Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 16:45 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 16:45

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Tags:
IEx   Judgex   
Find Similar Topics  Add a Tag
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1682 [1]
Given Kudos: 210
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: IE Vs Cambridge [#permalink]
sorry, this is exactly wrong comparison in line with your career goals. Definitely down to Bocconi that overwhelmingly feeds into local offices of MC as u mentioned.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
peterson wrote:
It is usually that people try to deny the rising star, and harm its rising reputation with unknown past impression. Do not fall for that. I would choose IE over Cambridge any time. IE, LBS, and Insead are the best european B schools.

@ Peterson, what are your reasons for choosing IE over Cambridge? Surely Cambridge has a better global reputation?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello everybody. As I hoped, I am in at IE and JBS, that is why I created this topic. I have been reading stuff on the internet and in this forum and I've decided to go to cambridge. Despite of the rankings I believe it is far better than IE.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Schools:Cambridge (R2-Matriculating), Nyenrode (Accepted), Oxford (R2-Interview invite)
 Q46  V41
WE 1: Army officer (Corps of Engineers)
WE 2: Air Quality Control Engineer
WE 3: Water Resources Engineer
Send PM
Ippo,

Congrats on the admit to the two schools! And on making the tough decision.

I'm starting to look into MBA programs and Cambridge is definitely on the list. Can you provide any suggestions on the application process? And since I'm sure you've done considerable research on the school (and have probably visited), any thoughts on the school and program in general? Thanks :)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Concentration: International business, pharmaceutical, bio-tech
Schools:Cambridge/Judge '11
Send PM
BigRedEnvEng wrote:
I'm starting to look into MBA programs and Cambridge is definitely on the list. Can you provide any suggestions on the application process? And since I'm sure you've done considerable research on the school (and have probably visited), any thoughts on the school and program in general? Thanks :)

Look here: https://gmatclub.com/forum/oxbridge-2010-applicants-80925.html
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
I think the ranking are overrated for IE. But I still decide to go to IE for their dual degree program with MIT in MBA and MEng in Supply Chain and Logistics dual degree. I think many people might question IE as the most over rated b-school in Spain, at least some of my Spanish friends at MIT think so, but no one will question MIT as the best school in Supply Chain and Logistics. In US, ranking don't mean much when you are in an elite group. For example, comparing MIT to Harvard or Yale or Columbia.... There are no commanding lead in salary nor reputation. I think when choosing the right school, you really have to check your goal. If your goal is to open doors to European market with a European MBA. I think IE or any other non-English speaking countries are better than college's in UK because I am from a English speaking country, USA. And vise-versa. Then you identify and choose the best fit school for you base on your career goal. I want to work in Supply Chain, therefore IE's dual degree program out weights everything else. I think IE belong to the elite European b-schools because it was consistently ranked as one of the best b-school in Europe, not a one year wonder, and its status of elite b-school was confirmed by top ranked schools such as MIT, Northwestern, Browns, Trufts, etc. I don't think any of these school will partner with a lousy school.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:Booth R1 (WL), NYU R1 (WL), Kellogg JD/MBA R2, Tepper R2, Ross R2 (admit)
GPA: 3.4
WE 1: Mortgage
Send PM
Why are the placement numbers for IE so low? Businessweek has them at 42% for first offers by graduation. This seems especially low.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM