Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 13:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Input needed on study plan!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Input needed on study plan! [#permalink] New post 16 Jun 2011, 08:20
I wanted to get some feedback on my plan moving forward. I just started studying for the GMAT this past Monday.

My plan is this:

Work through the verbal of the Kaplan Premiere book, then tackle the Kaplan Math Workbook. After completing both of those books, I planned on taking an official GMAT diagnostic.

Then, I plan on taking the 9 week online Manhattan GMAT course. I am targeting a 700+.

Mainly, I am seeking input on skipping the Kaplan Premier math section. I figure, that since I will be working through the Kaplan Math Workbook, it would be redundant to go through the math section on the premiere and workbook. What say you?

Any other advice on my basic layout of my study plan? I find that the 12 weeks I have should be sufficient. I plan to destroy the GMAT in early September.

Thanks in advance!
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 700 Q V
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 29

Re: Input needed on study plan! [#permalink] New post 16 Jun 2011, 08:46
I personally am not that impressed with the Kaplan math workbook but that is just me. I found the MGMAT math books to be the most solid. I would encourage you to just focus on MGMAT math books from the onset.

I think Kaplan Premiere is good just for general practice, and the CD comes with plenty of practice quizzes too. Pretty good value for the price.

How is your verbal?

~ PickyTooth - Eat Like a Local Foodie // www.pickytooth.com ~

Intern
Intern

Re: Input needed on study plan! [#permalink] New post 16 Jun 2011, 09:15
Well, my verbal is OK. I previously planned on going to law school, took the LSAT, got accepted, then decided on a different career.

So, my CR and RC are pretty strong. SC is a bit new, but my grammar is ok, and I think I'll be fine with my verbal overall.

My main concern is the math. I used to be very strong in math, but haven't used any sort of math for years. I was hoping to get a nice brush up on most of the math fundamentals from the Kaplan Math Workbook.

I didn't want to hop into the Manhattan GMAT books because I wanted to save them for the online course.

My plan was to build a foundation, take a practice test to see how much I need to improve, then put everything I have into the MGMAT course.

I wish I had purchased the Manhattan GMAT Math Foundations workbook instead of the Kaplan, but in an attempt to save money I was hoping the Kapplan Math Workbook would be sufficient in refreshing the fundamentals.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: Input needed on study plan! [#permalink] New post 16 Jun 2011, 09:18
Then I think you will be fine! :) Good luck and let us know how the studying goes!

Intern
Intern

Re: Input needed on study plan! [#permalink] New post 16 Jun 2011, 09:24
Thank you so much for the wishes enkie!

So you think the Kaplan Math Workbook will at least suffice in refreshing the fundamentals?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: Input needed on study plan! [#permalink] New post 16 Jun 2011, 11:55
I think so yes. It will get your brain back into math mode. And the MGMAT online classes im sure will cover all the material in the strategy guides. I did self study with MGMAT and found their math guides to be really really useful.

Intern
Intern
Abhi: 9

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 6

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Input needed on study plan! [#permalink] New post 17 Jun 2011, 01:26
i am using kaplan premier to refresh my math .. almost about to finish it.. from my experience doing
kaplan premier i think the math on that book would suffice since it covers all basics..maybe instead of doing the math work-book , just finish off math from the kaplan premier and then if u still feel u want more math theory , just use the math theory/refresher in the GMATPrep software to refresh your knowledge..

but thats just my 2 cents :P
let me know what u decide to do ...
Re: Input needed on study plan!   [#permalink] 17 Jun 2011, 01:26