I would like to thank you in advance for taking the time to help me narrow down the list of Business Schools to Apply to for the first round of intake for Fall, 2012 Full-Time MBA Program.
Gender - Male
Age - 25
Nationality - Indian
1st attempt - T: 650 Q: 44 V: 37 [26th Dec 2010]
2nd attempt - T: 710 Q: 48 V: 40 [24th Feb 2011]3rd attempt - T: 750 Q: 51 V: 40 [6th Aug 2011]
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Month & Year of Graduation: Nov, 2008
GPA - 7.2 on a 10 point scale [No point converting to the 4 point scale though... Grading is not standardized in my country]
Sr. Engineer, Larsen & Toubro, Engineering and Construction Division
Duration - Jul 2008 to Jul 2010 (24 months)
After completing college I was offered employment by Larsen & Toubro Ltd. (Engineering Construction & Contracts), India's No. 1 Construction Company. As a Graduate Engineer working for a company of high repute, I was expected to perform from day 1 onwards. My responsibilities included the following:
1. Managing the welfare of a gang of 50 construction workers while extracting high productivity from them.
2. Resolving technical difficulties encountered while executing work at site.
3. Maintaining good relationship with local inhabitants to avoid stoppage of work due to 'Right of Way' issues.
4. Obtaining permits from government authorities as and when required.
After spending one year across different geo graphical terrains in India (Tropical Forest in Karnataka to Snow Capped Mountains in Himachal Pradesh), I was promoted to the rank of Senior Engineer and transferred to Dubai, UAE. In Dubai, the following were added to the list of responsibilities:
1. Acting as the link between the engineers at site and the design team to facilitate inclusion/exclusion of features as recommended by the client.
2. Managing the inventory of items in the Site Store so as to avoid material shortage during execution.
3. Procuring items of required quality at the best price offered by identifying and negotiating with vendors.
4. Generating reports for clients to review.
5. Preparing Master Schedule for Up coming projects.
Faculty, Mathematics Department (GMAT/GRE), T.I.M.E. (One of India's leading institution in the field of Entrance coaching)
Duration - Mar 2011 to Present
After working in a corporate environment for two years, I decided to resign my job at L&T and seek for a job in India where I can be of more service to people. I always had a passion for teaching and also the ability to get the point through to the students without much effort. So I decided to take up a teaching assignment in an entrance coaching institute in my city and continue to work there till fall 2012. Three of my students have already scored +700 in the gmat. I enjoy my work here but I'm not interested in teaching as a full time career option.
• Self taught Guitarist
• Chief Editor of the Electrical & Electronics Engineering departmental magazine, Potentia, during college pre-final year
• Founding Student Secretary of ‘Eureka’ - the college Quiz Club
• Leader of the Core Committee for organizing the Inter-College National Level Technical Symposium ‘Bhava’ during college final year
• School Pupil Leader of the Naval Public School, Kochi for the year 2003-04
Post MBA Aspiration:
I have not decided on which sector I want to enter after my MBA. However, I want to specialize in Finance.
"Wherever you go, go with all your heart" - Confucius
1. How to Review and Analyze your Mistakes (Post by BB at GMAT Club)
2. 4 Steps to Get the Most out out of your CATs (Manhattan GMAT Blog)
My Experience With GMAT
1. From 650 to 710 to 750 - My Tryst With GMAT
2. Quest to do my Best - My GMAT Journey Log