Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 00:40 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 00:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 244 [0]
Given Kudos: 53
Concentration: CPG Marketing
Schools:Chicago Booth 2013, Ross, Duke , Kellogg , Stanford, Haas
 Q41  V42
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 78
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 244 [0]
Given Kudos: 53
Concentration: CPG Marketing
Schools:Chicago Booth 2013, Ross, Duke , Kellogg , Stanford, Haas
 Q41  V42
Send PM
Re: Calling all Berkeley-Haas Fall 2011 Applicants [#permalink]
K8 wrote:
That's interesting. I have no clue what it means for you, and I'm not going to speculate (I've realized this thread is basically 90% speculation, worry and what-ifs :))...

But for mine (R2), when it went under review, it said there was sufficient documentation to review, but that I would need to submit the official transcript immediately if invited to interview.

Additionally, on my application status page (at apply.haas.berkeley.edu), right now it says, "We will require an official transcript from [school] if you are invited to interview."

You know, after thinking about it some more, I believe the "official" transcript they are referring to in the email and on the status page is one that needs to be sent directly from the school. I don't think the copy I faxed in counts for that anyway, I must have sent uploaded an unofficial transcript with the application, which apparently is not acceptable. oh well
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Send PM
You think the transcripts need to be sent directly from the school? I received the same message and assume it means that I should bring a sealed, signed, official transcript to the interview.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 303 [0]
Given Kudos: 86
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.3
WE:Project Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Michmax3 wrote:
K8 wrote:
That's interesting. I have no clue what it means for you, and I'm not going to speculate (I've realized this thread is basically 90% speculation, worry and what-ifs :))...

But for mine (R2), when it went under review, it said there was sufficient documentation to review, but that I would need to submit the official transcript immediately if invited to interview.

Additionally, on my application status page (at apply.haas.berkeley.edu), right now it says, "We will require an official transcript from [school] if you are invited to interview."

You know, after thinking about it some more, I believe the "official" transcript they are referring to in the email and on the status page is one that needs to be sent directly from the school. I don't think the copy I faxed in counts for that anyway, I must have sent uploaded an unofficial transcript with the application, which apparently is not acceptable. oh well

I believe you are correct. The scanned transcript should be a copy of an official transcript. As for the official transcript that they request post-interview, that can be mailed directly from your school or from yourself, as long as the transcript is in a school-sealed envelope.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
GRE 1: Q165 V161
GPA: 3.6
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
R2 applicant. My application is still not under review [Application Status: (Received)]. And it's winter break! :?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Consulting, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
KingShark wrote:
R2 applicant. My application is still not under review [Application Status: (Received)]. And it's winter break! :?

Same here Shark...

By the way - Anyone here with international undergrad - could you please throw some light on the transcript thing because where I did my undergrad from, they do not hand out sealed transcript. The best they do is attested copies. Would that work if Haas asks? Comments welcome ..
Director
Director
Affiliations: HBS Class of 2013
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools: HBS '13 (A)
Send PM
Avernusaur wrote:
Michmax3 wrote:
K8 wrote:

I believe you are correct. The scanned transcript should be a copy of an official transcript. As for the official transcript that they request post-interview, that can be mailed directly from your school or from yourself, as long as the transcript is in a school-sealed envelope.

Correct--I received my R1 interview invite last week, and a reminder that since I'd been invited for an interview I needed to send in an official transcript. I had a few sealed ones left over from when I first requested them from my undergrad school, so I mailed one to Haas and got an email today confirming they had received it.

I interviewed today with an alum in the San Diego area--went pretty well from what I could tell. He didn't seem to be working off any notes or guidelines and spent most of the time asking me about my elevator pitch, leadership experiences, difficult management decisions I had made, how I earn the trust of my people, career goals, about a time where I "questioned the status quo," CEOs I admired, etc. We didn't do the standard "walk me through your resume" but we ended up referencing most of it at one point or another...i.e. "tell me about a difficult leadership experience in job X, or about using teamwork in job Y." It lasted about an hour in all.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
goldgoldandgold wrote:
KingShark wrote:

Same here Shark...

By the way - Anyone here with international undergrad - could you please throw some light on the transcript thing because where I did my undergrad from, they do not hand out sealed transcript. The best they do is attested copies. Would that work if Haas asks? Comments welcome ..

Haas will take attested copies but you would have to mail originals to them and then they will take photocopies and notarize them in their office and mail the original transcripts back to you. Other thing you can do is request your undergrad institution to issue you another copy and put them in an envelope and get it sealed.

My undergrad insitution doesn't give a sealed copy either but I am sure clerk will do it when I'll bribe him with INR 100/- :)
Director
Director
Affiliations: IIT, Purdue, PhD, TauBetaPi
Own Kudos [?]: 360 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: $ Finance $
Schools:Wharton, Sloan, Chicago, Haas
 Q50  V37
GPA: 4.0
WE 1: 8 years in Oil&Gas
Send PM
perhaps not a prudent statement to make on a public forum about bribe
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Totally agree! It's not bribe, it's called tipping.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Schools:Booth class of 2013
 Q51  V44
WE 1: 6 yrs product development (tech)
Send PM
It's been quiet for the last few days. Are people still receiving invites? The R1 decision date (Jan 13) is looming. Last year, the last reported invite on GMATclub was Jan 19 (post Super Saturday) when the decision date was Jan 27.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 78
Send PM
wiredo wrote:
It's been quiet for the last few days. Are people still receiving invites? The R1 decision date (Jan 13) is looming. Last year, the last reported invite on GMATclub was Jan 19 (post Super Saturday) when the decision date was Jan 27.

I'm guessing you probably received that "Holiday Closure" email. In it it says the office is closed for the holiday break, "Please note that the Full-time MBA Admissions Office will close for the winter break on Wednesday, December 22nd at noon and will re-open at 9:00 am on Monday, January 3rd. We will not be responding to voicemail or e-mail messages during the break. We look forward to serving you when we return to campus in January."

I would guess they might issue more invites for R1s after the office opens back up. It's not that the officers aren't spending winter break neglecting their families and reading our applications...I'm thinking they just don't do anything official until the new year.
Director
Director
Send PM
wiredo wrote:

Yep, they're closed from Dec 22-Jan 3, which is a little frustrating for me since I did my interview on Dec 22 so my interview assessment is sitting in someone's inbox in the admissions office, which causes my online application to still read "Invited to Interview." Oh well, I'm probably not the only one, and the AdCom will still have 10 days once they get back from break to get all their final stuff done.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:HBS (ding), Stanford (ding), Haas (interview), UC Davis (Admitted)
 Q47  V48
GPA: 3.92 state school
WE 1: 6 yrs Morgan Stanley (Instl. Consulting / Asset Mgmt)
What are thoughts concerning admission calls? Will we see any next week or have they historically gone out the week of the decision date?
Director
Director
Send PM
waiting4hbs wrote:
What are thoughts concerning admission calls? Will we see any next week or have they historically gone out the week of the decision date?

As far as I know they announce on the decision date--my guess is it would be hard for them to do anything before then seeing how the admissions office is closed from Dec 22-Jan 3. I'm sure I'm not the only R1 interview that happened during that break, so I can't see the AdCom sorting through everything that came in during that break and getting it all in line quick enough to do any early notifications.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 32
Schools:Ross
 Q50  V45
GPA: 2.7
Send PM
Any information on when the interview invites from Rd2 will start ?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
sanlitun wrote:

Haas is your only hope? No contigency plans? A true leader always has a contingency plan.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
GRE 1: Q165 V161
GPA: 3.6
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
sanlitun wrote:

According to one of Haas' recent mails, it’s early January. I am thinking after R1 decisions are out on Jan 13th.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  26   27   28   29   30   31   32  ...  92   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts