Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Sep 2014, 11:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
WE 1: Energy
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2011, 09:38
Monday's and Friday's are their busiest days. I would wait a day to call.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2011, 07:05
anyone contacted to the admisson teams?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2011, 07:13
I called Admissions yesterday and was able to get the contact info for my Waitlist manager. I couldn't get through to her though, so I left a message. Looking at the earlier posts in this thread, it sounds like the Waitlist managers have a lot of voicemails/messages to go through, so it may take a little while before you can make contact with them.
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2011, 14:27
any round 1 folks have recent interaction with adcom worth mentioning?
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: LEED AP
Schools: GSB(R1) Haas(R1) Wharton(R1) Kellogg(R1) Ross(R2) Tepper(R2)
WE 1: 4.5 yrs in architecture.
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 7

Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2011, 14:34
trikstr wrote:

No, and I think I'm out of things to tell them for the year.
Like the commenter said a while back, I doubt they'll add many from the WL. They're Kellogg after all. Are there really people turning down offers in the numbers you'd need to have a fighting chance of getting off this populated combined WL? Despair! Or whatever.
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2011, 14:50
fbardolph wrote:
trikstr wrote:

No, and I think I'm out of things to tell them for the year.
Like the commenter said a while back, I doubt they'll add many from the WL. They're Kellogg after all. Are there really people turning down offers in the numbers you'd need to have a fighting chance of getting off this populated combined WL? Despair! Or whatever.

sounds about right, just checking. I had some interaction with my manager a while ago and she mentioned my file was with the adcom. her tone sounded rather ambivalent... 'either wait or take yourself off.' o well.
Manager
Manager
WE 1: Medical devices,
WE 2: Consumer electronics

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 5

Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists [#permalink] New post 06 Apr 2011, 06:47
trikstr wrote:

sounds about right, just checking. I had some interaction with my manager a while ago and she mentioned my file was with the adcom. her tone sounded rather ambivalent... 'either wait or take yourself off.' o well.

Anyone know how long does it take WL managers to get back to you typically? I left a voicemail earlier in the week.

Also wondering if some WL managers are more helpful than others? Any insights will be much appreciated.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Kellogg, HBS (Int), Sloan, CBS (Int)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 6

Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists [#permalink] New post 06 Apr 2011, 06:57
gsmon wrote:
trikstr wrote:

Anyone know how long does it take WL managers to get back to you typically? I left a voicemail earlier in the week.

Also wondering if some WL managers are more helpful than others? Any insights will be much appreciated.

I left a VM on Monday and didn't receive a response. Sent a follow-up email yesterday morning and she emailed me back last night.

That said, she couldn't fit me in for a ~10-minute conversation until Friday. These folks are busy.
Manager
Manager
Schools: Wharton, Kellogg, MIT, Kenan-Flagler, Booth, Darden, Duke

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists [#permalink] New post 06 Apr 2011, 07:00
gsmon wrote:
trikstr wrote:

I wrote an e-mail to my WL manager as she was travelling, asking her when it would be convenient to call. She replied and we talked over the phone.

In terms of helpfulness, such a difference may possibly exist, but honestly, I don't believe this has anything to do with final decisions. At least this was in my case.. :roll:
Manager
Manager
WE 1: Medical devices,
WE 2: Consumer electronics

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 5

Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists [#permalink] New post 06 Apr 2011, 07:27
nuvolari wrote:
gsmon wrote:
trikstr wrote:

I wrote an e-mail to my WL manager as she was travelling, asking her when it would be convenient to call. She replied and we talked over the phone.

In terms of helpfulness, such a difference may possibly exist, but honestly, I don't believe this has anything to do with final decisions. At least this was in my case.. :roll:

Thanks a bunch. It's helpful to know what's going on.

Last edited by gsmon on 07 Apr 2011, 13:11, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists [#permalink] New post 06 Apr 2011, 13:05
I have called multiple times with my WL manager and could not reach him. Is it better to leave a voicemail? I have also emailed him but not gotten any reply. Has anyone got any feedback on their application that you need to focus on while sending the "significant updates" ?
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists [#permalink] New post 06 Apr 2011, 16:44
I'm especially interested to hear if anyone was told to re-take the GMAT or take a class.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Current Student
Schools: Tuck Class of 2013

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 4

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists [#permalink] New post 07 Apr 2011, 04:16
pramodpg wrote:
I have called multiple times with my WL manager and could not reach him. Is it better to leave a voicemail? I have also emailed him but not gotten any reply. Has anyone got any feedback on their application that you need to focus on while sending the "significant updates" ?

HELP
Hi guys. How you know about your waitlist manager ? Did you send an email or called ? Are you R1 applicants ?

Thanks,
Manager
Manager
Schools: Wharton, Kellogg, MIT, Kenan-Flagler, Booth, Darden, Duke

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists [#permalink] New post 07 Apr 2011, 04:23
Hi guys. How you know about your waitlist manager ? Did you send an email or called ? Are you R1 applicants ?

Thanks,[/quote]

I called and the guy on the phone told me the name, number and e-mail of my WL manager.
I am R1 applicant
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists [#permalink] New post 07 Apr 2011, 08:02
This post received
KUDOS
Cooper52 wrote:
I'm especially interested to hear if anyone was told to re-take the GMAT or take a class.

Posted from my mobile device Image

I called my WL manager and asked if there were any glaring issues with my application. She said that there was nothing really to improve upon and that they were waiting to see how the rest of round 3 shapes up. I mentioned that my GPA (3.44) was a little below average and that I was planning on retaking some classes online. She discouraged me from doing that and said that it would not be a good use of my time.

FYI: If you do need to redo any classes, check out LSU's online classes...ridiculously cheap ($350 for 3 credits/hours) and fairly easy.
Manager
Manager
Schools: Wharton R2 (Int), Columbia (Ding), Kellogg R2, Duke R2 (Int)
WE 1: International Development (2 years)
WE 2: Ibanking (3.5 years)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists [#permalink] New post 07 Apr 2011, 10:22
I sent my WL manager a brief email the other day asking for a good time to set up a call but haven't got a reply yet
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists [#permalink] New post 08 Apr 2011, 15:31
R2 waitlister. I have sent e-mail to admission office, but yet to get reply. It would be helpful to share the feedback from WL manager such as retaking test or taking summer school.

Also, is there possiblitly that R2 waitlister will be denied in the first decision timing, mid-April?
Intern
Intern
Schools: Kellogg (R2 WL)

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists [#permalink] New post 12 Apr 2011, 22:59
Any one any hearing back from Adcom, W/l manager. If somebody doesn't hear anything by 19th April, does that mean a possible denial/ wait with R3 applicants?
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists [#permalink] New post 13 Apr 2011, 04:43
In terms of significant updates, is it a good idea to share with the WL manager other schools you've been admitted to? Varies by situation?
Manager
Manager
Schools: All R2 - Booth(attending w/$), Kellogg(WL w/int then ding), CBS(ding w/int), Harvard(ding), NYU(admit), UCLA PT(admit), USC PT(admit)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists [#permalink] New post 13 Apr 2011, 07:03
cherub617 wrote:
In terms of significant updates, is it a good idea to share with the WL manager other schools you've been admitted to? Varies by situation?

No, I probably wouldn't volunteer that information. Kellogg wants students that will fit into their community and they might be offended if you imply that your fit/acceptance with another school should make you a stronger candidate for theirs.

Totally another story if they ask for that information - then definitely feel free to share which schools you were accepted to.
Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists   [#permalink] 13 Apr 2011, 07:03