Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Jul 2014, 21:48

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT Error Log

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Schools: University of Washington Bothell, and Seattle University
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Reviews Badge
Re: GMAT Error Log [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2011, 20:59
manojmeets wrote:
Thanks for putting together such a wonderful Error Log!

However do I use this error log only for questions that I get wrong or should I log for the ones I get right too? The reason I'm asking is because the winning error log (sauraba's) has a graph "Accuracy by Area of Knowledge" that gets plotted only if I log my correct answers.

Thanks!

I think this goes along with my question. The graphs are not really making sense, and I think that is because I am only putting in answers that I got wrong because I thought that was what an error log was for.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT Error Log [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2011, 05:18
MeestorEno wrote:
manojmeets wrote:
Thanks for putting together such a wonderful Error Log!

However do I use this error log only for questions that I get wrong or should I log for the ones I get right too? The reason I'm asking is because the winning error log (sauraba's) has a graph "Accuracy by Area of Knowledge" that gets plotted only if I log my correct answers.

Thanks!

I think this goes along with my question. The graphs are not really making sense, and I think that is because I am only putting in answers that I got wrong because I thought that was what an error log was for.

Yes that's correct. I just read your question. I'm thinking of doing away with this error log and come up something more simple; excel graphs are a no brainer. While it's nice to see the statistics of what you are good at, it's equally time consuming to log EVERY question into error log. I prefer not to do that.
Concentration: Marketing, Other
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GMAT 2: 660 Q V
GPA: 3.64
WE: Accounting (Accounting)

Kudos [?]: 50 [0], given: 74958

Re: GMAT Error Log [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2011, 18:50
Hi,

I'm afraid I have overseen something or havn't understoond some essentials about error logs, since the questions seems obvious to me: Is there an error log for (some of) the gmatclub tests questions? For the OG I use the MGMAT OG Tracker, which by default shows the according topic/type of each question.

Best regards,

Hulkster
Manager
Manager
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 93 [0], given: 10

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT Error Log [#permalink] New post 23 Mar 2011, 12:53
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
excel guru add in accuracy for quant and verbal subareas? [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2011, 10:07
Could one of you excel gurus out there or maybe the creator himself please add in the data tables and corresponding graphs to show accuracy by verbal and quant sub areas for the awesome error log V3. It would be helpful to me and I'm sure to tons of people out there to be able to pinpoint their areas of weakness to the exact sub-areas within the areas. Say you have an area of geometry and you know that geometry is your weakest area but within geometry what should you focus on? Is it triangles, lines, circles, coordinate geometry? Maybe you have an area of arithmetic but is your biggest weakness probability, combinations and permutations, or number properties.

I will be SOOO grateful if anyone decides to take on the challenge. I've played a bit with the sheet and customized the database and even figured out how to add in the verbal time tables to show the verbal time graphs, but adding in the sub areas is just too much for my level of excel expertise.

Thanks so much!

Attachments

Brad's Awesome Error Log V3 Edited 3.xlsm [279.12 KiB]
Downloaded 81 times

To download please login or register as a user

Manager
Manager
Schools: Fuqua
WE 1: Research in Neurology
WE 2: MORE research in Neurology
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 38 [0], given: 55

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT Error Log [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2011, 10:07
thanks for this again, re-downloading and starting over :)

Back to the grind, goal 700+

Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Beta Gamma Sigma, Omicron Delta Epsilon, Toastmasters Intl, HHonors
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 41 [0], given: 27

GMAT Tests User
Re: excel guru add in accuracy for quant and verbal subareas? [#permalink] New post 03 May 2011, 12:27
Thanks Brad. Any way to make this into an XL 2003 file?

heel289 wrote:
Could one of you excel gurus out there or maybe the creator himself please add in the data tables and corresponding graphs to show accuracy by verbal and quant sub areas for the awesome error log V3. It would be helpful to me and I'm sure to tons of people out there to be able to pinpoint their areas of weakness to the exact sub-areas within the areas. Say you have an area of geometry and you know that geometry is your weakest area but within geometry what should you focus on? Is it triangles, lines, circles, coordinate geometry? Maybe you have an area of arithmetic but is your biggest weakness probability, combinations and permutations, or number properties.

I will be SOOO grateful if anyone decides to take on the challenge. I've played a bit with the sheet and customized the database and even figured out how to add in the verbal time tables to show the verbal time graphs, but adding in the sub areas is just too much for my level of excel expertise.

Thanks so much!

= = = = = = = = = =

If you liked my post, please consider a Kudos for me. Thanks!

Intern
Intern

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT Error Log [#permalink] New post 03 May 2011, 19:19
I saved it in the .xls format but there were 12 compatibility issues found (mostly concerning date format and "links to a closed workbook"). I also edited this whole thing on a mac, so I don't know what effects that will produce. Either way I hope it's helpful. By the way, I ended up making the stats for subareas as well. Hope that's useful to some folks out there. I'll post the file saved in the other excel formats as well.

