Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Jul 2014, 04:15

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT test Problem Help needed URGENTLY

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
VP
VP
Affiliations: PMI,QAI Global,eXampleCG
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 131 [0], given: 10

GMAT Tests User
GMAT test Problem Help needed URGENTLY [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2009, 07:06
hello all,
Hope people are doing great.Well I wanted to discuss one problem of mine,regarding GMAT.Its about my scores in the tests that I have taken till now.Its pathetic as even in Princeton,in the first two tests I have got between 500 and 570.The problem is I am unable to keep the accuracy that I have in general under timed conditions.I have been preparing from August 2009 and I am almost done with OG 10,11 and 12 with decent accuracy in the verbal section of 90-95% in CR,85-90% in RC and 80-85% in SC especially.Maths section is pretty fine with me and I am doing the Quant tests from GMAT club to improvise.I am now doing the GMATprep,MGMAT questions from the forums and my accuracy is pretty good.

In the Quant section I get 28-30 questions correct out of 37 with 2-3 question missing due to silly mistakes.But in Verbal,its 24-28 questions out of 41,with timing not so good.To juggle between time and accuracy I am facing problem.Till now I have taken around 12 tests from 800.com,Kaplan and now Princeton.My correct number of questions are almost the same in all.I am due for my exam in the month of December and I haven't even reached the score of at least a 600 in any of the tests till date,which is bothering me.

I am preparing on my own right now.But for the problem that I am facing I need some help.

So please let me know,what you can add upon.

Thanks and take care.

Visit -- http://www.sustainable-sphere.com/
Promote Green Business,Sustainable Living and Green Earth !!

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2159

Kudos [?]: 7592 [0], given: 3624

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: GMAT test Problem Help needed URGENTLY [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2009, 07:55
Expert's post
What guidebooks have you used to prep?

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT test Problem Help needed URGENTLY [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2009, 08:10
download GMATPrep from www.mba.com

most similar to the real GMAT experience (same interface) and provides the most accurate score to the real thing (same algorithm)
VP
VP
Affiliations: PMI,QAI Global,eXampleCG
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 131 [0], given: 10

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT test Problem Help needed URGENTLY [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2009, 09:11
Guidebooks:
SC - MGMAT 2003,OG 10,11,12
CR - PowerScore Bible,OG's
RC - OG's,RC 1000 currently doing.
Quant - OG's,GMAT CLUB tests

I have started prep since Aug 20th.Have taken 12 tests.
Verbal - 20-28 correct out of 41 Full attempt
Maths - 28-31 correct out of 37 Full attempt
Scores - 42-48 for Quant,Verbal - 18-26

Thank you.

Visit -- http://www.sustainable-sphere.com/
Promote Green Business,Sustainable Living and Green Earth !!

Intern
Intern
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 4

Re: GMAT test Problem Help needed URGENTLY [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2009, 12:01
Hi amit2k9,

Make sure you are doing all of your practice problems under timed conditions. The GMAT timer found on this site is a good tool to use.

Also, I wouldn't worry so much about the total number of questions you're getting incorrect because it's not as significant to your score as you think. The GMAT scoring algorithm is not only based on how many questions answered correctly, but the level of difficulty of questions answered correctly. So if you get 10 questions wrong in the beginning of the test, your score will be much lower than if you were to get 10 questions wrong at the very end the test.

The more important question I would focus on is what type of questions are you consistently getting wrong and why.
Just focus on this with a good study plan and a good score will follow. :)

Paul

Focused GMAT Prep
http://www.thegmatbootcamp.com

Re: GMAT test Problem Help needed URGENTLY   [#permalink] 27 Oct 2009, 12:01