Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 01:12 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 01:12

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 85 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:Stanford, Harvard, Berkeley, INSEAD
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Finance, General Management and IMS
Schools:Haas, Darden, Booth, LBS, Insead and IMD
 Q46  V23
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2918 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
 Q50  V40
Send PM
Re: Hades Peril [#permalink]
Hades,
what do you think about differences between GMAT and LSAT questions?
I found LSAT questions more bulky and abstract, but GMAT questions more subtle.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
LSAT PT 25 or 24 I forget

I did a full test. I did my first games section ever-- went 20 mins over time, man it tired me out, but I killed everything else still.
My brain is fried. One game was pretty messed up, but good mental practice.

Games - 22/24
CR1 - 25/25 (destroyed it..)
CR2 - 22/25 (parallel CR's I got wrong)
RC - 25/27

Total 94/101 - 175
Manager
Manager
Send PM
LSAT PT27 (extremely hard!)

CR1 - 23/26 (some formal logic ones)
LG - 21/24 (went waYYYYYYYYYY over time)

Going to finish the other 2 sections tomorrow, exhausted

These logic games are frying my brain... but good practice
Manager
Manager
Send PM
LSAT PT 27

CR2 - 22/25 (2 formal logic ones, was close in both, and one confusing one)

RC - 22/26 (ouch, got 3/7 on one confusing passage, 2nd one, other 3 passages i got 100%)

overall 89/101 - 173 (apparently it was a hard PT)

averaging low 170's on LSAT PT's
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 10035 [0]
Given Kudos: 361
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Other
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2011
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi, Hades

Congrats, you have impressive results!
I'd like to ask you why do you need 800 when you have 750? Do you have a weak profile? or is it just an interesting game?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Long story : )

I want to avg 175 on LSAT, I figure that will correlate to a high 40 Verbal, maybe 50-51V if I have a good day, I'll always get a few wrong because of those parallel reasoning ones (I'm too lazy to diagram)

I'm don't think I've gotten a single strengthen/weaken/conclusion wrong on the LSAT CR's yet, it's been all formal/parallel logic which I'm not too concerned about.

SC I'm at 95-100% correct

RC I nail unless I'm tired, but it's been improving a lot since I started doing LSAT RC's (which are much longer and more ambiguous)

With the additional time on the GMAT Verbal + the additional time from averaging 30-45s per SC, I'll have plenty of time for the ridiculous RC's

I'm not getting my hopes up but hopefully I can improve significantly on my 750

I'm going to try GMAT Focus, I've exhausted pretty much all the official questions, and I don't like working off non-official sources as most are not indicative of real GMAT questions.

Question for someone who's used GMATFocus, you pay $25, then it spits out 24 Quant from a database, right? And it saves those so you can pull them up later? They say if you use it more than 3 times you'll probably see repeats... so I'm guessing it pulls questions for all 3 exams from 1 database?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
LSAT CR1 PT40

19/23, got 10/13/15/25 wrong
29m (75s/q)

3 were formal logic ones (ala diagramming), 1 was strengthen :evil: I COMPLETELY disagree with the answer though

It's getting to the point where the answers are bloody obvious and I get them wrong because I'm too lazy to invest the time... did some Quant questions, getting bored.

going to write daily 1-2 CR, 1 RC + Quant (going to do GMATFocus), then the hardest paper tests and then go write the damn thing already.

If I have a bad day on G-day around the same as last time, and if I have a good day... hopefully it will be a very good day :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Quote:
Question for someone who's used GMATFocus, you pay $25, then it spits out 24 Quant from a database, right? And it saves those so you can pull them up later? They say if you use it more than 3 times you'll probably see repeats... so I'm guessing it pulls questions for all 3 exams from 1 database?

You get like a $10 break if you buy 3 tests at once. But I have done two tests with no repeats so far (also I don't believe I've seen the questions in any other source). I feel like the content is slightly different though b/c I don't think I've seen a single geometry problem in the 48 questions that I've done. But overall the questions are quite good and you can return to the old test at any time.
GMAT Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 693 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
 Q51  V50
Send PM
Good luck! I hope all this GMAT work isn't taking time away from your application essays...
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 120 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Schools:Wharton Class of 2011
 Q48  V41
Send PM
mkrump wrote:
Quote:

You get like a $10 break if you buy 3 tests at once. But I have done two tests with no repeats so far (also I don't believe I've seen the questions in any other source). I feel like the content is slightly different though b/c I don't think I've seen a single geometry problem in the 48 questions that I've done. But overall the questions are quite good and you can return to the old test at any time.

I bought all 3 tests of GMAT Focus and I found them very good. That was a year and a half ago, just when GMAT Focus started. I know there were many negative comments on this forum, but Focus is a superb prep tool. It contains same new math concepts appearing in GMAT recently. Actually, the questions on the real test are very similar to those in Focus, even more similar than those in GMATprep.

Although it is a superb prep tool, I'm not sure how good indicator of real test performance Focus is. It costs $25 each, but you can buy 3 tests for $65. Your answers remain saved in your login account, so you can keep comming back to them for practice or analysis.

I recommend Focus to everyone, especially to people who depleted all other resorces (OG, GMATprep) and struggle finding adequate questions.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thanks, I'll probably save it for a few days before Gday

I'm worried about repeats, but blah

I've been studying a bit, there isn't a question that I can't nail if I'm in the zone (and that isn't worded ambiguously)

I tried that Manhattan GMAT test, I wasn't too pleased with the questions.. the Verbal is nowhere relevant to the actual GMAT, the CR arguments are completely ambiguous and explanations subjective, which is in start contrast to what the GMAT values-- objective contriteness. I was rather disappointed, because I've seen some of the MGMAT 800 guys on the other forums and their explanations are top notch, so I guess they have somebody else writing the questions.

Their algorithm is quite flawed too, I did the Quant in 30 minutes & Verbal in 15 minutes (I guessed completely on RC) and it gave me a 680-- which on the real thing would have given you a 300 or so.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6508 [0]
Given Kudos: 100
 Q44  V38
Send PM
wow..*STARSTRUCK*
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: ACA, CPA
Own Kudos [?]: 272 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
Concentration: Finance, Treasury, Banking
Schools:BC
GMAT 2: 620
WE 1: Big4, Audit
WE 2: Banking
Send PM
Wow. you have some speed!! When is your GMAT sch for?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2 
Moderator:
Founder
37301 posts