Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Sep 2014, 21:46

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Good source for verbal practice problems?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Good source for verbal practice problems? [#permalink] New post 29 Feb 2012, 13:34
I am preparing for the Gmat my second time around and am looking for a good source of verbal practice problems. I used the MGMAT practice exams and OG12 my first time around and really struggled through the verbal on the official test. I've heard that the verbal is a little bit tougher on the actual exam compared to MGMAT so really want to practice with more difficult questions this time around.

The books that I am using for my prep are MGMAT SC, Powerscore for CR and RC99. Does anyone have any suggestions for good practice questions that are in the 600/700 level? I am aiming for an overall 650-680.

I also stumbled upon the below link on the quant forum which references the question types by level that have been posted on this forum. Is there something similar for verbal? gmat-ps-question-directory-by-topic-127957.html

Finally, my biggest struggle with RC is the inference/specific detail questions. Should I stick to just the OG12/Verbal 2nd edition for practice or is it worth it to use RC99. I've heard that the questions for RC99 aren't that good of a reflection of Gmat type questions. Thanks in advance for any responses!
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 20

Re: Good source for verbal practice problems? [#permalink] New post 29 Feb 2012, 13:44
I think Aristotle themselves said that since RC99 wasn't very indicative of RC problems, therefore they revamped the problems and released them as RC set 1 and set 2. I recently purchased these, but have not yet gone through them. One of my friends scored a 40 on the verbal section and said that Manhattan + OG12 were more than enough to do well on the verbal section. The quant on the other hand...
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Good source for verbal practice problems? [#permalink] New post 29 Feb 2012, 18:30
Any other thoughts? I scored a 500 at my first attempt and really could use some more resources for practice problems. Thanks again.
Re: Good source for verbal practice problems?   [#permalink] 29 Feb 2012, 18:30