Attachments

Brad's Awesome Error Log V3 Final.xls [2.55 MiB]
Downloaded 46 times

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT Error Log [#permalink] New post 03 May 2011, 19:28
This post received
KUDOS
Here is the macro-enabled workbook format, which includes my modifications to the Awesome Error Log V 3.0 by Saruba, Spoilt, and Trianglock. The modifications include adding in the verbal time tables and graphs plus extra sheets to show verbal and quant subarea accuracy and timing. I hope the original macros stayed in tact, as I can't be sure because I am working on a mac. The macros are just bells and whistles anyway. I would say this should count as Awesome Error Log V 4.0 but I'll leave that up to the original creators to decide.

Attachments

Brad's Awesome Error Log V3 Final.xlsm [789.62 KiB]
Downloaded 61 times

Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Beta Gamma Sigma, Omicron Delta Epsilon, Toastmasters Intl, HHonors

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT Error Log [#permalink] New post 04 May 2011, 10:42
Thanks "heel289", +1!

Any way you can save as an Excel 2003 file for those of us whose employers are XP-oriented Luddites?

heel289 wrote:
Here is the macro-enabled workbook format, which includes my modifications to the Awesome Error Log V 3.0 by Saruba, Spoilt, and Trianglock. The modifications include adding in the verbal time tables and graphs plus extra sheets to show verbal and quant subarea accuracy and timing. I hope the original macros stayed in tact, as I can't be sure because I am working on a mac. The macros are just bells and whistles anyway. I would say this should count as Awesome Error Log V 4.0 but I'll leave that up to the original creators to decide.

= = = = = = = = = =

Intern
Intern

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT Error Log [#permalink] New post 04 May 2011, 11:39
Here you go.

Attachments

Brad's Awesome Error Log V3 Final.xls [2.55 MiB]
Downloaded 65 times

Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT Error Log [#permalink] New post 04 May 2011, 11:43
So awesome. Thank you! :-D

heel289 wrote:
Here you go.

= = = = = = = = = =

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT Error Log [#permalink] New post 23 May 2011, 07:06
Hello guys!

I'd like to start that this forum is awesome. It's very helpful source in the long and not always easy way to succeed in GMAT. ))

Now, about Error logs. I didn't spend a lot of time to choose an Error log among the available files. I thought (and still think) they are all great. But when I try to use the first one (Friendly_error_log) I found that not all statistics there are reasonable. There are some errors in formulas in the Verbal Stats sheet, Question by issue part. There are references to the Quant log sheet. So, it would be great if someone add proper formula and upload the file to this forum.
Intern
Intern

Re: GMAT Error Log [#permalink] New post 30 May 2011, 08:49
hi...I used the awesome error log for the prep I took yesterday.I have fed in only quant info.But the stats dont show up.Wat's wrong?Attached is tge spreadsheet.Plz refer only the 'quant log' sheet.

Attachments

pREP 4_Awesome_Error_Log_V2.1.xlsm [389.11 KiB]
Downloaded 38 times

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GPA: 4
WE: Consulting (Investment Banking)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 10

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: GMAT Error Log [#permalink] New post 30 May 2011, 11:57
I do always check my errors directly and just mark the question in my material as wrong. After one week, I redo the wrong questions checking if I still get them wrong ...
Intern
Intern

Re: GMAT Error Log [#permalink] New post 31 May 2011, 03:40
I would really like some help on my post.I spent 2 hours of my precious study time to enter all this data and understand my mistakes.It would all go down the dumps.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 43

Re: GMAT Error Log [#permalink] New post 03 Jun 2011, 22:11
In most error logs, it is not possible to specify where exactly the question is coming from. For example in the Friendly Error Log, I can mentiont he source, let's say Kaplan, but cannot specify where in Kaplan, which page which number. can someone please help me understand?
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 10

Re: GMAT Error Log [#permalink] New post 05 Jun 2011, 16:31
Hi

I use the first error log - friendly_error_log_v2_by_saruba.xls but when ever I enter details in the spreadsheet it wont give me any graphs.

Please suggest how to resolve it.

Attachments

Log.jpg
Log.jpg [ 221.54 KiB | Viewed 6416 times ]

Log entry.jpg
Log entry.jpg [ 112.69 KiB | Viewed 6416 times ]

Manager
Manager
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 112 [0], given: 9

Re: GMAT Error Log [#permalink] New post 06 Jun 2011, 07:04
Thank you guys for wonderful contribution.

I have a quick question if you don't mind (on the winner error log).

How to change the data validation list on any cell. On the data validation it says =subQ for example. How can I change what is in SubQ?

Thanks,
Raj
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 2

Re: GMAT Error Log [#permalink] New post 09 Jun 2011, 18:35
I am stoked to see the error log brought to life in true analytic fashion. I've been tracking my errors on paper, but this is another world entirely. Much appreciated.
Re: GMAT Error Log   [#permalink] 09 Jun 2011, 18:35