, I developed a great framework to help folks think through school selection and it think it would be great to get you started: How to Decide Where to Apply

2. MBA graduates pursue a wide variety of roles in e-Commerce (from finance to supply chain/operations to product management, etc.) so I would ask you what it is that you want to do in that industry?

3. The Product Manager role differs greatly from company-to-company so it depends. If you're interested in a specific company, I would suggest looking up the job description for the post-MBA role that interests you and reading through the prerequisites.

4. It depends on what school(s) you're targeting :)

I hope that helps give you a starting point in your research. Best of luck!

Kindly,
Melody

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Aug 2018, 06:11
Hi ,

Could you please evaluate my profile for Michigan Ross?

GMAT: 700
3yrs Work Ex in one of the biggest oil and Gas companies in the world ( Lot of global exposure)
Academic Background : Graduated with 3.45/5 GPA as a chemical engineer from one of the top engineering colleges of India

Founder of one of NGO chapters and a lot of other social initiatives

Thanks in advance!
Vantage Point MBA Co-Founder
S
Schools: CBS '13 (A)

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2018, 11:14
Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out! We sold out early for round 1 this year and have been busy getting our clients through the deadlines. But I'm happy to be catching up today on some of the great questions in our forum. However, we actually are no longer providing straight profile reviews on this forum. We believe that your competitiveness at different schools relies on more than just a few stats or data points and so, a conversation is a much better way to provide that feedback and help you approach the application process. However, we'd LOVE to answer any specific questions or concerns you have about your profile or the MBA application process in general. So please feel free to respond with some more pointed questions!

Best,
Melody

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Welcome to ask Vantage Point! &nbs [#permalink] 27 Sep 2018, 11:14

Welcome to ask Vantage Point!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap