Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 15 Apr 2014, 23:49

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2011, 13:42
Got the same e-mail...pretty irritated...will be removing myself as well...taking my talents elsewhere.
Manager
Manager
Schools: Wharton, Kellogg, MIT, Kenan-Flagler, Booth, Darden, Duke
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2011, 13:43
Same here.
6 months since we submitted part 1 of our applications and they are unable to render a decision. Just great!
Manager
Manager
WE 1: Energy

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2011, 13:46
jason1234 wrote:
Got the same e-mail...pretty irritated...will be removing myself as well...taking my talents elsewhere.

where you off to?
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: LEED AP
Schools: GSB(R1) Haas(R1) Wharton(R1) Kellogg(R1) Ross(R2) Tepper(R2)
WE 1: 4.5 yrs in architecture.
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 7

Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2011, 13:48
trikstr wrote:
jason1234 wrote:

where you off to?

Wait, don't tell us yet. Do a 1hr special on MSNBC called "The Decision" first.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2011, 13:55
Ha...taking my talents to southern california, UCLA. At least I'll be warm now.
Manager
Manager
Schools: Kellogg, Booth

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 7

Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2011, 13:59
Got the same email here too...this is a bunch of BS!!! 6 months of waiting for this...F Kellogg, Booth here I come!

Just curious, how has everyone elses experience been with other programs compared to the crappy way we've all been treated by Kellogg? For me, Booth was by far more professional. Any other thoughts?
Manager
Manager
Schools: Kellogg

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2011, 14:08
Please post a reply if you are taking yourself off the waitlist...gives those who are waiting a better sense of the situation.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Tuck (accepted), HBS (ding), Kellogg (WL), McCombs (accepted)

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2011, 14:46
mbahopeful2012 wrote:
Please post a reply if you are taking yourself off the waitlist...gives those who are waiting a better sense of the situation.

Removing myself and taking my talents to Hanover...
Manager
Manager
Schools: Booth R2, Kellogg R2 (W/L - withdrawn)
WE 1: Big 4 IT Auditing

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2011, 09:26
Looks like I'm joining the club as an R2 waitlister. This process seems like a waste of time - I don't have much hope.
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2011, 09:36
driege wrote:
Looks like I'm joining the club as an R2 waitlister. This process seems like a waste of time - I don't have much hope.

Yeah, I feel like it's headed for the summer. You'll somehow need to have been accepted nowhere and therefore be able to wait, be a really strong candidate, and come from the same background as a bunch of accepted people who take their talents elsewhere.
Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2011, 09:39
fbardolph wrote:
driege wrote:

Yeah, I feel like it's headed for the summer. You'll somehow need to have been accepted nowhere and therefore be able to wait, be a really strong candidate, and come from the same background as a bunch of accepted people who take their talents elsewhere.

Well I've got the accepted nowhere part down pat :) I probably should have applied to more than 2 schools - I got waitlisted at both.
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2011, 09:44
driege wrote:
fbardolph wrote:
driege wrote:

Well I've got the accepted nowhere part down pat :) I probably should have applied to more than 2 schools - I got waitlisted at both.

You should probably start celebrating ;)
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Chicago Booth 2013, Ross, Duke , Kellogg , Stanford, Haas
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 97 [1] , given: 53

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2011, 09:56
This post received
KUDOS
tru777 wrote:
Got the same email here too...this is a bunch of BS!!! 6 months of waiting for this...F Kellogg, Booth here I come!

Just curious, how has everyone elses experience been with other programs compared to the crappy way we've all been treated by Kellogg? For me, Booth was by far more professional. Any other thoughts?

I agree... and I don't think I'm waiting around to endure more of it all summer on their waitlist. See you at Booth!
Manager
Manager
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2011, 10:32
I just want to say that posters on the K waitlist thread take the news with stoicism and a good sense of humour. Just read thread at another BSchool and the tone was harsher/aggressive as normal overachievers have to deal with WL.
Manager
Manager
Schools: Booth class of 2013
WE 1: 6 yrs product development (tech)
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 47 [0], given: 23

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2011, 11:27
Michmax3 wrote:
tru777 wrote:

I agree... and I don't think I'm waiting around to endure more of it all summer on their waitlist. See you at Booth!

I'm an R1 waitlist on Kellogg, and I'm disappointed that they've still been unable to render a decision. I'm headed to Booth, but I did want to receive some closure to my application. Looks like that isn't happening.

Good luck to the rest of you, wherever you end up. Know that getting into a top b-school should not even list among the top achievements in your life/career anyway, so try not to let this process bring you down.

My profile
My GMAT experience

Manager
Manager

Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2011, 12:27
It's like the admits took the wormhole and we're taking the long way. As we accelerate, the amount of time between communications ratchets up until there's all but silence on GMATClub. Nothing to cheer us on our long, lonely journeys. Somehow, a few of us survive and make it to the other end. But when we get there, everyone has grown older while we've aged little on our light-speed trek. As fresh-faced newcomers, we must integrate ourselves into a strange and well-established society. Our finances in disarray from forfeited deposits and hasty FAFSAs, we struggle to find lodging in the new world.
Apologies to the physicists.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Chicago Booth 2013, Ross, Duke , Kellogg , Stanford, Haas
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 97 [0], given: 53

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2011, 12:38
wiredo wrote:
Know that getting into a top b-school should not even list among the top achievements in your life/career anyway

I like that... I'm going to keep that in mind even while celebrating an admit to a top b-school, there's so much more I want to accomplish in life and this is just one of many ways to make it happen.

Good luck to the rest of you who continue to wait!
Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2011, 12:55
fbardolph wrote:
It's like the admits took the wormhole and we're taking the long way. As we accelerate, the amount of time between communications ratchets up until there's all but silence on GMATClub. Nothing to cheer us on our long, lonely journeys. Somehow, a few of us survive and make it to the other end. But when we get there, everyone has grown older while we've aged little on our light-speed trek. As fresh-faced newcomers, we must integrate ourselves into a strange and well-established society. Our finances in disarray from forfeited deposits and hasty FAFSAs, we struggle to find lodging in the new world.

You sure business school is for you? Maybe you should write science fiction instead...
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2011, 13:02
driege wrote:
fbardolph wrote:

You sure business school is for you? Maybe you should write science fiction instead...

I may not come from consulting or finance, but I do feel a part of the type-a diaspora whether these schools want to admit it/me or not.
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2011, 13:07
Also, I hear vampires are where it's at if you want to make mad fiction ca$h.
Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists   [#permalink] 25 Mar 2011, 13:07